Mom forced to live in car with dogs

Doesn't that poor woman have a degree ?

It could be worse though, she could be having to sleep with a republican. Dogs are much better.

Where are her kids when she nees them? Why can't she move to a place where the cost of living is cheaper? This is indeed a sad situation....and I think an indication of where some are going to wind up as it gets tougher and tougher on the lower middle class.

Absolutely. I have taken in more than one relative and friend in my life......none of them as close to me as my mom or dad.

What happened to her kids? I would never let my mother sleep on the streets.

That's the first thing I thought about too.

But then, its horrible what happened to her, but at the same time, wouldn't you eventually get the idea that you can't afford to live in Santa Barbara anymore and perhaps you should think about renting an apartment and/or condo with someone else so that you can afford to at least live in a house with your $8/hr job?

That's the first thing I thought about too.

But then, its horrible what happened to her, but at the same time, wouldn't you eventually get the idea that you can't afford to live in Santa Barbara anymore and perhaps you should think about renting an apartment and/or condo with someone else so that you can afford to at least live in a house with your $8/hr job?
Roommates... I know I would begin thinking that about that time.

we have welfare, unemployment and food stamps your right this shouldn't happen. Maybe she is senile and has no family to help her get the gov cheese.

we have welfare, unemployment and food stamps your right this shouldn't happen. Maybe she is senile and has no family to help her get the gov cheese.

I wonder what the income limits of welfare are. I've heard about people who "make too much" being ineligible.

Where are her kids when she nees them? Why can't she move to a place where the cost of living is cheaper? This is indeed a sad situation....and I think an indication of where some are going to wind up as it gets tougher and tougher on the lower middle class.

Those were my questions as well. She has three grown kids. One is 19 so probably not much help... but what of the other two.

Also... why the hell does she continue to stay in the Santa Barbara area? Totally agree that she should look to move to a lower cost of living area.

Back