Michigan and Florida News

I already am the one who said this was a very close race, and that’s why I think this bullshit against Clinton supporters is fucking crazy man. I really do. I totally see their view point on this.
I agree with you. Freaky, but I do.

Well that's the most absurd thing I've ever heard! Playing by the rules, Obama is still winning the popular vote even though his 10 or so caucus states don't even count! Hillary makes a big deal about all votes counting but doesn't want caucus votes to count! Either she is for the rules or she isn't. She can't have it both ways! If she's for the rules then Obama won fair and square. If she isn't then she beats him in the popular vote. But if the rules don't count then why not count the votes in the caucus states? Hey, we aren't playing by the rules so I don't see anything unfair about that. I bet that if the caucus states were counted then Obama would still beat Hillary in the popular vote even when his name wasn't on the ballot in MI. I hear that 600,000 more votes would go to Obama but I'm not sure about that.

According to Hillary, we shouldn't play by the rules when it comes to Florida and Michigan but we should play by the rules when it comes to caucus states. Complete hypocrisy!

Last edited:
Well that's the most absurd thing I've ever heard! Playing by the rules, Obama is still winning the popular vote even though his 10 or so caucus states don't even count in that platform! Hillary makes a big deal about all votes counting but doesn't want caucus votes to count! Either she is for the rules or she isn't. She can't have it both ways! If she's for the rules then Obama won fair and square. If she isn't then she beats him the popular vote. But if the rules don't count then why not count the votes in the caucus states? Hey, we aren't playing by the rules so I don't see anything unfair about that. I bet that if the caucus states were counted then Obama would still beat Hillary in the popular vote even when his name wasn't on the ballot in MI. I hear that 600,000 more votes would go to Obama but I'm not sure about that.

According to Hillary, we shouldn't play by the rules when it comes to Florida and Michigan but we should play by the rules when it comes to caucus states. Complete hypocrisy!

Of course it's complete hypocrisy, as well as claiming the need for "democracy" in Florida and Michigan when in fact, when the DNC Rules Committee voted to strip Florida and Michigan of its delegates, the Clinton delegates on the committee backed those sanctions. All 12 Clinton supporters on the committee supported the penalties.

The only member of the committee to vote against them was an Obama supporter from Florida.

Clinton strategist and delegate member, Harold Ickes said, "This committee feels very strongly that the rules ought to be enforced."

Clinton's campaign manager, Patty Solis Doyle said, "We believe Iowa, New Hampshire, Nevada and South Carolina play a unique and special role in the nominating process. And we believe the DNC's rules and its calendar provide the necessary structure to respect and honor that role. Thus, we will be signing the pledge to adhere to the DNC-approved nominating calendar."

Not a single Clinton campaign official or DNC Rules Committee member, OR Clinton herself herself, said at the time that the sanctions imposed on Florida or Michigan were in any way an affront to democratic values.

This is bullshit, and now the Clinton supporters are being comforted by republicans and the right-wing.

How incredibly ignorant.

It wouldn't be the first time the Democratic Party has shot itself in the foot. While its not on a national scale, the Democratic Party in Alabama screwed up a total stronghold. It was basically a one party state until 1986, when Charles Graddick had won the Dem nomination by a few thousand votes. They ignored the voters and put Bill Baxley in as the nominee. The result was the first republican gov. since Reconstruction. Guy Hunt was a joke, but since he was the only choice besides the deomcrats he was elected.

I am a big admirer of Bill Baxley, but Graddick won the nomination.

It wouldn't be the first time the Democratic Party has shot itself in the foot. While its not on a national scale, the Democratic Party in Alabama screwed up a total stronghold. It was basically a one party state until 1986, when Charles Graddick had won the Dem nomination by a few thousand votes. They ignored the voters and put Bill Baxley in as the nominee. The result was the first republican gov. since Reconstruction. Guy Hunt was a joke, but since he was the only choice besides the deomcrats he was elected.

I am a big admirer of Bill Baxley, but Graddick won the nomination.

It wouldn't be the 50th time the Democratic party shot itself in the foot. It's a freaking art-form for them.

It wouldn't be the 50th time the Democratic party shot itself in the foot. It's a freaking art-form for them.

Yes, but I am a fan of Bill Baxley. Not much of a fan of Hillary.

Bill Baxley holds a special place in Alabama history. He managed to convict Robert Chambliss for the 16th Street church bombing. The bombing happened in 1963. Baxley graduated from law school a year later. When he was elected Attorney General, he went after Chambliss with a fury. The FBI had tapes of interviews and evidence that J. Edgar Hoover refused to release to Baxley. Baxley got the conviction anyway.

But my fav thing about him was his response to being called "an honorary nigger" by the KKK. They also compared him to JFK and wished him dead.

Bill's response, on official state letterhead, contained only: "My response to your letter of February 19, 1976, is - kiss my ass. Sincerely, Bill Baxley, Attorney General"

Back