Muslim voters detect a snub from Obama

"Now he is going to have to compromise in order to win. It may not be pretty, but its the truth."

I know what you're saying, and agree, but I'm not seeing it on this one. I think they are WAY overestimating the impact that women w/ scarves or visiting a mosque would have. Sure, it would get added to the "he's a Muslim" emails, but who cares? The idiots who are affected by those emails won't be affected on iota.

It's just an over-reaction to a perceived fear of what could happen; it's overblown, and unnecessary. He's not going to lose any voters that he would have gotten anyway by appearing at a mosque.

Nailed it.

You're correct. this is yet another over-reaction that does not bode well for his image.

This is another reason that I respect you. No doubt we are on opposite ends of political spectrum, but I find you 'true' as far as ideology. I hope I'm as consistent.

Let's put it this way, I think Obama's camp made a mistake with the seal, but it shouldn't be that big a deal. They chose to delete, enough for me.

But those stupid enough to vote based on the "he's a Muslim" crap are already going to be voting against him. This is not going to sway moderates of either party or Independents. It would likely make some on the far right go bouncing off of walls, but to those undecided it would show more strength from Obama should he ignore those idiots and not be worried about having Muslims with him or speaking to groups of them.

the undecided wouldn't be able to care less about this. the only people this might offend and make a meaningful difference in the election should Obama avoid appearing with muslims, would be the muslims themsleves. How sad for them. I think it's a bad move to worry about the idiot vote pushing the barry hussein crap.

This is another reason that I respect you. No doubt we are on opposite ends of political spectrum, but I find you 'true' as far as ideology. I hope I'm as consistent.

Let's put it this way, I think Obama's camp made a mistake with the seal, but it shouldn't be that big a deal. They chose to delete, enough for me.

Thank you good sister .. you are consistent and open to honest opinion .. but there is some truth to what Darla said. If Obama appeared to close to muslims, I believe you would criticize him and question his motivations. My point to you is that I hope you recognize your perspectives of Obama and McCain are not balanced .. and it shows. I'm not criticizing you for it sister, I'm just stating what the perception is.

I recognize the magnitude of the stage and recognize that Obama is feeling his way through this process. Mistakes and overreaction are bound to happen .. but I don't believe that even those who support him should close their eyes to either.

Obama has a lot of admirable qualities .. give him a chance. You may find that like you and I, sometimes the language is different, but the goal is the same.

Back