Mormonism

Because God allows us to have fun and your made up one makes you act like some goody two shoes.

Ever heard of the old testament? Evangelicals believe that both the old and new ones are the word of GOD!

What parts are those?
Many books were removed. However, after reading them I didn't find they supported "Catholic Beliefs" any more than the ones left. Most removed were from the Old Testament, in fact I don't remember any from the New Testament being removed at all.

Many books were removed. However, after reading them I didn't find they supported "Catholic Beliefs" any more than the ones left. Most removed were from the Old Testament, in fact I don't remember any from the New Testament being removed at all.

Well, I suppose they don't support Catholic dogma per se, but Purgatory is certainly an issue contained within them.

the Vulgate (different versions of Daniel and other books) and the Septuagint (Judith, Maccabees, etc.)
As I said, all books from the Old Testament. Also, it should be noted that the Catholic Church added and took away from that list of books as well.

(Deuteronomy 20:10-14)

"As you approach a town to attack it, first offer its people terms for peace. If they accept your terms and open the gates to you, then all the people inside will serve you in forced labor. But if they refuse to make peace and prepare to fight, you must attack the town. When the LORD your God hands it over to you, kill every man in the town. But you may keep for yourselves all the women, children, livestock, and other plunder. You may enjoy the spoils of your enemies that the LORD your God has given you."

Sounds like murder, rape and slavery to me.

(Exodus 21:7-11 NLT)

"When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are. If she does not please the man who bought her, he may allow her to be bought back again. But he is not allowed to sell her to foreigners, since he is the one who broke the contract with her. And if the slave girl's owner arranges for her to marry his son, he may no longer treat her as a slave girl, but he must treat her as his daughter. If he himself marries her and then takes another wife, he may not reduce her food or clothing or fail to sleep with her as his wife. If he fails in any of these three ways, she may leave as a free woman without making any payment."

Sounds like sex slaves to me. We all know how young women were when they were forced to get married back then. We're talking about 13 year olds here. If God thought that having sex with minors was wrong, then he would have said something about it. BUT HE DIDN'T!!!

(Deuteronomy 20:10-14)

"As you approach a town to attack it, first offer its people terms for peace. If they accept your terms and open the gates to you, then all the people inside will serve you in forced labor. But if they refuse to make peace and prepare to fight, you must attack the town. When the LORD your God hands it over to you, kill every man in the town. But you may keep for yourselves all the women, children, livestock, and other plunder. You may enjoy the spoils of your enemies that the LORD your God has given you."

Sounds like murder, rape and slavery to me.

(Exodus 21:7-11 NLT)

"When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are. If she does not please the man who bought her, he may allow her to be bought back again. But he is not allowed to sell her to foreigners, since he is the one who broke the contract with her. And if the slave girl's owner arranges for her to marry his son, he may no longer treat her as a slave girl, but he must treat her as his daughter. If he himself marries her and then takes another wife, he may not reduce her food or clothing or fail to sleep with her as his wife. If he fails in any of these three ways, she may leave as a free woman without making any payment."

Sounds like sex slaves to me. We all know how young women were when they were forced to get married back then. We're talking about 13 year olds here. If God thought that having sex with minors was wrong, then he would have said something about it. BUT HE DIDN'T!!!

You must also lock all the women you know up for a week during their periods, as well as eating only certain animals, since you follow the Old Testament so literally.

Hey, we evangelicals take God's word seriously. One more.....

"When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property." (Exodus 21:20-21 NAB)

God also approves of beating slaves. And we just discussed how it's ok to have little girls as slaves so...............it's ok to beat little girls, rape little girls, and murder people so I guess John Couey is in heaven right now......

Hey, we evangelicals take God's word seriously. One more.....

"When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property." (Exodus 21:20-21 NAB)

God also approves of beating slaves. And we just discussed how it's ok to have little girls as slaves so...............it's ok to beat little girls, rape little girls, and murder people so I guess John Couey is in heaven right now......

Your trolling isn't funny because it is so obvious. I suggest you try harder.

EDIt: You aren't a /b/tard by any chance, are you?

Nah, since then the Apocrypha can be found in some copies of the Catholic Bible, but differently in others. It has been added to and removed from since the inception of the "official Bible". In some old texts it is called "Parliament" and has less books than current texts do.

Back