More Taxes to Come

LadyT

JPP Modarater
Contributor
"Obama and Clinton both promise to reverse Bush's tax cuts for wealthier taxpayers, but the Democratic budget they'll be voting for would allow income tax rates to go up on individuals making as little as $31,850 and couples earning $63,700 or more. "

:shock:

"Under both Democratic plans, tax rates would increase by 3 percentage points for each of the 25 percent, 28 percent and 33 percent brackets. "

The Senate just passed something today bringing the top rate back up to close to 40%.

To me, that is an unacceptable rate of taxation. Our goal as a nation should be a permanent top rate of 33%. The government should not be entitled to more than one third of anyone's income (and they get more than that anyway, with sales taxes & other fees).

"Obama and Clinton both promise to reverse Bush's tax cuts for wealthier taxpayers, but the Democratic budget they'll be voting for would allow income tax rates to go up on individuals making as little as $31,850 and couples earning $63,700 or more. "

:shock:

Ron Paul 4Evah!

The Senate just passed something today bringing the top rate back up to close to 40%.

To me, that is an unacceptable rate of taxation. Our goal as a nation should be a permanent top rate of 33%. The government should not be entitled to more than one third of anyone's income (and they get more than that anyway, with sales taxes & other fees).

Amen Brotha!

Raise the tax rate on investment income, to the same rates that us working schmucks pay on payroll wage income, and you won't get an argument from me.

Warren Buffet pays a lower tax rate, than his secretary, because wages for work are taxed higher, than earnings from investment.

NOT fair.

Careful LadyT you will get accused of being a greedy rich person just out to keep the little man down and not caring about the children. You could end up hated by those that like you now. Just nod alot and start moving your money offshore

Raise the tax rate on investment income, to the same rates that us working schmucks pay on payroll wage income, and you won't get an argument from me.

Warren Buffet pays a lower tax rate, than his secretary, because wages for work are taxed higher, than earnings from investment.

NOT fair.

Income is income. I agree with Lorax, their should be a federal ceiling. When you factor in SS, MD, state, local, and sales taxes, we're getting hosed.

Careful LadyT you will get accused of being a greedy rich person just out to keep the little man down and not caring about the children. You could end up hated by those that like you now. Just nod alot and start moving your money offshore

To be fair, I am waging a war on children.

You see there? That was a carefully calculated combination of lefty and conservative rhetoric.

Of course the top rate should be 40%, if not higher.

To me, that is an unacceptable rate of taxation. Our goal as a nation should be a permanent top rate of 40%. The government should not be entitled to more than 40%of anyone's income (and they get more than that anyway, with sales taxes & other fees).

Back