Megachurch pastor gives up on Christianity in profanity-laced resignation

Guno צְבִי

We fight, We win
Missouri megachurch pastor Dave Gass stepped down from his position after 40 years and renounced his Christian faith, reported the Christian Post.

“After 40 years of being a devout follower, 20 of those being an evangelical pastor, I am walking away from the faith. Even though this has been a massive bomb drop in my life, it has been decades in the making,” he tweeted

He then added that the church was a place of abuse for him, and that church people are “sh*tty” people.

“The entire system is rife with abuse. And not just from the top down, sure there are abusive church leaders, but church leaders are abused by their congregants as well. Church people are just sh*tty to each other,” he tweeted.

https://www.alternet.org/2019/05/de...ail&utm_campaign=184&recip_id=68194&list_id=2

He explained how he was raised in a “hyper-fundamentalist” Christian home where Christianity “didn’t work. The promises were empty. The answers were lies.”

He's right (in my view) that there is no God to pray to, and I'm sure the church has plenty of scoundrels who are only there out of guilt, or who use the church as a profit-making vehicle, but I don't believe that characterizes everyone there. I'm sure there are plenty of very good and generous people who genuinely believe, and they simply wish to share their faith with like-minded people.

We all have to understand this is their right, and the USA has all kinds of people. Part of the freedom we enjoy means that we must allow others the right to exercise their own freedom, even if it is different from ours.

Took him 40 years to figure that out?

Missouri megachurch pastor Dave Gass stepped down from his position after 40 years and renounced his Christian faith, reported the Christian Post.

“After 40 years of being a devout follower, 20 of those being an evangelical pastor, I am walking away from the faith. Even though this has been a massive bomb drop in my life, it has been decades in the making,” he tweeted

He then added that the church was a place of abuse for him, and that church people are “sh*tty” people.

“The entire system is rife with abuse. And not just from the top down, sure there are abusive church leaders, but church leaders are abused by their congregants as well. Church people are just sh*tty to each other,” he tweeted.

https://www.alternet.org/2019/05/de...ail&utm_campaign=184&recip_id=68194&list_id=2

He explained how he was raised in a “hyper-fundamentalist” Christian home where Christianity “didn’t work. The promises were empty. The answers were lies.”

Maybe the Jews and Muslims will follow his lead.

If you love either jews or fags, you don't love God. These people spend their time denying what the Bible teaches. Dave Gass walked away from a false religion, not true Christianity.

His wife was probably a frigid bitch. And, these days you can't beat a wife who deserves to be beaten.

If you love either jews or fags, you don't love God. These people spend their time denying what the Bible teaches. Dave Gass walked away from a false religion, not true Christianity.

You wanna show us where the Bible says not to love people? Of course not, because you've never read a Bible.

Gee, another left wing loon posing as a "conservative". How original.

Back