Mcfossil ups anti with smart proposal

lots of americans will like not gas tax and other taxes lowered.
That fossil will say anything to get elected.

I think its great that someones talking bout lower taxes.. believe me I am all for it but we cant give tax cuts when we don't reduce spending... all that does is lower the value of the dollar and negate your tax cuts...

I suggest a 2/3 reduction in military spending.

Yep who needs infrastructure anyway.

I might have to exapnd my business to do front end alignments and suspension work as well :D

I think its great that someones talking bout lower taxes.. believe me I am all for it but we cant give tax cuts when we don't reduce spending... all that does is lower the value of the dollar and negate your tax cuts...

"""McCain, with the exception of military spending and veterans' benefits, called for a one-year freeze on the amount of money Congress allocates to discretionary programs. "'Discretionary spending' is a term people throw around a lot in Washington, while actual discretion is seldom exercised. Instead, every program comes with a built-in assumption that it should go on forever, and its budget increase forever. My administration will change that way of thinking," McCain said."""

Now I agree this is just political rhetoric but on issues of spending this is one area where I actually like John McCain and believe he might actually do something about.

I don't the buy the line of thinking that if our government spent any less money our way of life would fall apart; i.e. no roads, no schools etc.

"I don't the buy the line of thinking that if our government spent any less money our way of life would fall apart; i.e. no roads, no schools etc."

It's not so much no roads & no schools, as it is bad roads & schools that simply aren't as good. Even modest education cuts at the local level means whole programs getting cut.

Education is one area where McCain worries me. NCLB needs to go, and the standardized tests need to go. He is lukewarm on addressing it when he's been asked, and I don't think he understands the issues with education.

I don't think you fix education by dumping money into it, but you certainly don't by cutting or freezing current budgets. My problem with budget freezes are that they are basically mindless. Every area of the budget will react a different way to a freeze; some can tolerate it, and some will suffer greatly as a result. An indiscriminate across-the-board freeze is basically lazy. Show me where you can cut the budget, where you can make gov't more efficient, and where your priorities are when it comes to spending.

KY has about 6 new Vo Tech/ Community college buildings built under the Republican governor. But since he overspent trying to get re-elected now there is no money to operate those buildings. Chains and padlocks are cheap says the chairman of the votech system.
so now the state will be paying bonds and such on buildings they can't afford to use.

The freeze on discretionary spending is a first step in reducing costs.

No really, has anyone read that our infrastructure is falling apart? A bridge fell down last year, and there was a lot written about it then? Some don't "buy it"?

I wonder what they will be thinking as they take that last plunge? Is that what it will take?

Who needs stinking bridges ?

Potholes are good for business. They keep the tire and automotive repiar business going.

:clink:

Ponies for everyone!
And healthcare! And no more head injuries! No cancer too! We'll stop those smokers from polluting the public and going around without helmets!

Yeah, this from the increase spending by at least the war amount, call back the troops and magically we'll be in the flush of cash crowd.

No really, has anyone read that our infrastructure is falling apart? A bridge fell down last year, and there was a lot written about it then? Some don't "buy it"?

I wonder what they will be thinking as they take that last plunge? Is that what it will take?

A good portion of infrastructure money comes from state government not the federal government.

And healthcare! And no more head injuries! No cancer too! We'll stop those smokers from polluting the public and going around without helmets!

Yeah, this from the increase spending by at least the war amount, call back the troops and magically we'll be in the flush of cash crowd.

How did Stuporfreak get out of my IA folder?

A good portion of infrastructure money comes from state government not the federal government.

We can all list issues and come up with reasons for why the federal budget should not only grow but grow faster than it already is.

Cawacko, tell me all about it when you are falling off a bridge. There is a state of emergency in this nation's infrastructure and there is only one entity going to fix that.

But you don't think it'll ever happen to YOUR bridge, so you really don't care. AT least be honest.

Back