New Rule... Rule 16

We'll call this new rule the Dutch Uncle rule. Quote Box Altering:
Along these lines, I would like to clear a technique that I use to clarify a point, which is just an expansion on the standard usage of the square brackets to alter quotes to specify/clarify what is being said within the context of the discussion without changing the meaning.

Example:
The quote: "Billy Bob tacked up the dowelled back brace and the threaded hanger T-bolt and fired her right up"
What I write: "Billy Bob [attached the assembly] and [started] her right up."

When people write posts they often are very unclear and/or incoherent, especially when the specific line to which I am responding is standing on its own. So I sometimes alter the quotes in that way. The square brackets clearly denote that I changed those words therein and the reader can click on the quote to read the original words if that is desired.

Along these lines, I would like to clear a technique that I use to clarify a point, which is just an expansion on the standard usage of the square brackets to alter quotes to specify/clarify what is being said within the context of the discussion without changing the meaning.

Example:
The quote: "Billy Bob tacked up the dowelled back brace and the threaded hanger T-bolt and fired her right up"

When people write posts they often are very unclear and/or incoherent, especially when the specific line to which I am responding is standing on its own. So I sometimes alter the quotes in that way. The square brackets clearly denote that I changed those words therein and the reader can click on the quote to read the original words if that is desired.

You might try hanging out with better people, for instance those who can and do speak clearly and with coherence.

Example:

but you do this shit in a dishonest way. like fake news.

selective and dishonest paraphrasing.

I fully support the new rule without qualification.

I recall suggesting the rule as a newbie on this forum without status to suggest anything,

of course the rule should also include ALSO removing the computer generated post id,
any screenscraping program for the forum will use that.

this will cause missattributions and lies to be inserted as actual responses.

can we update the rule?

I AM A FASCIST
AUTHORITARIANISM
THAT'S WHAT I SUPPORT

7ipxkp.jpg
I knew it, Fredo, when I saw your antisemitic and racist posts.

Disagreed, Fredo. You want Damo to impose stricter rules while claiming you are anti-authoritarianism. Not only does that make you a hypocrite, but also proves you're a fascist little Jew-hater.

it's a rule that actually stops fraudsters from attributing statements to others.

the name change is superficial.

the id needs to be erased.

like a true dem you hate security that works.

it's a rule that actually stops fraudsters from attributing statements to others.

the name change is superficial.

the id needs to be erased.

like a true dem you hate security that works.
You're a fascist hypocrite, Fredo. Another of many reasons you'll be manipulated into a patsy.

Back