Mcfossil ups anti with smart proposal

His rhetoric screams deficit spending.

If over half of discretionary spending is increased (the military) and half stays the same, that is a net increase in discretionary spending while he proposes substantial tax cuts, in addition to the Bush tax cuts, that would cut revenue. Hence, deficit spending. He's trying to be coy about it though so the Superfreaks of the world can save face when they vote for him.

On the rhetoric perspective (which is all we have to go on right now) McCain is really the only one I've heard mentioning cutting spending at all.

All three have offered lavish spending proposals. No one has talked balancing the budget. If that is going to be the case I guess we will have to pick our poison.

add in the state taxes dungshit

Why? McCain is talking about suspending the federal gas tax, not state gas taxes. The federal gas tax is 18.4 cents. That's what we're talking about here. Nothing else.

And maybe you'd like to explain to me how the federal government has any authority to suspend state gas taxes. Constitutional scholars everywhere would surely like to know.

Moron.

Damo - Just giving topged community college a taste of his own medicine. I find it remarkable that someone can be so wrong about such simple matters while calling other people "morons." The Dunning-Kreuger effect is strong with this one.

Why? McCain is talking about suspending the federal gas tax, not state gas taxes. The federal gas tax is 18.4 cents. That's what we're talking about here. Nothing else.

And maybe you'd like to explain to me how the federal government has any authority to suspend state gas taxes. Constitutional scholars everywhere would surely like to know.

Moron.

Damo - Just giving topged community college a taste of his own medicine. I find it remarkable that someone can be so wrong about such simple matters while calling other people "morons." The Dunning-Kreuger effect is strong with this one.
I was joking. You do know that right?

On the rhetoric perspective (which is all we have to go on right now) McCain is really the only one I've heard mentioning cutting spending at all.

All three have offered lavish spending proposals. No one has talked balancing the budget. If that is going to be the case I guess we will have to pick our poison.

He hasn't mentioned cutting spending. He has mentioned freezing less than half of discretionary spending. The other more than half of the discretionary budget he has talked about increasing. That's a net increase in spending, not a cut.

Ad for the others and their lavish spending proposals, at least they tell you how they intend to pay for it. With McCain he pretends you can have it all without paying for it. It's nonsense.

I was joking. You do know that right?

Since your jokes aren't funny, the answer is "No".

Not everyone can be funny, but those who aren't should stop subjecting the rest of us to their painful attempts.

Now me...I'm the funniest person on this board. I think I even won that contest, didn't i? If not, I should have !

freezing spending on half the discretionary is 100x better than any turbo-lib can or will do dungshit.

He hasn't mentioned cutting spending. He has mentioned freezing less than half of discretionary spending. The other more than half of the discretionary budget he has talked about increasing. That's a net increase in spending, not a cut.

Ad for the others and their lavish spending proposals, at least they tell you how they intend to pay for it. With McCain he pretends you can have it all without paying for it. It's nonsense.

How have they said how they would pay for it? By letting the Bush tax cuts expire, that will pay for all their proposals?

freezing spending on half the discretionary is 100x better than any turbo-lib can or will do dungshit.

Right, on the non-military half.

That's against everything you claim to believe in, but you're on here backing it, why? Are you trying to get a date with Cawacko? All you have to do is buy him a bottle of Jack.

How have they said how they would pay for it? By letting the Bush tax cuts expire, that will pay for all their proposals?

The bush tax cuts for the top percentiles. You're only going to be rich Cawacko. It won't effect you. And I don't think anyone said it would pay "for it all".

Yeah, since all of the turbo-libs (myself included) routinely talking about cutting the more that half of the discretionary spending that the military gobbles up.

Dumbass.

I'm for a I'll do you one better on spending cuts.
Hopefully Obama says I'll match your freeze on discretionary and raise you a %20 cut in military invasion budgets.

Since your jokes aren't funny, the answer is "No".

Not everyone can be funny, but those who aren't should stop subjecting the rest of us to their painful attempts.

Now me...I'm the funniest person on this board. I think I even won that contest, didn't i? If not, I should have !
When does quoting Dungheap mean I was asking you a question?

I suppose Dung is going to answer this one....

;)

I'm for a I'll do you one better on spending cuts.
Hopefully Obama says I'll match your freeze on discretionary and raise you a %20 cut in military invasion budgets.

Hopefully Obama says, lets spend smartly, and invest in things like green technology and infrastructure repair that will create millions of good-paying jobs and widen the tax base. That's the kind of thinking that created the modern-day middle class in this country.

Cutting the military budget is another story. That won't go down without the fight of the century. But it should be slashed 50%.

The bush tax cuts for the top percentiles. You're only going to be rich Cawacko. It won't effect you. And I don't think anyone said it would pay "for it all".

This is what Dungheap said:

""And for the others and their lavish spending proposals, at least they tell you how they intend to pay for it."""

And it is definitely possible I've missed it but so far I haven't seen how these revenues would be raised any other way than the letting the tax cuts expire.

only a turbo-lib would argue against a temporary cut in the gas tax.
Duhh, they are collecting an extra 40 cents a gallon since the increase in oil price.
Nice job morons.
There is still a tax on fuel from the FIRST Gulf War that George the First said would ONLY be there to help pay for that war. The unfortunate thing is whenever our government creates a new tax they are sorely vexed to EVER remove it.

now that we are finally paying a fair price for oil, maybe they will get serious about a temporary suspension on the 18cent tax.

Obviously additional spending cuts need to be made. That will have to be addressed. His rheotric is on the right path though.

And why ponies? Ponies suck. Aren't ponies for girls?
The real problem is that the left will wring their hands in fear if we just reduce the increases that take place yearly. I remember when they were talking about cutting increases in spending in half and everyone called it a cut. An increase, even half as big as expected, is STILL and increase. The economy is not doing well folks. We have to tighten our belts and EVERY belt should be tightened. Not just military, not just social programs. Everything must be reduced. It is the way of things. When times get tough for a family they cut spending in areas of non-neccesity.

Back