New car day

Crystal soul red.

2019-mazda-mx-5-1.jpg

You had me at blood sucking red, Dracula. đź‘€

If you haven't purchased yet, I strongly suggest a Corvette.

Push that peddle down and you'll be in another universe in 3 seconds.

I rented on a few months back while visiting my dad in Florida. Push the pedal down and the rear end is in front of you.

I'm not doubting you but then beauty is in the eye of the beholder. lol

I routinely have young women compliment me on my car. My neighbor's daughter, 25 years old and drop dead gorgeous, walked over to talk to me about it when I first got it.

Once I stopped for gas on my way to Florida, my wife in the passenger seat, some attractive young gal asked if she could take a picture of it.

I routinely have young women compliment me on my car. My neighbor's daughter, 25 years old and drop dead gorgeous, walked over to talk to me about it when I first got it.

Once I stopped for gas on my way to Florida, my wife in the passenger seat, some attractive young gal asked if she could take a picture of it.

Being a pick type my truck is far from a chick magnet. On the other hand if I lick my eye brows.
UduuI6b.gif

A high end restomod is a vintage motorcar that's been expertly but not authentically restored. Instead, it's been significantly modified for high performance.

Restomods come in two basic flavors. A machine built to "pro street class" standards is maximized for straight line launch while still being driveable on public roads. A machine built to "pro touring class" standards is maximized for highly spirited pleasure cruising.

We have a collection of five pro touring class restomods:

1957 Ford Thunderbird
1962 and 1965 Corvettes
1964 Lincoln Continental
1969 Ford Mustang.

Each of the cars is built on an aftermarket chassis, but the Lincoln and the Mustang were labor intensive unibody to full-frame conversions.

The engines required very little machine work. Brand new blocks were ordered fully prepped. The rotating assemblies were ordered pre-balanced. The cylinder heads were ordered fully assembled. Mapping the efi systems took some time. The latter is where pro street has the advantage. Usually, they just bolt on a toilet bowl sized four barrel carburetor. Full throttle power takes precedence over driveability with pro street.

A pro touring class restomod typically costs a quarter million dollars to build. Few command more than one hundred grand on the marketplace. Restomods, then, are to be considered consumption, not investment. You have to love them.

Back