Mom forced to live in car with dogs

I dont think she would be homeless if she had been given a house.

My family lost their house because my fahters business failed. This is how my youngest brother left home. The had to leave the property he had been in about ten years of his life and he moved in with my sister. who was living in that big victorian house I used to rent out rooms to people in college. She moved in with me when she left home. I then married my hubby and we moved to Ontario. These kids did not tell me about my Mom and Dad because they felt sorry for me always taking care of everyone. I think they also were not really sure where my parents went. My parents ended up at their house and I had them move in with me. I didnt want these kids who were finally free to have to have my parents in their house. Life is not always clear cut and when you are really down like this you feel the weight of the world on you. Those hwo have never been so down sometimes dont realize just how depressing it is. You feel as though the world wants you to lay down and die. People are emotional beings too folks. My parents fought their way out and saved money and got a job as appartment managers and things got much better. It softened my Dad and solidified my family to some extent. People sometimes just need help folks. If my parents had not had a Desh in the family( as usc family had him ) things could have turned out worse.

Have a heart folks.

Like my story illustrates you do not KNOW their conditions or knowledge of the situation.
Again, in this case they do.

The youngest clearly knows and it is preposterous to assume that she doesn't call her siblings.

We are talking about his case where we know she has 3 grown children and they know about her situation.

Read the story. You post videos and expect people to read "all of the article" before posting on at least one of your threads. Stop excusing her children and read the article. Your objections were already dealt with in the original article.

What if one is in Iraq and the other is in a college on scholorship?
What if you are attempting to make more excuses? Give it a rest, Desh. There are myriad ways this woman could have avoided this. Not the least of which is moving to a cheaper area, roommates, calling her kids, etc. Listening to the ads on the radio telling her all about how she needs to get food stamps because she is eligible.... a first step.

You know what I see on this thread? The same kind of psychology at work that causes prosecutors to prefer male jurors to female jurors on rape cases. The human mind working to figure out a way why it’s the victim’s fault, so that they can protect themselves from the thought “there but for the grace of God (and here I would replace the word God, with the word luck) go I”.

You know what I see on this thread? The same kind of psychology at work that causes prosecutors to prefer male jurors to female jurors on rape cases. The human mind working to figure out a way why it’s the victim’s fault, so that they can protect themselves from the thought “there but for the grace of God (and here I would replace the word God, with the word luck) go I”.
She isn't a "victim" in this case. She has a job, could have helped her own situation myriad ways but expects us to pretend that there was nothing she could do so we can think more like women? BS.

There are winners and losers in capitalism. Without losers, you couldn’t have capitalism. She is one of the losers.

But that very simple thought, is incomprehensible and of course, anti-American, to so many on this thread. Better to beat up on Desh, as you become more and more, enraged.

There are winners and losers in capitalism. Without losers, you couldn’t have capitalism. She is one of the losers.

But that very simple thought, is incomprehensible and of course, anti-American, to so many on this thread. Better to beat up on Desh, as you become more and more, enraged.
When did I say she was a "winner"? And there are only "losers and winners" when you assume a zero sum game.

People have come up with about 20 solutions for her problem. All you see is that the solutions are not from the government so they are "heartless".

Yes it does say it pains her children.

Now if it pains them they probably care. Which to me means they probably cant help her because of their own situations.

Yes it does say it pains her children.

Now if it pains them they probably care. Which to me means they probably cant help her because of their own situations.
It says it pains one of her kids. Please pay attention.

It also says she has a job, knows she can't afford it, but chooses to live in one of the most expensive places in the nation, without roommates...

It's another chapter in her life that she's certain she'll get through, even though she said she knows it pains her children. Her 19-year-old daughter moved in with friends to avoid being homeless.

It's another chapter in her life that she's certain she'll get through, even though she said she knows it pains her children. Her 19-year-old daughter moved in with friends to avoid being homeless.
Her daughter is smart enough to understand the concept of roommates... Interesting.

True that it does say "children" but only mentions the living conditions of one of them. I wonder what happened to the other two and what they are doing? Why it "pains" them but they do nothing for her?

I'll bet her kids can even use a computer to search for other roommates...

But heck I'm "heartless" for coming up with immediate solutions!

You want a fifty year old lady with two dogs as a room mate? If I lived in that city I probably would have asked her.

I will bet she has a room right now. The coverage pobably did it. Beach town people are a little softer hearted than other people in my experience.

You see I just think its time for us to be a little kinder to each other. Yeah there are idiots in this world but some people are redeemable and desreve a chance to get it right. This lady and her kids are not criminals they are just people without as many assests as me and you.

I'll bet her kids can even use a computer to search for other roommates...

But heck I'm "heartless" for coming up with immediate solutions!

Or if her kids are not capable of assisting her with a computer search, she could go to a public library and do the search herself.

Bottom line though... you and I simply want to side with rapists and blame victims and you know it.

:rolleyes:

Back