News Besides Wright: Iran dumps U.S. dollar for oil trades

LadyT

JPP Modarater
Contributor
http://www.cnn.com/2008/BUSINESS/04/30/iran.oil.ap/index.html

TEHRAN, Iran (AP) -- Iran, OPEC's second-largest producer, has stopped conducting oil transactions in U.S. dollars, a top Oil Ministry official said Wednesday, in a concerted attempt to reduce reliance on Washington at a time of tension over Tehran's nuclear program and suspected involvement in Iraq.........................Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad called the depreciating dollar a "worthless piece of paper" at a rare summit last year in Saudi Arabia attended by state leaders from OPEC countries.

Why can't you report all the good news about BushCo. or Iraq? Move to venezuela you america-hating scum!

Wow, and I was able to read it, understand it's importance too....

Shocker. I guess since I was able to do that, I can continue to find out about a person running for president while keeping tabs on this too! Whew...

I thought I'd have to just focus on one thing because I was incapable of being a complex human being!

Wow, and I was able to read it, understand it's importance too....

Shocker. I guess since I was able to do that, I can continue to find out about a person running for president while keeping tabs on this too! Whew...

I thought I'd have to just focus on one thing because I was incapable of being a complex human being!

You're sacasm is duely noted. However my sarcastic remark trumps yours because I didn't even mention anyone running for president. I only mentioned Wright. And in case you missed it, Wright is not running for president. You can walk your sarcastic remark right back to the peanut gallery.

You're sacasm is duely noted. However my sarcastic remark trumps yours because I didn't even mention anyone running for president. I only mentioned Wright. And in case you missed it, Wright is not running for president. You can walk your sarcastic remark right back to the peanut gallery.

Damn, gotta score one there for LadyT.

Yeah, but neither is Hagee, but we talk about him while finding out about a person running for President. And we talk about other RR "leaders" when speaking about it too..

Hmmm.... Interesting how they are so important when finding out about a 'righty' person running for President, but 'suddenly' off-topic when speaking of a lefty running for President.

Yeah, but neither is Hagee, but we talk about him while finding out about a person running for President. And we talk about other RR "leaders" when speaking about it too..

Hmmm.... Interesting how they are so important when finding out about a 'righty' person running for President, but 'suddenly' off-topic when speaking of a lefty running for President.

I'm sorry, but what presidential nominee's pastor has been in the news for over a month - particularly after he's explicitely and in no uncertain terms publicly denounced him? McCain and Hillary both have the support of nutjobs religious wackos and Hillary has been alleged to have gotten counsel from Wright as well. Yet you don't seem to subconsciencely (sp?) confuse their pastors with them.

I'm sorry, but what presidential nominee's pastor has been in the news for over a month - particularly after he's explicitely and in no uncertain terms publicly denounced him? McCain and Hillary both have the support of nutjobs religious wackos and Hillary has been alleged to have gotten counsel from Wright as well. Yet you don't seem to subconsciencely (sp?) confuse their pastors with them.
What was that guy's name?...

He had sex with another guy... He paid for it?... Geez. I just can't remember. Because, you know, we don't talk about the RR EVER, even when people are running for office...

What was that guy's name?...

He had sex with another guy... He paid for it?... Geez. I just can't remember.

#1) exactly which elected official did ANYONE EQUATE him to or hold accountable for his actions?

#2) he was not in the media nearly as long and as feverently as Wright is.

#3) Wright didn't break the law

#4) And you STILL played the role of republican apologist/played it down and yet now you pretend that the Wright scandal is an issue that should be looked at.

Pardon me for not taking you or any other republican apologist seriously on this non issue. So again I submit to you,"Non Wright Related News"

Just out of curiosity... when is the last time Hagee had a staged press conference? I cannot recall.

Just out of curiosity... when is the last time Hagee had a staged press conference? I cannot recall.
I'll bet if he did, and started up on controversial crap, we'd be talking about it. And many would be associating it to McCain.

But heck, we can pretend that nobody ever mentioned the "religious right" on this board or in history. Because they only speak on "important" issues, and a person's pastor couldn't possibly give anybody any clues on how they believe...

I find it refreshing to finally see the shoe on the other side's foot.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/BUSINESS/04/30/iran.oil.ap/index.html

TEHRAN, Iran (AP) -- Iran, OPEC's second-largest producer, has stopped conducting oil transactions in U.S. dollars, a top Oil Ministry official said Wednesday, in a concerted attempt to reduce reliance on Washington at a time of tension over Tehran's nuclear program and suspected involvement in Iraq.........................Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad called the depreciating dollar a "worthless piece of paper" at a rare summit last year in Saudi Arabia attended by state leaders from OPEC countries.

this is part of the larger currency war

It seems like its a war we're losing substantially. With rates dropping the way they are it doesn't look like we are poised to gain traction anytime soon.

The dollar is being lowered in value purposely. This is calculated.

I'll bet if he did, and started up on controversial crap, we'd be talking about it. And many would be associating it to McCain.

But heck, we can pretend that nobody ever mentioned the "religious right" on this board or in history. Because they only speak on "important" issues, and a person's pastor couldn't possibly give anybody any clues on how they believe...

Ummmm, okay. That's exactly what I'm doing. No one ever mentions the religious wrong on this board. When did you get so disingenuous?

Secondly, Hagee has been giving interviews over the contraversy, but I've yet to hear anyone equate his views to McCains. He's essentially getting a free ride. But continue on in your world of make believe. Pastor Wright speaks for Obama, as a matter of fact, he's going to move into the Oval Office when President Obama win's and tell him exactly what to do.

w ite slavery here we come!

True. Although to be honest, who would think that the media would still be talking about Wright at this point? While I agree that this issue is ridiculous, what do they expect to happen after he holds a friggin press conference.

Given Obamas response, I think you were correct in that it was all staged so that Obama could come out and put distance between them.

Back