My Girlfriend gets pregnant. I put some ru486 in her coffee. Did I commit a crime?

Wrong. Damo is right it varies by jurisdiction and California has tended toward allowing murder to encompass a fetus.

See: Keeler v. Superior Court of Amador County (SC of CA, 1970). 2 Cal.3d 619, 87 Cal.Rptr. 481, 470 P.2d 617

The rule for most states is that the fetus must exit the woman's body and survive independently only its own for at least a moment.

*sigh*

I wasn't claiming it WAS treated as unconstitutional, I am well aware it is not: case in point, scott peterson being charged and convicted of murder of his wife and unborn child.

I am saying it should be. This should have been rather obvious

*sigh*

I wasn't claiming it WAS treated as unconstitutional, I am well aware it is not: case in point, scott peterson being charged and convicted of murder of his wife and unborn child.

Don't be a bitch. Ask a question get an answer. I'm sorry if learning this upset you.

concerning my statement of how it should be unconstitutional, I clearly wasn't asking a question. Learn what a question is :)

*sigh*

As I recall, in that particular case the birth was imminent and the child would have been viable. That seems to be an important distinction in the process from zygote to fetus to child.

It sure is. Westerners tell themselves that Eastern skiing is shit, and Northerners are loathe to acknowledge anything positive about The South. For instance, growing up in the Northeast it was "common knowledge" that Mt. Washington in New Hampshire was he highest peak in the east. I was nearly 40 years old before I found out that Mt. Mitchell in North Carolina was almost 400 feet higher, and Washington is merely the 7th highest.

When I moved here it took me about 6 or 7 years to bother assessing the ski situation, in spite of co-workers telling me all about it. Finally I went for an afternoon with my outdated two-buckle boots and 200cm slalom skis. I had a blast and, as they say, the rest is history. :clink:

We have a large area of very high elevation in NC and into Virginia that makes the temperature more like central PA.

It sure is. Westerners tell themselves that Eastern skiing is shit, and Northerners are loathe to acknowledge anything positive about The South. For instance, growing up in the Northeast it was "common knowledge" that Mt. Washington in New Hampshire was he highest peak in the east. I was nearly 40 years old before I found out that Mt. Mitchell in North Carolina was almost 400 feet higher, and Washington is merely the 7th highest.

When I moved here it took me about 6 or 7 years to bother assessing the ski situation, in spite of co-workers telling me all about it. Finally I went for an afternoon with my outdated two-buckle boots and 200cm slalom skis. I had a blast and, as they say, the rest is history. :clink:

We have a large area of very high elevation in NC and into Virginia that makes the temperature more like central PA.

Eastern Skiing IS shit... relatively speaking. You crazy bastards tend to ski on ice. We prefer snow.

Eastern Skiing IS shit... relatively speaking. You crazy bastards tend to ski on ice. We prefer snow.
SM tends to confuse skill with quality. The difference between skiing out east and here in the Rockies is the difference between driving a Subaru (east) and a Jaguar (west).

You can drive them both skillfully, but one is more enjoyable.

I can ski on it fine, it just isn't as enjoyable as a good packed powder. You really should come out here, I believe you would enjoy it immensely.
I enjoyed it last time at Breck, A-Basin and Keystone, and will again this spring at Squaw Valley.

We call packed powder "hero snow" for the obvious reason. We've had a lot of it this season.

The list of snow types that are not enjoyable is much smaller than types that are.

Not enjoyable:
  • blue ice
  • snud (snow mixed with mud)
  • ice crusted powder
  • western packed powder with a hot spring sun

We skied the latter at Breck two years ago and it was horrible. This was late March, starting at about early afternoon with partial shade from adjacent trees. You'd hit a hot spot and the brakes would come on; back in the shade and you'd accelerate. In the east where we have a lot of machine made snow we don't get that effect, presumably due to the shape of the crystals, which are much more spherical.

I enjoyed it last time at Breck, A-Basin and Keystone, and will again this spring at Squaw Valley.

We call packed powder "hero snow" for the obvious reason. We've had a lot of it this season.

The list of snow types that are not enjoyable is much smaller than types that are.

Not enjoyable:
  • blue ice
  • snud (snow mixed with mud)
  • ice crusted powder
  • western packed powder with a hot spring sun

We skied the latter at Breck two years ago and it was horrible. This was late March, starting at about early afternoon with partial shade from adjacent trees. You'd hit a hot spot and the brakes would come on; back in the shade and you'd accelerate. In the east where we have a lot of machine made snow we don't get that effect, presumably due to the shape of the crystals, which are much more spherical.

Squaw Valley is a mere three hours from me. I assume you mean Squaw Valley, California? KT22 et al?

Squaw Valley is a mere three hours from me. I assume you mean Squaw Valley, California? KT22 et al?
Yes, on Lake Tahoe. Its a long story, but my wife felt the need to split our spring vacation between the wishes of our son and the opposite desires of our daughter. So we will spend three glorious days at Tahoe then drive on an exceeding long trip to SoCal and spend three days on some damn island somewhere. :palm:

Back