Mom forced to live in car with dogs

The kid just graduated Tia. It was then that the lady went homeless.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santa_Barbara,_CA

Have you guys ever been to Santa Barbra? Its fricking beautiful. She may have been raised there and thinks of it as home. She would have to move pretty damn far from this place to find a city which she could afford.

Big friggin deal. Is it better to stay "home" and be homeless? Than move somewhere where you can afford to live?

And her kids are young...

Had her last kid about 49 ?

I see where you're going with this. And I think you're probably right. I wouldn't be suprised to find out her ther kids were in their 30s and/or 40s.

The article did leave that out.

Because she mistakenly believes that excusing the stupidity of others is "compassion".

Well that is a common trait among Dems.... once someone is down, create 1001 excuses for why they should remain down. Then create government programs to keep them down and tell people like this woman that it isn't her fault.... it is those evil corporations fault.

:rolleyes:

"Her other children live overseas, and she didn't want to tell them about her living status."

I never noticed this part.

The kid just graduated Tia. It was then that the lady went homeless.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santa_Barbara,_CA

Have you guys ever been to Santa Barbra? Its fricking beautiful. She may have been raised there and thinks of it as home. She would have to move pretty damn far from this place to find a city which she could afford.

yes. we went wine tasting there. Its absolutely gorgeous.

And you know where we stayed? The Holiday Inn because we couldn't afford the Hilton.

All 4 of us split a room for two nights. Because that's what we had enough $ to do.

Well that is a common trait among Dems.... once someone is down, create 1001 excuses for why they should remain down. Then create government programs to keep them down and tell people like this woman that it isn't her fault.... it is those evil corporations fault.

Settledown.

No you want to assume she has done something to deserved to be homeless so you can rationalize not careing about these people.

I am merely giving ideas of the conditions that put her here.

I have found people often assume alot about people who are in dire straights out of fear. They dont want to think it can ever happen to them. Blaming the person in a tight spot makes you feel safer.

"Her other children live overseas, and she didn't want to tell them about her living status."

I never noticed this part.
And? Just more reason to know that she didn't even attempt to exhaust options.

The reality is living in an apartment even if it isn't "home" is better than living in your car. You can always return when your situation improves, but to continue on this path for no reason other than the ones you have given? Rubbish. Total rubbish.

No you want to assume she has done something to deserved to be homeless so you can rationalize not careing about these people.

I have found people often assume alot about people who are in dire straights out of fear. They dont want to think it can ever happen to them. Blaming the person in a tight spot makes you feel safer.
Those "conditions" are excuses. We have given ways she could have improved her situation instead of attempting to gain my sympathy with shoddy and easily seen through excuses.

She was laid off Damo.

Do you realize how far she would have to move to find a place she could afford on her income?

Those "conditions" are excuses. We have given ways she could have improved her situation instead of attempting to gain my sympathy with shoddy and easily seen through excuses.

all the options you have mentioned may not be available to her.

Bullshit desh. I pointed out that she was living beyond her means. Once she lost her job that blew up on her because of it. That doesn't mean she deserves to be homeless.

We have even pointed out numerous ways for her to resolve her situation. The primary factor... leaving one of the highest cost of living environments in the US. She CANNOT afford to live there. You on the other hand continue to lob one bogus excuse after another as to why she "can't" solve her problem.

The funniest part of your post above is this.... "I have found people often assume alot about people who are in dire straights "

Honestly, I couldn't stop laughing. Because ALL you have done on this thread is assume one excuse after another is the reason she cannot change her situation.

No. That's not it. You put yourself in their shoes. You're very nice and its always good to give people the benefit of doubt but you also have to acknowledge what they did to put themselves there and aspire not to make those same mistakes.

I have to admit, as I get old my tolerance for stupidity in adults is shrinking exponentially (sp?). And some idiot who insists on living in Santa Barbara while she goes into bankruptcy gets very little sympathy from me. I'd like to see us focus on caring for those who get into situations that are beyond their control.

all the options you have mentioned may not be available to her.
"All" of them don't have to be. Many of them were, regardless of your excuses. Including moving. Even if it is "far".

The first thing that I do is put myself in her shoes, what would I do? Then I start to offer solutions based on what I would do.

It isn't cruelty to point out that she had options, and still does. It is reality.

She was laid off Damo.

Do you realize how far she would have to move to find a place she could afford on her income?

actually one quick online search turned up rooms for under $600. Its not ideal, but then again, she's not in an ideal situation. you can afford $600 in rent making $8/hr, with a car, and SS.

actually one quick online search turned up rooms for under $600. Its not ideal, but then again, she's not in an ideal situation. you can afford $600 in rent making $8/hr, with a car, and SS.

True, but that wasn't beach front property. How could you ask her to live away from the beach? It helps her sleep better at night.

And? Just more reason to know that she didn't even attempt to exhaust options.

The reality is living in an apartment even if it isn't "home" is better than living in your car. You can always return when your situation improves, but to continue on this path for no reason other than the ones you have given? Rubbish. Total rubbish.

uh oh.

Damo's breakin' out the R word. All he** is about to break loose.

Back