New Rule... Rule 16

Damocles

Accedo!
Staff member
We'll call this new rule the Dutch Uncle rule.

Quote Box Altering:

One can alter a quote box by removing some of a wall of text to expose the specific part you are responding to, or splitting it apart so you can respond to each item one at a time. However, altering the words posted and changing the meaning of what they said for whatever reason (a joke for instance) is not allowed unless you change the "quoted by" portion of the quote to make it clear that the original poster did not post what you are "making" them say. We will begin by deleting these posts, and if it continues we will get into banning.

Example:

A bad "quote" that we would delete:

Boy I love to Watch folks burn flags, especially if they are also supporting the slaughter of innocents!

An altered "quote" that would not be deleted:

Boy I love to Watch folks burn flags, especially if they are also supporting the slaughter of innocents!

So, no more altering quote boxes to make it look like you quoted somebody saying something they have not.

Well- All right now!

I suppose Legion will have to invent new ways to Troll other members that do not agree with him!

Thanks Management!

So, no more altering quote boxes to make it look like you quoted somebody saying something they have not.

Aw c'mon man! That being allowed here was freedom!

If you're gonna have freedom you gotta take the bad with the good, baby!

In b4 I violate that one by accident. :palm:

I will respectfully request a reconsideration of yet another rule.

Katzgar does that all the time. I don't care. His arguments are weaksauce. Let him do his bullshit w/o it being against the rules?

Do you really want moderators to get moar reports?

I'm sure today was lively. :eek:

Last edited:
GratefulCalmEagle-small.gif

Did you wet yourself again, grandpa?

I confess to having done this occasionally, but only when someone is relentlessly stalking me when I'm trying to avoid them. Or if they change MY posts to something I didn't say. Example: The thankfully-banned BulletBob.

Or the vile Lesion who changes people's names to some nonsense, so he is returned the favor. Technically though that's just name-changing and not post-changing.

We'll call this new rule the Dutch Uncle rule.

Quote Box Altering:

One can alter a quote box by removing some of a wall of text to expose the specific part you are responding to, or splitting it apart so you can respond to each item one at a time. However, altering the words posted and changing the meaning of what they said for whatever reason (a joke for instance) is not allowed unless you change the "quoted by" portion of the quote to make it clear that the original poster did not post what you are "making" them say. We will begin by deleting these posts, and if it continues we will get into banning.

Example:

A bad "quote" that we would delete:

An altered "quote" that would not be deleted:

“PMP” and “Legion” have been doing that to me for YEARS.

But they are “conservatives” so I guess that makes it ok.

I confess to having done this occasionally, but only when someone is relentlessly stalking me when I'm trying to avoid them. Or if they change MY posts to something I didn't say. Example: The thankfully-banned BulletBob.

Or the vile Lesion who changes people's names to some nonsense, so he is returned the favor. Technically though that's just name-changing and not post-changing.

Legion's shit is OK. :rolleyes:

If the names are changed, they do not get notifications. Clever. Doesn't work though.

Wow! "changes people's names to some nonsense". THAT took some real chutzpah, as Guno would say.

Back