My Girlfriend gets pregnant. I put some ru486 in her coffee. Did I commit a crime?

BRUTALITOPS

on indefiniate mod break
Contributor
I abort the baby through my own means when girlfriend isn't paying attention.

What crime have I committed?

(*not being facetious* disclaimer etc)

errr if by serious you meant "did I actually do this," - no, retard. it's a thought experiment - idiot.

Yes, you committed a crime.

And I think 3d's response was more like "Are you serious you even have to ask".

Main thing I'd be concerned with if I was you would be finding out who's banging my girlfriend.

If you GF finds out about it, you'd probably be up for Murder for killing the fetus if you were in California (or several other states that have made those laws) as well as for feeding drugs to your GF...

I think it's unconstitutional to charge people with murder for killing a fetus, something which isn't even considered a person in the eyes of the law.

I think it's unconstitutional to charge people with murder for killing a fetus, something which isn't even considered a person in the eyes of the law.
I don't know if anybody challenged the law, but I do know it is in effect there. So... if you plan on feeding your GF RU-486 behind her back, don't do it in California, and check the laws of the state you are in to ensure no murder convictions...

No conviction against murderers with laws protecting the unborn has ever been overturned on appeal. Most states and the federal government have laws that punish comiting violence against pregnant women and their unborn children.

Anyway, the law doesn't just protect people. It also assigns legal protections to entities not considered people and responsibilities upon people as to how they treat them.

Take animals for instance. If we can protect animals, why can we not protect the unborn?

If you gave her RU-486 after she learned she was pregnant, it was already far too late to have any effect. You'd be guilty of administering a drug without her knowledge or consent but your intended consequence would be moot. This particular drug prevents implantation, it doesn't cause shedding of the uterine lining.

Sorry to be so practical; I understand the intent of your question but it was misguided. Now if you'd said quinine ...

Wrong. Damo is right it varies by jurisdiction and California has tended toward allowing murder to encompass a fetus.

See: Keeler v. Superior Court of Amador County (SC of CA, 1970). 2 Cal.3d 619, 87 Cal.Rptr. 481, 470 P.2d 617

The rule for most states is that the fetus must exit the woman's body and survive independently only its own for at least a moment.

No conviction against murderers with laws protecting the unborn has ever been overturned on appeal. Most states and the federal government have laws that punish comiting violence against pregnant women and their unborn children.

Anyway, the law doesn't just protect people. It also assigns legal protections to entities not considered people and responsibilities upon people as to how they treat them.

Take animals for instance. If we can protect animals, why can we not protect the unborn?

i dont believe we should protect animals either

Back