McCain

Cancel7

Banned
Out by Labor Day?

My first choice for who I'd like to see this happening to, is Rudy...but all in good time.

WASHINGTON — John McCain's campaign, trailing top Republican rivals in money and polls, is undergoing a significant reorganization with staff cuts in every department, officials with knowledge of the shake-up said Monday.

Some 50 staffers or more are being let go, and senior aides will be subject to pay cuts as the Arizona senator's campaign bows to the reality of six months of subpar fundraising, these officials said.

They spoke on condition of anonymity because the plans have not been made public. An afternoon conference call was scheduled to announce the results of second-quarter fundraising.

Once considered the front-runner for the GOP nomination, McCain came in third in the money chase behind Mitt Romney and Rudy Giuliani, raising $13.6 million in the first three months of the year. He is struggling to reach that total in the second financial quarter, and wasn't expected to match it.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/huff-wires/20070702/mccain-campaign/

It is great! I was just checking my emails and thought I would drop in.
Now you know you are not going to stay away. You are retired now, and can do much as you please. You are feeling your oats, and feel that you don't have to post here. but the novelty will soon wear off and you will find you need this (us) just like I do. HEH HEH.

I predicted long ago, that the Old Fossil didn't stand a chance of becoming presidnet.

I even remember some NeoCon McCain-fans laughing at my prediction! :cool:

I predicted long ago, that the Old Fossil didn't stand a chance of becoming presidnet.

I even remember some NeoCon McCain-fans laughing at my prediction! :cool:

This is one down and one to go with my bet with my brother. He swore it was going to be Rudy or McCain, and said that I was "crazy" when I mentioned Fred Thompson.

500 bucks baby.

This is one down and one to go with my bet with my brother. He swore it was going to be Rudy or McCain, and said that I was "crazy" when I mentioned Fred Thompson.

500 bucks baby.

I never really thought McCain had all that much of a chance. There are definitely Republicans that like him but most of his support (in 2000 especially) were from Independents and even some Democrats. He has lost that "maverick" appeal with independents but did not gain the Republican base.

500 bucks baby.

Sweet! That 500 bucks is as good as in the bank. It's a matter of time before Rudy craters....IMO

:clink:

I never really thought McCain had all that much of a chance. There are definitely Republicans that like him but most of his support (in 2000 especially) were from Independents and even some Democrats. He has lost that "maverick" appeal with independents but did not gain the Republican base.

I agree, I have no idea why my brother was so convinced it HAD to be Rudy or McCain. He must have been watching too much tv.

Who are you leaning towards in the primaries?

A year ago, I was certainly one of those who was "positive" it would be McCain vs. Hillary.

I am quite shocked how quickly he tanked his campaign. He went from being a maverick in the party (which I liked) to a pandering sheep (which I gotta say... not so appealing).

"I don't think Rudybella is going to make it to the gate either."

Agreed. I am also beginning to doubt Hillary's chances. Which means I will be wrong twice in one year, which is WAY beyond my average. :)

I agree, I have no idea why my brother was so convinced it HAD to be Rudy or McCain. He must have been watching too much tv.

Who are you leaning towards in the primaries?

Right now, no one. I can honestly say if I was told I had to pick someone in the Republican primary today I would not know who to pick. Fred Thompson has appeal to me but I think that's just because he is an outsider right now. Once he gets in I'll probably feel the same about him as I do the others.

Thompson would make a bad President. I hope to hell someone comes out and runs that is not currently in the mix on the Rep side.... cause their current crop sucks.

The Dems aren't much better, though I do like Richardson.

Thompson would make a bad President. I hope to hell someone comes out and runs that is not currently in the mix on the Rep side.... cause their current crop sucks.

The Dems aren't much better, though I do like Richardson.
me too, for now, he's the only one. but on the Rep side, I stick with Hagel.

Lets run them both as a third party Add Bloomberg to the mix, and the finances are solid. we can run them as Pres, Veep, and Chief of Staff. (Put them in whatever order you wish)

Last edited:
Hmm . . .

Maybe what we need is another, different new party. How about the Federalist Upstanding Clean and Kosher Party, for example? FUCK would be manly, steadfast and very, very moral. FUCK could run McCain for President, and Lieberman for Vice President -- he'll bring in a lot of money from those people, you know.

They'd die a painful death but the Republican nominee, whoever they choose, wouldn't survive 6 weeks.

Back