Most liberal states = least free states

Originally Posted by Threedee
[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appeal_to_Ignorance[/ame]

Defining yourself or projecting? Either way, you don't have a counter for my earlier response. If parroting is the best you've got, then discussion with you is going to be real short. Carry on.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appeal_to_Ignorance

Defining yourself or projecting? Either way, you don't have a counter for my earlier response. If parroting is the best you've got, then discussion with you is going to be real short. Carry on.

There is nothing I can do for you except reccommend that you debate with Dixie who is fond of your style of "debate." Just because you are ignorant, does not mean you can split the difference by claiming victory.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appeal_to_Ignorance

when one refuses to counter your idiocy, it's the sign of a smart individual. There's no debating the ridiculous theory about this issue that you cling to. It's like wrestling with a pig. We'd only get dirty and you'd just enjoy it.

Define "onerous" as it pertains to the discussion at hand, my willfully ignorant neocon friend. Washington, DC just dumped it's 30 year law of banning guns for home owners, thanks to the people voting it out and years of legal determination. Outside of them, where in the original article are the legal requirements so "onerous" that NRA clowns like you just won't fill out the forms to get your weapon. Elucidate, my child, elucidate!
Onerous in NC for CCW is a 2-day course costing $300, filling out forms at the sheriff's office and paying a fee, waiting three weeks for the State to comb through their files on you including all three mental heath hospitals, then a second visit to the Sheriff to get fingerprinted and photographed, then waiting another two weeks to receive a 3x5 card in the mail that you have to laminate yourself or it will fall apart. Reciprocity is only good in a handful of States and the permit expires in five years and you you have to go through the entire process again.

Then to buy a gun you have to fill out some more paperwork at the sheriff's office, pay a fee, then come back three days later to get the permit to purchase.

I can only imagine the process in Massachusetts or DC.

There is nothing I can do for you except reccommend that you debate with Dixie who is fond of your style of "debate." Just because you are ignorant, does not mean you can split the difference by claiming victory.

Kid, all you've done is throw insults....and the one statement you made I answered withou malice. Since you obviously don't have anything else, and cannot counter my original points, you just bluff & bluster. I don't claim victory...I point to the logical conclusion based on your inability to logically and/or factually disprove my points. Deal with it, or don't....at this point your accusations are meaningless. Carry on.

Originally Posted by Taichiliberal
Define "onerous" as it pertains to the discussion at hand, my willfully ignorant neocon friend. Washington, DC just dumped it's 30 year law of banning guns for home owners, thanks to the people voting it out and years of legal determination. Outside of them, where in the original article are the legal requirements so "onerous" that NRA clowns like you just won't fill out the forms to get your weapon. Elucidate, my child, elucidate!

Onerous in NC for CCW is a 2-day course costing $300, You want to carry a gun like a cop, then you should at least get a taste of what they go through to carry one (training, evaluation). You don't want to pay, then just get a gun for home protection filling out forms at the sheriff's office and paying a fee, Is this an additional fee and forms? How much and how long? waiting three weeks for the State to comb through their files on you including all three mental heath hospitals, So you object to background checks for people who want to roam the streets with concealed weapons? Hmmm, pity this didn't happen with that college kid in Virginia. then a second visit to the Sheriff to get fingerprinted and photographed, Question....are you not fingerprinted and the like on the first visit? then waiting another two weeks to receive a 3x5 card in the mail that you have to laminate yourself or it will fall apart. On my God, you have to get off your duff and laminate a card....the sheer gaul! :rolleyes:Reciprocity is only good in a handful of States and the permit expires in five years and you you have to go through the entire process again. Awww, poor baby....you go through more paper work and machinations transfering driver's licenses and selling/trading cars (with little hidden fees along the way, depending on what liens and such are involved). Since guns have a somewhat deadly quality to them, I think re-evaluation (like cops have to go through) is not much to ask.

Then to buy a gun you have to fill out some more paperwork at the sheriff's office, pay a fee, then come back three days later to get the permit to purchase. You're refering to just buying a gun for home protection, right? Why not just do this and have the gun for home protection, if the ADDITIONAL expense and time is just too much for you to bear?

I suggest you do the research work instead of relying on your imagination. In effect, you want to carry a gun with little expense, training or any investigation into your character. Got news for ya, COPS go through far more than what you described in order before their given the right to carry that weapon. So pardon me if I don't see YOU as being given a pass that we wouldn't give our law enforcement....THAT would be "onerous" indeed.

Originally Posted by Taichiliberal
[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appeal_to_Ignorance[/ame]

when one refuses to counter your idiocy, it's the sign of a smart individual. There's no debating the ridiculous theory about this issue that you cling to. It's like wrestling with a pig. We'd only get dirty and you'd just enjoy it.

You again! Didn't you have a hissy fit and claimed I wasn't worth dealing with? Seems, you're not as smart as you think if you come to rescue of 3D, who couldn't even acknowledge my response to her statement, and just hurls insults.

