Nixon , right to work laws and the current R strategy

Everyone should fully understand what a right to work law really is. Learn past the pretty title. Things with pretty titles usually suck for the average guy.

I would love to see their definition of "just cause". My guess they'll try to imitate the teachers union and there will never be 'just cause' to fire anyone.

Private sector unions are never going to revive their glory days. The nature of our economy and the global economy has changed.

I beg to differ. Unions have a process of development and decay, a life cycle if you will. I can't prove it but I would like to put this life cycle up against the normal business cycle or even the Kondratiev Wave theory and see if unions are strong in development when the world economy is at its lowest and decaying when the world economy is at its strongest.

On an individual level, when things are going well workers wonder if they need a union. When things are not so good unions know they need a union.

There are several broad and contentious statements there I know, but I'm happy to discuss them.

That's an interesting article and it will also be interesting to see what happens in Colorado.

I beg to differ. Unions have a process of development and decay, a life cycle if you will. I can't prove it but I would like to put this life cycle up against the normal business cycle or even the Kondratiev Wave theory and see if unions are strong in development when the world economy is at its lowest and decaying when the world economy is at its strongest.

On an individual level, when things are going well workers wonder if they need a union. When things are not so good unions know they need a union.

There are several broad and contentious statements there I know, but I'm happy to discuss them.

That's an interesting article and it will also be interesting to see what happens in Colorado.

Well, I come from a very entrepreneurial area and its about growth, stock options etc. (Private) Unions don't stand a chance in the new economy.

In case you have not noticed Cawacko, the new economy seems to have shot it's wad.

We might actually have to start producing more actual products to stay competitive in the world.

Has there been any jumpers at Bear and Stearns yet ?

Yeah watch out for those laws with sweet sounding names, they usually contain vinegar for us.

where ya been Crash ?

I would love to see their definition of "just cause". My guess they'll try to imitate the teachers union and there will never be 'just cause' to fire anyone.

Private sector unions are never going to revive their glory days. The nature of our economy and the global economy has changed.

Actually cawack, the nature of the global economy is forcing people to rethink the benefits of unionization in the face of corporate policy which is trying to put as many americans out of work as possible and replace them with cheap overseas labor.

In case you have not noticed Cawacko, the new economy seems to have shot it's wad.

We might actually have to start producing more actual products to stay competitive in the world.

Has there been any jumpers at Bear and Stearns yet ?

Really? Have you seen the hundreds of millions the VC's on Sand Hill Road have invested in the economy 2.0? You claim to live in the sticks of Kentucky with a bunch of racist red neck Republicans (and then there is you on your own) so maybe you are unaware.

The Silicon Valley is booming son. If you think the new economy is done then information in the U.S. truly does not travel.

Actually cawack, the nature of the global economy is forcing people to rethink the benefits of unionization in the face of corporate policy which is trying to put as many americans out of work as possible and replace them with cheap overseas labor.

Hmm that might work... Move education overseas and we would not bomb our children in school.
And have theirs come over here.

ohh but the horrors of it some of our children might marry muslims or something :shock:

wow usged is a ball of bitternesss and amazingly ignorant on topics he tries to discuss. This is why we need all those classes kids complain about, so they can be well rounded adults instead of just round like usged.

wow usged is a ball of bitternesss and amazingly ignorant on topics he tries to discuss. This is why we need all those classes kids complain about, so they can be well rounded adults instead of just round like usged.

And you're a ball of selling out fellow americans and thinking it makes you cool.

asshat unions will excellarate the outsourcing with excessive wages. It really on worksin assemby on monkey dumb task. That bourse is out the barn.
Usged only has bittter complaints, don't hold your breath on him providing solutions.

asshat unions will excellarate the outsourcing with excessive wages. It really on worksin assemby on monkey dumb task. That bourse is out the barn.
Usged only has bittter complaints, don't hold your breath on him providing solutions.

Unions can work for all professions. And they will. you bastards have pushed too far.

Yeah my baby sister had tennis classes in HS, that was really necessary wasn't it.

Global education is just a part of the global economy.
Which we will have whether we like it or not.
And I just took a dig a racial and religious biggotry. Did it hit home or something ?

Yeah my baby sister had tennis classes in HS, that was really necessary wasn't it.

Global education is just a part of the global economy.
Which we will have whether we like it or not.
And I just took a dig a racial and religious biggotry. Did it hit home or something ?

Actually your last post was mostly incoherent.

Back