New Modification...

Damocles

Accedo!
Staff member
Because of the constant complaints about post flooding... I have added a new modification that will limit the number of new threads each user can post in a day. Current limits are 17 new threads per day, 10 in any one forum.

If users find this too restrictive please PM me, or post here or whatever. It isn't that difficult to get around it... but it will show we've tried to get some limit on flooding the board with new threads.

There are no limitations on the number of replies one can make, only on new threads. I can change the limits at any time (such as make them larger during election periods or something).

Still won't stop her from crap flooding others threads but that is what thread banning is for.

This is really going to send her into a froth

Because of the constant complaints about post flooding... I have added a new modification that will limit the number of new threads each user can post in a day. Current limits are 17 new threads per day, 10 in any one forum.

If users find this too restrictive please PM me, or post here or whatever. It isn't that difficult to get around it... but it will show we've tried to get some limit on flooding the board with new threads.

There are no limitations on the number of replies one can make, only on new threads. I can change the limits at any time (such as make them larger during election periods or something).

Thanks Damo.

Now if only we could get a modification that prevents permanently-banned posters from constantly sneaking back in to create trouble.

Just an Fyi - there are also add-ons and built in functionality to prevent double posting. This would prevent anyone from making post after post after post after post all in the same thread. If they continue to make repeated posts, it will just add them onto the last one. This is good for those who like to make a million posts to increase their post count. Maybe you don't have anyone here that makes flood posts in the same thread? :)

Just an Fyi - there are also add-ons and built in functionality to prevent double posting. This would prevent anyone from making post after post after post after post all in the same thread. If they continue to make repeated posts, it will just add them onto the last one. This is good for those who like to make a million posts to increase their post count. Maybe you don't have anyone here that makes flood posts in the same thread? :)

Damo, I know you recently upgraded, so in case you haven't seen it yet:

Settings > Options > Message Posting Doublepost Options

I hope it works out as planned.

I just wish I could comment on any thread .

It makes it really unfun when you try to answer someone only to find they blocked you from speaking in their thread.

It makes me go elsewhere at times

I hope it works out as planned.

I just wish I could comment on any thread .

It makes it really unfun when you try to answer someone only to find they blocked you from speaking in their thread.

It makes me go elsewhere at times

Why do I see a sudden rash of new threads banning Desh?

Back