Minimum Wage 1968=$1.60. With grown and distribution it would be $21.16 today?

Anti-Party

Tea Is The New Kool-Aid
Minimum Wage 1968=$1.60. With grown and distribution it would be $21.16 today.

I realize that growth and distribution could be argued about and there might be a different figure in mind, but math like this isn't ever far from the truth. It's probably stretched top side.

I did the homework on the source because homework isn't the Right's strong point. It was done by LeeCamp. I almost wrote it off until I watched a YouTube video of him. He's a smart dude and I think nearly everyone here could learn something by watching this. I plan to watch more.

I can't wait to see Right Wingers try to disprove the source (probably as comedy) instead of disproving the numbers, which is very typical.

It sounded just as expected: a comedian attempting economics guided by wealth envy and a jejune understanding of the Robber Barrons, which comes from wealth envy as well.

Does anyone have any old videos of Milton Freedman doing stand up comedy?

Minimum Wage 1968=$1.60. With grown and distribution it would be $21.16 today.

I realize that growth and distribution could be argued about and there might be a different figure in mind, but math like this isn't ever far from the truth. It's probably stretched top side.

I did the homework on the source because homework isn't the Right's strong point. It was done by LeeCamp. I almost wrote it off until I watched a YouTube video of him. He's a smart dude and I think nearly everyone here could learn something by watching this. I plan to watch more.

And eggs would be $7.00 a dz, bread would be 2.99 a loaf, gas would be 4.50 a gal, and milk would be $14.15 a gallon.

It sounded just as expected: a comedian attempting economics guided by wealth envy and a jejune understanding of the Robber Barrons, which comes from wealth envy as well.

As predicted, the morons would write it off as comedy when the only comedy is the people that don't understand politics.

I have some old Dr. Seuss videos if you need them, this is a VERY old topic. Profit over humanity.

Also as predicted, you didn't address the numbers at all.

It's so easy.

And eggs would be $7.00 a dz, bread would be 2.99 a loaf, gas would be 4.50 a gal, and milk would be $14.15 a gallon.

Your math is idiotic but you don't seem to understand what people could afford if they were paid a living wage. Left wing economics wins Right all day kid. The more money the Consumer has, the better off the owner is. Outsourcing, price gouging and wage/benefit stripping is today's movement. We will only be stupid for so long. Even you!

Kids, we are the worlds biggest provider and the biggest consumer. Most of our profit comes from us because we consume everything. (this isn't true but lets go with it since most of you turds don't know about the petrodollar)

If our consumers, the biggest consumers, don't have money to consume then what will happen to businesses?

This has been brought up time and time again. You kids don't know because your focus is on the individual when the Lefts focus is on a whole Country.

Basically, "why shouldn't I be 4932 Billion rich if I worked for it" as if actual work can make you that rich. Only manipulation of the system, greed and ignorance of the people can make you that rich.

Your math is idiotic but you don't seem to understand what people could afford if they were paid a living wage. Left wing economics wins Right all day kid. The more money the Consumer has, the better off the owner is. Outsourcing, price gouging and wage/benefit stripping is today's movement. We will only be stupid for so long. Even you!

How is my math idiotic; or is it that you just don't want to accept the fact that when you pay people more, you need to make the difference up somehow and that's usually by raising your prices.

Since you're so educated on how a business should be run, why don't you get some more liberals to put up their money and start up a retail store?
You could pay the workers, what you consider the should be making and see how long you survive.

How is my math idiotic; or is it that you just don't want to accept the fact that when you pay people more, you need to make the difference up somehow and that's usually by raising your prices.

Your math is idiotic because it’s exactly the same math the idiot AP used. You are absolutely correct. According to AP’s math chocolate chip cookies today would be $40.00 a dozen.

Since you're so educated on how a business should be run, why don't you get some more liberals to put up their money and start up a retail store?
You could pay the workers, what you consider the should be making and see how long you survive.

The truthful answer to that one is, he thinks he has it made now because he gets to be a couch potato living off of the sweat of his wife’s brow and sucking the government’s tit. He not only wouldn’t know how to run a business, he’s wouldn’t last a day working for a business.

most of you turds don't know about the petrodollar.

You keep telling us about all the things we don’t know and how we need educating, but for some reason you never bother to educate us with your godly knowledge and wisdom. Please tell us all about the ”petrodollar” so we can be educated, Goober moron.

If our consumers, the biggest consumers, don't have money to consume then what will happen to businesses?

Well Goober according to your fellow leftist business is doing fine. They’re raping the minions and stockpiling billions of greedy dollars while they pay workers next to nothing. Your concern about business seems misplaced Goober.

if they were paid a living wage

aren't most people working for a living paid a living wage?......almost every one who isn't is either working for some extra cash while going to school, or lacks the skills necessary to earn a living, or lives somewhere that there are simply no jobs available.....

do shareholders consume?.....

Your methodology would be accurate if the increased labor costs were not passed on to the consumer. The dynamics of increasing wages to an artificial level: fewer jobs and increased prices to the consumer. Fewer people in the labor force to purchase consumer goods that will have a higher price, which will drive down consumption. The economy as a whole operates like an ecosystem.

Last edited:
Your math is idiotic because it’s exactly the same math the idiot AP used. You are absolutely correct. According to AP’s math chocolate chip cookies today would be $40.00 a dozen.

The truthful answer to that one is, he thinks he has it made now because he gets to be a couch potato living off of the sweat of his wife’s brow and sucking the government’s tit. He not only wouldn’t know how to run a business, he’s wouldn’t last a day working for a business.

He'd last at two days.
The one when he opened and then when he closed.

The math uses the same methodology used by the AP to create the artificial $21 figure you propound.

aren't most people working for a living paid a living wage?......almost every one who isn't is either working for some extra cash while going to school, or lacks the skills necessary to earn a living, or lives somewhere that there are simply no jobs available.....

You're working off an old paradigm from around the 1960s.

I don't know if Milty did stand-of but his book Capitalism and Freedom (1962) had me in stitches when I read it! If he didn't use it in a stand-up routine he missed out, because parts of it certainly should have been, could have been, and probably would still have an educated audience in stitches.

Well child, it's because your numbers were all over the place. Some items were cheaper in my area than you posted and others are way more expensive.

So your point is scrambled.

This idiot is even worse at the failed math. "YOu were wrong, so I have to double down". There is no *standard* in that math idiots.....

After this post I'm wondering why I'm spending time on this website. These kids have to know what they are doing.

He'd last at two days.
The one when he opened and then when he closed.

You are extremely stupid about "He'd" because this post isn't about me. It's about what our labor is worth moron.
It's about the Right doing everything it can to sell labor as a useless tool in business.
It's about the Left trying to expose that labor is critical in business.

The Left wins this one.

You CAN however treat your workers like they are a part of the team that made you successful. If that sounds outlandish to you, then you are.....................exactly who I'm talking to :)

Back