My New Dumb Blonde Trainee

Well this is only his third day, and I’m not going to fire someone in this economy for being slow. I’ve never fired anybody. The worse thing I did was threaten the asshole who put that Obama thing in my mail slot. I would have fired him honestly, except that he has kids.

I don't know. Usually the first 90 days is considered probationary, and if you get rid of someone within the first month they don't have to put it on their resume and you don't get suck with a monkey for the next couple of years. You don't want to wait if you're going to do it. We had this one kid that alledgedly majored in finance and accounting and graduated with highest honors and could barely put together functions on his work sheets after months and months. It was miserable for the folks that had to work with him. To give you an idea of how stupid he was, sophomore interns did a better job than him.

Man, it took forever to get rid of him afterward. If he needs to go this is the easiest time to do it.

I don't know. Usually the first 90 days is considered probationary, and if you get rid of someone within the first month they don't have to put it on their resume and you don't get suck with a monkey for the next couple of years. You don't want to wait if you're going to do it. We had this one kid that alledgedly majored in finance and accounting and graduated with highest honors and could barely put together functions on his work sheets after months and months. It was miserable for the folks that had to work with him. To give you an idea of how stupid he was, sophomore interns did a better job than him.

Man, it took forever to get rid of him afterward. If he needs to go this is the easiest time to do it.

Well, I’ll train him for a couple of weeks. If he’s a hard worker, that makes up for a lot. I mean look at me, I’m really smart, but I spend most of my working hours posting here. Oh, and I’m rarely lonely here? Ah hem!

Well, I’ll train him for a couple of weeks. If he’s a hard worker, that makes up for a lot. I mean look at me, I’m really smart, but I spend most of my working hours posting here. Oh, and I’m rarely lonely here? Ah hem!

yeah but I would like to get fired for the first time in my life.

:whome:

Train him to come on here full time and denounce capitalistic corporations while collecting paychecks from capitalistic corporations. Then show him how to bitch about the next Liberal in training.

Train him to come on here full time and denounce capitalistic corporations while collecting paychecks from capitalistic corporations. Then show him how to bitch about the next Liberal in training.

If he is as dumb as he sounds, he is already a full-time republican.

You've always had the most myopic view of this. Because we work for capitalistic corporations, you think it means we shouldn't question any corporate practices or intentions, and bow down to them like worshipping slaves.

I love capitalism, and I have no problem with the business practices of the company I work for. That doesn't mean that there aren't rampant abuses in the corporate world that screw over regular working people. I think what we've seen over the past few months certainly justifies some questioning of that, at the very least.

As time goes by, you tend to be proven wrong on just about everything.

Doesn't Darla live in New York? And doesn't she work in some lefty advocate position?
Odds are higher the guy is in the Green Party then a Republican.

Odds are he is not anti-capitalism too. But you didn't mind throwing that out there.

You've always had the most myopic view of this. Because we work for capitalistic corporations, you think it means we shouldn't question any corporate practices or intentions, and bow down to them like worshipping slaves.

I love capitalism, and I have no problem with the business practices of the company I work for. That doesn't mean that there aren't rampant abuses in the corporate world that screw over regular working people. I think what we've seen over the past few months certainly justifies some questioning of that, at the very least.

As time goes by, you tend to be proven wrong on just about everything.

I recognize you are different and for that matter so are other moderates like Tiana and Solitary. I'm speaking more about the cypress's, Darla's and uscitizen's of the site.

I didn't mean that to apply to you and apologize if that's how you took it.

We’ve got a dumb blonde man working here. It’s the funniest thing, because you never think about the stereotypical dumb blonde as being male. He’s a really nice person, and actually a pretty funny guy, but OMG he is as dumb as a tree stump. I was trying to teach him how to use the phone, and to show him how to transfer a call, I put it on hold and said “first you press the red hold button”, and he actually said “whoa, slow down”. And then today, he needed the pw to get into something here, and I told him it was advocate, and he starts going, oh wow can you change that to something easier to spell? And at first I laughed thinking it was a joke, but it wasn’t.

I mean, how am I going to train this guy to do his job, I have no idea. I mean, he has to concentrate at full power to be able to transfer a call to one of his co-workers. And that’s not his job. His job, believe it or not? A little more difficult.

Didnt you say u took a pay cut and went to work for non profit or govt?

Well your making my point about govt employees. They are for most part bottom workers out of lack of brain or laziness. Of course you get the smart ones who do it out of sense of service to there country as well.

Back