More Moveon Lefty Morons

Because BS was the first. The idiots in DC thought they could stem the tide and boost confidence to give the others time to recover. Goodbye Lehman. bye bye Merrill.

If anyone has annuities with AIG... look into your 1035 options... now.

It is unlikely that the Fed bails anyone else out.

This is going to be bloody.

Hey, are you going to be OK?

Because BS was the first. The idiots in DC thought they could stem the tide and boost confidence to give the others time to recover. Goodbye Lehman. bye bye Merrill.

If anyone has annuities with AIG... look into your 1035 options... now.

It is unlikely that the Fed bails anyone else out.

This is going to be bloody.

ING all the way!

Krugman said the Fed used HALF their balance sheet on the Stearns bailout Soc. What did they use on the Fanny Mae Freddy Mac takeover? I think they don’t have many of these bailouts left in them, maybe one more, maybe two more, maybe no more, I don’t know. But, with AIG about to go under, they can’t bail them all out. They have to let some of the go down. They picked Lehman. And JP Morgan, Deustche, etc, could have bailed Lehman out, they chose not to. So, they think they can survive the Lehman fall. Let’s see if they are worth what their stockholders are paying them.

There is no reason for JP Morgan etc... to buy anyone out. Why assume the debt?

ML stockholders got lucky that they didn't try to survive. They got hosed on their stock, but at least they got something back.

Not my first choice, but they aren't bad.

I love ING.

Even though most of my savings accounts are at other internet banks now, they've done well by me and I'm under the impression that they are going to be okay throughout all of this.

Hey, are you going to be OK?

:)

My firm has been the one of the ones loaning money (collateralized by treasuries) to the banks/brokerages that have been struggling. We have a clean balance sheet. No CDO exposure. No auction rate security problems.

and no... we will not be bailing anyone out. The benefits of working for a very conservative firm (very risk averse). Being privately owned also helps.

So yeah, I should be ok...

I love ING.

Even though most of my savings accounts are at other internet banks now, they've done well by me and I'm under the impression that they are going to be okay throughout all of this.

It could still snowball and catch them, but if it does it means things got so bad that everyone is going down. So lets hope they survive.

My firm has been the one of the ones loaning money (collateralized by treasuries) to the banks/brokerages that have been struggling. We have a clean balance sheet. No CDO exposure. No auction rate security problems.

and no... we will not be bailing anyone out. The benefits of working for a very conservative firm (very risk averse). Being privately owned also helps.

So yeah, I should be ok

dayum :(

So yeah, I should be ok...

That's good. Even though you are a jackass I wouldn't want to see you lose your livelihood.

you know enough to know the bailout shouldn't happen. These guys buy and sell each othe during every downturn. I'm with Ladyt fuck em.
Though we are still growing this will hurt. You can't keep throwing childrens floaties to someone with 100lb anchor tied to their backs.

you know enough to know the bailout shouldn't happen. These guys buy and sell each othe during every downturn. I'm with Ladyt fuck em.
Though we are still growing this will hurt. You can't keep throwing childrens floaties to someone with 100lb anchor tied to their backs.
Sure you can. It's called "Mocking them"... Grab another Spongebob floatie and point and laugh...

We say this but let JP Morgan or Citybank start to fall and watch the bailouts come from the fed again. It is all about who is too big to fail and Citybank is too big to fail even if they were failing.

Back