Monica Lewinsky Asks Bill Clinton....

8my4zb.jpg

Yawn.

Almost every defendant that was found not guilty at trial.

Like OJ Simpson? Those people were not found not guilty because the act they were being charged with was not a crime, but because the prosecutor could not convince the jury beyond a reasonable doubt that the defendant did meet all the elements of the crime.

You are confusing being found not guilty with being charged with an act that is not a crime. An act that is not a crime is not going to get through the grand jury.

Like OJ Simpson? Those people were not found not guilty because the act they were being charged with was not a crime, but because the prosecutor could not convince the jury beyond a reasonable doubt that the defendant did meet all the elements of the crime.

You are confusing being found not guilty with being charged with an act that is not a crime. An act that is not a crime is not going to get through the grand jury.
So we don't need trials if a person is indicted by the grand jury.

:facepalm:

FEC said no such thing.
They did when they refused to prosecute. Bradley Smith who ran the FEC for 6 years and was appointed by Clinton said it wasn't a FEC violation. The FEC has an obligation to prosecute crime.

Smith became a recurring witness before congressional panels on election matters. He was nominated to a six-year term on the FEC on February 9, 2000, by then-President Bill Clinton, and confirmed to the post by the United States Senate. By this time, Smith was considered a leading expert on campaign finance in the United States,[11] with his writings on campaign finance and election issues having appeared in academic publications in addition to the Yale Law Journal, including the University of Pennsylvania Law Review and the Harvard Journal of Legislation.[12] The Brennan Center for Justice, a harsh critic of Smith's work, nevertheless recognized him as "the most sought after witness" to make the case for deregulation of campaign finance before congressional committees
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bradley_Smith_(law_professor)

Could the alt right posters be thinking of John Edwards? He did pay hush money, and was prosecuted for it.

I could be wrong but I think the final figure was $800,000

It really was not. Clinton never paid Lewinsky $800,000 or even $1. Lewinsky walked away with nothing.

I am really trying to find anyone that Clinton paid hush money to, and cannot.

It was $810,000 and free toothpaste and mouthwash for the rest of her life.

Nor was it $810,000.

Could the alt right posters be thinking of John Edwards? He did pay hush money, and was prosecuted for it.

It really was not. Clinton never paid Lewinsky $800,000 or even $1. Lewinsky walked away with nothing.

I am really trying to find anyone that Clinton paid hush money to, and cannot.

Nor was it $810,000.

It was $810,000.69 Walter.

Back