McCain-Rice Ticket

How is he trying to distance himself? By flip-flopping on the bush tax cuts which he once opposed, and now vows to make permanent? By vowing to not leave Iraq?
McCain is more Bush…and it can get worse.

How is he trying to distance himself? By flip-flopping on the bush tax cuts which he once opposed, and now vows to make permanent? By vowing to not leave Iraq?
McCain is more Bush…and it can get worse.

He trying to appear to distance himself from Bush, not to actually distance himself from the policies pursued by the Bush Administration.

Naw usc, I think he will at least pick a real person. ;)

Seriously though, the competitive state where there are the most electoral votes will probably determine the VP.

I watched that move again a while back again and was reminded of Bush and the machine behind him. The less that type say the more intelligent they appear. And if they are a good dresser that is a plus :)

I am sure one of those hump back devices would do wonders for Chauncey in a debate.

With McCain already being the foreign and military policy heavyweight in the race, he hardly needs another national security-heavy resume to bring gravitas to the Republican ticket. Having publicly admitted to his lack of mastery on matters economic, McCain needs someone that can instill confidence on both Wall Street and Main Street. As is, Condi adds nothing to the ticket that McCain doesn’t already bring to it himself.

As the final two nails in the coffin of her vice presidential hopes, there is first the fact that Rice has no prior electoral experience whatsoever. Other than competing for the title of Favorite Bush Family Confidante, which she most likely lost to Saudi Prince Bandar bin Sultan, she has never ran for any elected office. While she served as foreign policy advisor to George W. Bush’s presidential campaign, the daily trials, tribulations and torture of the campaign trail is alien to her. Finally, there is the fact that she would become the personification of both the war in Iraq and the Bush presidency. Though McCain may not run away from Iraq, he cannot allow Democrats to portray him as running for the third Bush term. Rice’s inclusion on the ticket would open him up to daily carpet-bombing from both Democrats and independents longing to put the Bush years concretely behind them. He can no more afford to put Condi on the ticket than he could Dick Cheney.

McCain must ultimately decide between the unsavory options of pulling a Ferraro and pandering for votes with a purely symbolic and unqualified running mate, writing off blacks and targeting women by picking someone like Texas Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison or ignoring the triangulation calculus completely and fielding another traditional Republican all-white Wonder Bread ticket. Playing on these equally unappealing possibilities and their potential for electoral disaster, Condi and her supporters, including Laura Bush, will fight to put her back at the head of McCain’s short list. Nonetheless, odds are you will find McCain-Rice on your local supermarket shelves long before you will ever find it on a ballot at your local polling station.

Last edited:
Naw usc, I think he will at least pick a real person. ;)

Seriously though, the competitive state where there are the most electoral votes will probably determine the VP.

Rice is from Alabama, not a competitive state or one with many electorals.

I hope McCain does not choose Christ, my governor and the only Republican Ive ever liked.

I hope McCain does not choose Christ, my governor and the only Republican Ive ever liked.

Christ would certainly kick a lil ass if place on a ticket... with all the starving people instantly fed, all the poor clothed and with homes with a simple miracle.... yes, I think people would flock to that ticket. Though I doubt McCain is going to convince him to be a politician. After all that is a big step down for the son of God and all.

I think the top choices for McCain are....

1) Crist: Gov. of FL..... would help him lock up Florida

2) Romney... would help him shore up his economics shortfall as well as give him a shot at taking Michigan.

3) Pawlenty.... Gov of MN.... would help him on the age front, help make MN competitive (and maybe other upper midwest states like WI)

4) Sanford... Gov of SC.... would help shore up support among fiscal conservatives

I think by Nov romney will be a mistake. he will be viewed as an economic McSame.

Same type that got us in this mess.

Christ would certainly kick a lil ass if place on a ticket... with all the starving people instantly fed, all the poor clothed and with homes with a simple miracle.... yes, I think people would flock to that ticket. Though I doubt McCain is going to convince him to be a politician. After all that is a big step down for the son of God and all.

I think the top choices for McCain are....

1) Crist: Gov. of FL..... would help him lock up Florida

2) Romney... would help him shore up his economics shortfall as well as give him a shot at taking Michigan.

3) Pawlenty.... Gov of MN.... would help him on the age front, help make MN competitive (and maybe other upper midwest states like WI)

4) Sanford... Gov of SC.... would help shore up support among fiscal conservatives

Do you think he would take Crist, a single man rumored to be gay?

Back