Look, stop braying like an ass.....the chronology of the recorded posts disproves your false accusations...I never put forth a "theory"....I logically and factually pointed out the absurdity of the contentions of the original article that started this post. To date, neither you or the other clods can fault me on my points regarding this....so you dodge, distort, lie, and then become so frustrated that you just end up calling names and huffing off. So be it....I'll just sit back and watch the show. Carry on.
:corn:

Onerous in NC for CCW is a 2-day course costing $300, filling out forms at the sheriff's office and paying a fee, waiting three weeks for the State to comb through their files on you including all three mental heath hospitals, then a second visit to the Sheriff to get fingerprinted and photographed, then waiting another two weeks to receive a 3x5 card in the mail that you have to laminate yourself or it will fall apart. Reciprocity is only good in a handful of States and the permit expires in five years and you you have to go through the entire process again.

Then to buy a gun you have to fill out some more paperwork at the sheriff's office, pay a fee, then come back three days later to get the permit to purchase.

Just buy the gun from a non dealer at a gun show.
Those red state gun laws suck.

I suggest you do the research work instead of relying on your imagination. In effect, you want to carry a gun with little expense, training or any investigation into your character. Got news for ya, COPS go through far more than what you described in order before their given the right to carry that weapon. So pardon me if I don't see YOU as being given a pass that we wouldn't give our law enforcement....THAT would be "onerous" indeed.

I don't want to be a cop, I just want to be able to protect myself. The Constitution says nothing about requiring this expensive, onerous process to do that. Why do you want to make it difficult for a law abiding, innocent citizen to defend themselves?

I don't want to be a cop, I just want to be able to protect myself. The Constitution says nothing about requiring this expensive, onerous process to do that. Why do you want to make it difficult for a law abiding, innocent citizen to defend themselves?

Does the Constitution say anything about not allowing the mentally ill or convicted felons to own and carry firearms?

....I logically and factually pointed out the absurdity of the contentions of the original article that started this post.
what you did was logically and factually point out that you're a moron with no idea of what you're talking about and that you aren't capable of comprehending basic reasonable statements.

Does the Constitution say anything about not allowing the mentally ill or convicted felons to own and carry firearms?
I believe that falls under common law, whereas persons unqualified to exercise reasonable judgment by nature of youth, metal capacity or criminal behavior can be denied whatever the stated deems necessary. We deny young folks and felons the right to vote for the same reason.

But again, I'm not an attorney. ;)

shall not be infringed is the optimum phrase, I believe. In that case, just like in the days before government became our masters, families ensured that their less capable members didn't handle the firearms and that the convicted felons either were put to death or kept in prison so that they couldn't pose a danger to society.

liberalism changed all that and now we have a anarchic lawless group of people with easy access to weapons despite all the 'feel good' laws that do shit to prevent it from happening.

I believe that falls under common law, whereas persons unqualified to exercise reasonable judgment by nature of youth, metal capacity or criminal behavior can be denied whatever the stated deems necessary. We deny young folks and felons the right to vote for the same reason.

But again, I'm not an attorney. ;)

Then the states could claim that they are extending the same exceptions to others for the same reasons.

shall not be infringed is the optimum phrase, I believe. In that case, just like in the days before government became our masters, families ensured that their less capable members didn't handle the firearms and that the convicted felons either were put to death or kept in prison so that they couldn't pose a danger to society.

liberalism changed all that and now we have a anarchic lawless group of people with easy access to weapons despite all the 'feel good' laws that do shit to prevent it from happening.

Not so long ago most people lived and died within 20 miles of where they were born. So people understood who was who and who was a threat.

But those times have changed completely.

I am pro-gun and pro-2nd Amendment. But I understand the arguments used by the other side.

Then the states could claim that they are extending the same exceptions to others for the same reasons.
There's no common law precedent for that. In fact, the felons and mentally unstable get to periodically petition the State to reinstate their God-given rights. And of course the youth get older.

My point is, the states can already limit certain people's access to guns based on their mental state, criminal history and age.

They do this because they claim they are protecting us from criminals and crazies with guns.

The next step is to require that you prove you are not crazy in order to have a gun. They already have you prove you are old enough and prove you don't have a criminal record.

If they get to write the test to determine sanity how many of us gun owners would pass? Is wanting to have a gun for self protection going to be interpreted as paranoia?

Once any limitations were allowed concerning guns it is now a matter of degrees.

My point is, the states can already limit certain people's access to guns based on their mental state, criminal history and age.

They do this because they claim they are protecting us from criminals and crazies with guns.

The next step is to require that you prove you are not crazy in order to have a gun. They already have you prove you are old enough and prove you don't have a criminal record.

If they get to write the test to determine sanity how many of us gun owners would pass? Is wanting to have a gun for self protection going to be interpreted as paranoia?

Once any limitations were allowed concerning guns it is now a matter of degrees.
ever heard of ex post facto?

Last edited:
Back