Muslims more numerous than Catholics

It would be more likely that Muslims are an offshoot of Catholicism...

Hey now...

I will say about Muslims what I have said about Catholicism: anytime you get 1 billion people or so in one organisation, you are probably going to have some pedophiles.

No, I believe there are only a billion or so Muslims worldwide, while there are there are a billion or so Catholics alone. Although about half of all Christians are Catholic, Christians still outnumber Muslims considerably, and Catholicism would still be the largest denomination. Catholicism might be considered a separate religion than Christianity, though. If that is the case, Christianity has been the third largest religion for some time, with Islam as the second largest, and Catholicism the first.
That would about right. Catholics are not christian.

Didn't Kansas ? have a law for a while last year that allowed 2 yr olds to marry with parential consent ?

Oh Christ now we are going to argue which hairs on the back of the christian beast are real hairs and which are not? Please, the Catholic church WAS THE founder of organized Christianity. They were the one universal church, though you would think that a god might have some of his churches on other planets as well. Anyway, the bible was put together by Catholics, Churches in the Christian sense of the word were created by catholics, they believed that Christ was born the son of god that he suffered and died under Pontius Pilate, that he was crucified and on the third day rose and reigns with his father in heaven. Just cause they have some different symbology and practices makes them no less christian. Hell if not for the Saints many of the Pagans would have never made the change and the catholic church would have had to burn more people at the stake.

The formation of the catholic church was the cumulation of many turbulent years of Christian cults warring for control and legiticamicy.

Didn't Kansas ? have a law for a while last year that allowed 2 yr olds to marry with parential consent ?

12 year olds. It was more that is was never changed from the 50's whenever it was probably written, than that Kansas specifically "wrote a law" to "allow" 12 year olds to marry.

No. The Mormons wait until they are teens.... It would be more likely that Muslims are an offshoot of Catholicism...

Of course, in 610 there was only one Church.

The formation of the catholic church was the cumulation of many turbulent years of Christian cults warring for control and legiticamicy.

But only one of them had a Bishop in Rome who could trace himself back to Peter...

Of course, in 610 there was only one Church.

But only one of them had a Bishop in Rome who could trace himself back to Peter...

The Greek orthodox church can trace its lineage back to St. Andrew who became an Apostle at exactly the same time as Peter. Direct apostolic succession is direct apostolic succession - you know Jesus and the Twelve disciples.

The bit about the rock upon which I build my church is not in the earlier texts. You know, the earlier texts that were written in Aramaic and (gasp) Greek.

The Greek orthodox church can trace its lineage back to St. Andrew who became an Apostle at exactly the same time as Peter. Direct apostolic succession is direct apostolic succession - you know Jesus and the Twelve disciples.

The bit about the rock upon which I build my church is not in the earlier texts. You know, the earlier texts that were written in Aramaic and (gasp) Greek.
There were four churches in the Eastern Orthodox tradition that trace their apostolic connection back that way.

Are "churches" limited to christianity ?
Were there no religions in China, Americas, etc ?

there seems to have been religions since man has been around, they just keep changing and every one is the right one :rolleyes:

And you will never hear me deny that the Orthodox have direct Apostalic Succession. Earlier I stated (or perhaps it was in a term paper I wrote, not sure which :) ) that they came out of the same tradition as the West. My grandfather was Greek Orthodox, and my dad once considered becoming Orthodox when he was disgusted with Catholicism in the 70's.

You don't need to lie about Matthew, but Apostalic Succession is found two chapters after Simon bar Jonah is declared the "rock" of the Church. No dispute, I have a lot of respect for Eastern Christianity - just the one spat is all... Which is more than I can say for Protestantism, particularly the Divorce Court Church of England, (I hate Henry VIII with a passion, but I respect Luther and especially Calvin very much).

And you will never hear me deny that the Orthodox have direct Apostalic Succession. Earlier I stated (or perhaps it was in a term paper I wrote, not sure which :) ) that they came out of the same tradition as the West. My grandfather was Greek Orthodox, and my dad once considered becoming Orthodox when he was disgusted with Catholicism in the 70's.

You don't need to lie about Matthew, but Apostalic Succession is found two chapters after Simon bar Jonah is declared the "rock" of the Church. No dispute, I have a lot of respect for Eastern Christianity - just the one spat is all... Which is more than I can say for Protestantism, particularly the Divorce Court Church of England, (I hate Henry VIII with a passion, but I respect Luther and especially Calvin very much).

I used to respect Luther, but really, he just wasn't that good of a person. Also, Calvinism is elitist, from what I've heard of it.

I don't know how people who go to the Anglican church can still even justify it as legitimate.

Back