Nothing—Not Even Congress—Is Stopping the NIL Era

They play the one sport cause they see that sport as a means to an end, and they have the resources and access to purse it, others, as just a sport or entertainment, ain’t a whole lot of inner. Tell us then, why aren’t there a lot of black professional golfers?

Lots of current black professional athletes played multiple sports growing up. I'm not trying to put words in your mouth or misrepresent your positions but it seems like you have this idea in your head of what life must be like for some of these folks without actually understanding it.

Lots of current black professional athletes played multiple sports growing up. I'm not trying to put words in your mouth or misrepresent your positions but it seems like you have this idea in your head of what life must be like for some of these folks without actually understanding it.

No I have a pretty good understanding having personally experienced tutoring inner city kids in their homes, and from playing a lot of competitive basketball back in my salad days, being around the game. It is a different world, and many of them see sports, those they have access to, as a means to an end, even though the reality for most of them reaching the end, given their talent, is largely nonexistent.

I don't know why.
We have free education for everybody up to grade twelve in this country.

I'd like to see more than that,
but what we have now is enough for people to all speak properly.

They're not supposed to be teaching grammar in college. That's absurd on its face.
You're supposed to have it down pretty fucking well before you're admitted,
athlete or not.

I don't want to hear arguments about social or economic status, either.
We have 1-12-- K-12 in most states-- for everybody.
People who don't learn couldn't be bothered to learn,
and that's a personal character flaw.

My kids could read Little Golden Books from cover to cover before they started school,
thanks largely to PBS [which the pachys don't believe in funding] and our parenting.

Somebody gets a scholarship worth hundreds of thousands,
didn't do the prep work to deserve it,
doesn't learn a fucking thing after getting it,
and I'm supposed to watch these brats play games?

Fuck them. If they're entertaining enough, and wind up on Boston pro teams,
maybe I'll watch them then. A little.

When I started college in 2005, they already had to have ENG 100 on the catalog in order to bring some incoming freshpersons up to speed for what high schools were failing to do. Public schools were a lot better in 2005, even though they had long been underperforming at that point.

Back