Mom forced to live in car with dogs

Well I am off to a REALLY cool CLE at the US Attorney's office that deals with GITMO. If there is anything worth talking about I will tell you

What happened to her kids? I would never let my mother sleep on the streets.

Perhaps she doesn't get along with her kids, or perhaps she doesn't want to burden them .. neither of which is an anomaly in todays America.

There are going to be a lot of stories just like this ... and worse.

Yeah, I'll just call up some random guy I knew from 10 years ago and ask him to be my roomate. That's easy.

You're such a retard its amazing Damo.

Part of being in college is rooming with a total stranger. If you're other option is to be homeless, I don't see how this is even a question. She doesn't have kids, she's single, and she's able to work.
I have to admit, at first my heart strings were pulled but then based on the article, she's an idiot. And I'd be willing to put $100 on the fact that if you dug a little deeper and asked her questions, she made some pretty dumb decisions.

Part of being in college is rooming with a total stranger. If you're other option is to be homeless, I don't see how this is even a question. She doesn't have kids, she's single, and she's able to work.
I have to admit, at first my heart strings were pulled but then based on the article, she's an idiot. And I'd be willing to put $100 on the fact that if you dug a little deeper and asked her questions, she made some pretty dumb decisions.

from the article...

she was paying two-thirds of her income toward rent. Right there was her first mistake. Anyone who is paying more than a third of their income (and that is pushing it) towards rent or a mortgage is living beyond their means. You either need to find a cheaper place within the city you live in or you need to move somewhere that has a lower cost of living.

from the article...

she was paying two-thirds of her income toward rent. Right there was her first mistake. Anyone who is paying more than a third of their income (and that is pushing it) towards rent or a mortgage is living beyond their means. You either need to find a cheaper place within the city you live in or you need to move somewhere that has a lower cost of living.

Or get rid of the McMansion.

Yeah, I'll just call up some random guy I knew from 10 years ago and ask him to be my roomate. That's easy.

You're such a retard its amazing Damo.
Dude, there are these things called websites on the interwebs where you can seek roommates, even places that do background checks on the people who are seeking and who are listed.

Why do you do this and make a fool of yourself every time? You should learn from the past.

There also is the concept of moving to areas of CA that don't cost as much.

Perhaps she doesn't get along with her kids, or perhaps she doesn't want to burden them .. neither of which is an anomaly in todays America.

There are going to be a lot of stories just like this ... and worse.
Not according to the story.

Perhaps you are making excuses for their action, or perhaps you haven't read the thread before you started posting, you'll note that we came up with some solutions even for some of the "stories just like this" that may work.

she has two dogs.

Many roomates live in appartments that dont take dogs.

People dont have to be perfect to allow you to feel sympathetic towards them.

she has two dogs.

And many do. Again, just excuses.

Who said we feel no sympathy? If we didn't we wouldn't be putting ourselves in her shoes and coming up with different solutions.

she has two dogs.

Well, if her dogs are going to stop her from having a roof over her head then she's a fucking idiot and I wouldn't give her a dime in aid.

Well, if her dogs are going to stop her from having a roof over her head then she's a fucking idiot and I wouldn't give her a dime in aid.

I must admit I'm a big fan of LadyT's sometimes. She can keep it real. Case in point above.

Ok then maybe you should be a cat person. I could never give up my dog. I would sleep in a car for a year to keep my dog. I would even allow you to call me a fucking idiot and not give me a dime. My dog is one of the most wonderful people I have ever known. Yeah she shits outside ,has bad breath, farts and draggs her ass acrossed the grass but she is better company than most people I have met. so:321::eek::p

Back