McCain tanking in polls; bad month ahead

Onceler

I don't think I remember seeing a candidate unravel as quickly on the national level as McCain. He played the last 2 weeks as poorly as anyone in awhile (though Kerry had his moments).

According to the RCP average, he's down by an average of close to 6% at this point:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2008/president/us/general_election_mccain_vs_obama-225.html

This next month is going to be hard to watch. I heard a strategist last night talking about what we can expect; McCain is likely to go very negative, and start throwing all of the Wright/Ayers stuff out there with gusto. I'm sure we're going to see some not-so-subtle attempts to stoke racism, as well.

He had better get moving. OH is already voting. They're estimating that up to a third of the electorate will vote by election day.

It would really be best for America for Obama to win by a landslide.

It could end this idiotic partisan craziness we have been pushed into.

I don't think I remember seeing a candidate unravel as quickly on the national level as McCain. He played the last 2 weeks as poorly as anyone in awhile (though Kerry had his moments).

According to the RCP average, he's down by an average of close to 6% at this point:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2008/president/us/general_election_mccain_vs_obama-225.html

This next month is going to be hard to watch. I heard a strategist last night talking about what we can expect; McCain is likely to go very negative, and start throwing all of the Wright/Ayers stuff out there with gusto. I'm sure we're going to see some not-so-subtle attempts to stoke racism, as well.

He had better get moving. OH is already voting. They're estimating that up to a third of the electorate will vote by election day.

I can’t believe how the numbers turned around in Florida. I had written off Florida.

I can’t believe how the numbers turned around in Florida. I had written off Florida.

Me too! That has been a surprising, and really cool, development. Just about every poll now has Obama up, and some by more than a few points.

I haven't seen any analysis on that. I have a hunch that some seniors might be switching; maybe the idea of privatizing social security doesn't seem so good now....

Me too! That has been a surprising, and really cool, development. Just about every poll now has Obama up, and some by more than a few points.

I haven't seen any analysis on that. I have a hunch that some seniors might be switching; maybe the idea of privatizing social security doesn't seem so good now....

You know what the best part is; the more he tanks, the angrier he gets, and it shows. Which of course, is turning more people off to him. Did you read in several news accounts of the bailout vote, Obama walked across the aisle to shake his hand, and McCain would barely look at him? This was on the Senate floor. It’s only a matter of time before he explodes. You’re right about the negativity, and I think we’re going to see that tonight with Palin. She’s not smart, but she is one nasty person, if you have watched any of her previous debates and even her recent speeches. That is where she is comfortable. Being nasty and sarcastic.

She is saying that you will still be a partisan pig, but you will be in the minority where a pig like you belongs! No offense Cawacko, I’m just the translator!

I understand being in the minority part. How would that end partisanship? So Republican pigs like myself will stay partisan at the bottom of the heap. Are Democrats all of a sudden going to lose their partisanship and become these magnanimous bi-partisan folks looking for losers like me in the minority like I'm Julia Roberts and you are Richard Gere?

I understand being in the minority part. How would that end partisanship? So Republican pigs like myself will stay partisan at the bottom of the heap. Are Democrats all of a sudden going to lose their partisanship and become these magnanimous bi-partisan folks looking for losers like me in the minority like I'm Julia Roberts and you are Richard Gere?

WTF? LOL

And how did I end up being Richard Gere?

Work with me here people I'm not a film buff. Republicans are like the little prostitute low on the totum poll in the minority and Democrats will have all the power like Richard Gere. Fair enough, bad analogy.

But if Democrats are in control of the Presidency and Congress how will that end partisanship?

Work with me here people I'm not a film buff. Republicans are like the little prostitute low on the totum poll in the minority and Democrats will have all the power like Richard Gere. Fair enough, bad analogy.

But if Democrats are in control of the Presidency and Congress how will that end partisanship?

Make republicanism illegal ?
Or at least as much of a bad word as liberal ?

Oh wow, that was a bad analogy. Ok, here is how it will end the partisan wars that we have had since the 90’s. Democrats will be in the majority, and will be very happy. Republicans will be told to shut up.

See?

Back