New Modification...

Yeah, I should have stuck with 3.x... I had a good set of mods and could write my own easily. The "upgraded" variables just made modifications suck so hard... It took me forever to figure out how to write the Thanks/Groans... Then vbulletin.org wouldn't let me publish them.

I was warned by someone (might be member here too), that I shouldn't do it as it was too "bloated" and slowed down the software. He was right. I used to have TONS of text files with code in them, to easily change templates around. Then came the variables, and now most of what I saved over the years became useless. :(

I was warned by someone (might be member here too), that I shouldn't do it as it was too "bloated" and slowed down the software. He was right. I used to have TONS of text files with code in them, to easily change templates around. Then came the variables, and now most of what I saved over the years became useless. :(
The best mod ever doesn't work with 4.2.2, the TMS (Template Modification System)...

You made changes using a template changer and it updated all of your templates at once. It was awesome, but now it throws database errors and they changed some of the templates so not all of the changes work.

They broke one of the best modifications ever.

The best mod ever doesn't work with 4.2.2, the TMS (Template Modification System)...

You made changes using a template changer and it updated all of your templates at once. It was awesome, but now it throws database errors and they changed some of the templates so not all of the changes work.

They broke one of the best modifications ever.

Hmmmm..... Never used that one, and I guess it doesn't matter now since it's history. I think the best mod ever is the stats I use, the one that shows like the last 10 posts/threads at the top, and all kinds of other stats if you dig into it.

Another failed one though, that I still use, is the reputation system. Nothing more than a pat your friend on the back tool which really has no basis in reality about who 'really' has the better reputations on the board.

Back