My New Dumb Blonde Trainee

Cancel7

Banned
We’ve got a dumb blonde man working here. It’s the funniest thing, because you never think about the stereotypical dumb blonde as being male. He’s a really nice person, and actually a pretty funny guy, but OMG he is as dumb as a tree stump. I was trying to teach him how to use the phone, and to show him how to transfer a call, I put it on hold and said “first you press the red hold button”, and he actually said “whoa, slow down”. And then today, he needed the pw to get into something here, and I told him it was advocate, and he starts going, oh wow can you change that to something easier to spell? And at first I laughed thinking it was a joke, but it wasn’t.

I mean, how am I going to train this guy to do his job, I have no idea. I mean, he has to concentrate at full power to be able to transfer a call to one of his co-workers. And that’s not his job. His job, believe it or not? A little more difficult.

We’ve got a dumb blonde man working here. It’s the funniest thing, because you never think about the stereotypical dumb blonde as being male. He’s a really nice person, and actually a pretty funny guy, but OMG he is as dumb as a tree stump. I was trying to teach him how to use the phone, and to show him how to transfer a call, I put it on hold and said “first you press the red hold button”, and he actually said “whoa, slow down”. And then today, he needed the pw to get into something here, and I told him it was advocate, and he starts going, oh wow can you change that to something easier to spell? And at first I laughed thinking it was a joke, but it wasn’t.

I mean, how am I going to train this guy to do his job, I have no idea. I mean, he has to concentrate at full power to be able to transfer a call to one of his co-workers. And that’s not his job. His job, believe it or not? A little more difficult.
Mwahahahah! Thanks for teh passwordssss!

It amazes me how stupid so many people can be.

But he is a product of our society. If you can be attractive and witty, there is no need to be smart.

They guy sounds like an honest guy.

Give him a break.

Many people feel overwhelmed in a new enviroment.

Sensory overload.

Once he is feeling more apart of his surroundings he may settle down.

It amazes me how stupid so many people can be.

But he is a product of our society. If you can be attractive and witty, there is no need to be smart.
Bullshit, attractive and stupid gets you into bed once. Decent looking and smart gets you into bed until the divorce.

Give him a break.

Sensory overload.

LOL

You're so kind.

Darla, check with your HR people about how long you keep him before firing him becomes a problem.

Most companies have a probationary period, and after that he is a "real" employee.

Give him a break.

Sensory overload.

Oh I don’t have the heart to fire anyone Desh, unless they are a nasty person. I’ll work with him. I just think it’s hysterical. Because he really is a blonde. And dumb. I mean, dumb.

Darla, check with your HR people about how long you keep him before firing him becomes a problem.

Most companies have a probationary period, and after that he is a "real" employee.

I wouldn't worry too much if he's that stupid.

Just train him to obediently fetch a thrown tennis ball and when you tire of his playful antics just toss the ball out of a 10th floor window and await the inevitable.

Firing people is the worst part of being in charge.

But it gets easier as you do it more.

The first person I fired was a college girl who cried when I told her. I damn near gave her my job.

After I had done quite a few it got easier. Now I can just send'em packin without blinking.

Firing people is the worst part of being in charge.

But it gets easier as you do it more.

The first person I fired was a college girl who cried when I told her. I damn near gave her my job.

After I had done quite a few it got easier. Now I can just send'em packin without blinking.

That's true. You also have to consider the good of the company/institution/organization and the other staff as well.

When I was in finance I had to fire a guy who, in addition to not doing his own job well and being resistant to suggestions for improvement, was disruptive at best to the rest of the staff. After he'd left my office when I gave him the word, the rest of my staff came into the office to see that I was okay. They had sensed that despite the necessity of the action, it was going to be difficult for me as well. They were a great bunch.

That's true. You also have to consider the good of the company/institution/organization and the other staff as well.

When I was in finance I had to fire a guy who, in addition to not doing his own job well and being resistant to suggestions for improvement, was disruptive at best to the rest of the staff. After he'd left my office when I gave him the word, the rest of my staff came into the office to see that I was okay. They had sensed that despite the necessity of the action, it was going to be difficult for me as well. They were a great bunch.

Wow.

I feel like real jack @$$.

1) I don't think I'd have a problem firing people
2) I have no patience for stupid people nor do I want to work with them in any capacity.

I mean, the guy can't transfer a call.

I'm pretty sure this event doesn't take more than hitting two buttons, "transfer", and the extension that they are transferred to.

Not really rocket science.

Wow.

I feel like real jack @$$.

1) I don't think I'd have a problem firing people
2) I have no patience for stupid people nor do I want to work with them in any capacity.

I mean, the guy can't transfer a call.

I'm pretty sure this event doesn't take more than hitting two buttons, "transfer", and the extension that they are transferred to.

Not really rocket science.

I know; I'd be in a hurry to get rid of him too.

I can't stand stupid people either, and I sure don't want to work with them! <<shudder>>

Well this is only his third day, and I’m not going to fire someone in this economy for being slow. I’ve never fired anybody. The worse thing I did was threaten the asshole who put that Obama thing in my mail slot. I would have fired him honestly, except that he has kids.

Back