Megachurch pastor gives up on Christianity in profanity-laced resignation

Jesus is not a Jew. He is the Son of God, who just happened to have Jewish parents for His earthly existence.

Jesus was Jewish during His earthly sojourn, and even answered to the title of Rabbi. To say He "just happened to have Jewish parents", is disingenuous in the EXTREME. Do you think God "accidentally" chose Mary? C'mon man, don't be ridiculous.

You wanna show us where the Bible says not to love people? Of course not, because you've never read a Bible.

Gee, another left wing loon posing as a "conservative". How original.

God says he hates fags, as the media use to love showing signs of Westborough giving chapter and verse. Jesus told the Jews there were the children of Satan, which shows hatred of Jews. So, go read the Bible.

The point is, this guy followed some wimpy and false Christianity that left him with a choice of 1) Being a brainless Christian who doesn't see the glaring fakeness of his version of Christianity, 2) Being a nominal Christian and not caring about what is true, or 3) leaving his pathetic excuse for faith. He chose option 3.

Hatred of what deserves hatred keeps faith strong.

Sooo, this pastor cheated on his wife for a year, got caught, then claims he did everything right in his marriage. I don't think the problem is with "shitty Christians".

God says he hates fags, as the media use to love showing signs of Westborough giving chapter and verse. Jesus told the Jews there were the children of Satan, which shows hatred of Jews. So, go read the Bible.

The point is, this guy followed some wimpy and false Christianity that left him with a choice of 1) Being a brainless Christian who doesn't see the glaring fakeness of his version of Christianity, 2) Being a nominal Christian and not caring about what is true, or 3) leaving his pathetic excuse for faith. He chose option 3.

Hatred of what deserves hatred keeps faith strong.

Show us the chapter and verse where God says He "hates fags". You can't, it doesn't exist. You suck at playing a fake conservative lefty.

Sooo, this pastor cheated on his wife for a year, got caught, then claims he did everything right in his marriage. I don't think the problem is with "shitty Christians".

Yep. Given his wife was a frigid bitch, he had to go outside of his marriage for enjoyable female companionship. After being caught, he had a choice of ending the affair (no way!) or ending his claim of faith which made him sinner (his job as pastor was history). He could have just divorced his wife and marry the other woman, while shifting his theology to the left, but he pastor job was gone anyway, and he would still have looked like a low-down sinner to everyone he had known him. And, maybe he didn't want to marry this other woman (once burned), and shacking up looks bad even for libby Christians.

Yep. Given his wife was a frigid bitch, he had to go outside of his marriage for enjoyable female companionship. After being caught, he had a choice of ending the affair (no way!) or ending his claim of faith which made him sinner (his job as pastor was history). He could have just divorced his wife and marry the other woman, while shifting his theology to the left, but he pastor job was gone anyway, and he would still have looked like a low-down sinner to everyone he had known him. And, maybe he didn't want to marry this other woman (once burned), and shacking up looks bad even for libby Christians.

You're just making shit up Lefty. You know nothing about his wife.

Missouri megachurch pastor Dave Gass stepped down from his position after 40 years and renounced his Christian faith, reported the Christian Post.

“After 40 years of being a devout follower, 20 of those being an evangelical pastor, I am walking away from the faith. Even though this has been a massive bomb drop in my life, it has been decades in the making,” he tweeted

He then added that the church was a place of abuse for him, and that church people are “sh*tty” people.

“The entire system is rife with abuse. And not just from the top down, sure there are abusive church leaders, but church leaders are abused by their congregants as well. Church people are just sh*tty to each other,” he tweeted.

From the article: "As an adult my marriage was a sham and a constant source of pain for me. I did everything I was supposed to – marriage workshops, counseling, Bible reading together, date nights every week, marriage books – but my marriage never became what I was promised it would be,” he said."

Hmm. I see a problem here. Maybe wives don't WANT Bible reading together, workshops, counseling, "marriage books." Maybe we want passion, friendship, partnership, fidelity, love. Maybe Jesus wants a spokesperson who isn't in it for the $$ but wants the same thing as wife?

Jesus was Jewish during His earthly sojourn, and even answered to the title of Rabbi. To say He "just happened to have Jewish parents", is disingenuous in the EXTREME. Do you think God "accidentally" chose Mary? C'mon man, don't be ridiculous.

Just shows,the antisemitic leanings of whoever gave him religious education!

What is disingenuous to the EXTREME is claiming or thinking anyone called a Jew is of the same religion as the next person called a Jew. Jesus was raised in a priestly faith and revealed himself to be Christian. You think (literally) cocksucking "rabbis" who have no priets and who will have nothing to do with Jesus is the same as Jesus.

And his mother?Was Jewish!
By Jewish law,if you're mother is Jewish,you're Jewish!

What makes you think that the Creator of the universe is subject to Jewish law? He is above the law. He is the Alpha and Omega. The beginning and the end.

And his mother?Was Jewish!
By Jewish law,if you're mother is Jewish,you're Jewish!

No, you fcking moron, jewish doctrine is that you're jewish, if born to a jewish mother, as long as you don't convert to another religion. And, another simple point you fcktards are too fcking stupid to process is that jewishness is a religion, and not everyone called Jew is if the same religion, which is why those fcktards who call Jesus a Jew are so damn stupid.

No, you fcking moron, jewish doctrine is that you're jewish, if born to a jewish mother, as long as you don't convert to another religion. And, another simple point you fcktards are too fcking stupid to process is that jewishness is a religion, and not everyone called Jew is if the same religion, which is why those fcktards who call Jesus a Jew are so damn stupid.

Jesus was a Jew!
FYI if you're born a Jew,you can change your religion,but you can't stop being a Jew!

Back