Obama bin Laden

• Thread starter Thread starter Thumper
  • Start date Start date
One way or another, it is John McCain's last political ride. Giv'em Hell John! I wish Nov started tomorrow so the suspense would be over and we would start the next chapter in Presidential Politics.

Repubs, Dems, and Independents alike can agree that Bush will do nothing more significant while in office. As far as Political Clout, he has none left. President Bush would do best to let Congress pass bills and give them his signature. I voted for him twice, and supported him relentlessly (yes you can blame me), but there's nothing he can do to make America better or safer tomorrow unless it is supported by Congress.

One way or another, it is John McCain's last political ride. Giv'em Hell John! I wish Nov started tomorrow so the suspense would be over and we would start the next chapter in Presidential Politics.

Repubs, Dems, and Independents alike can agree that Bush will do nothing more significant while in office. As far as Political Clout, he has none left. President Bush would do best to let Congress pass bills and give them his signature. I voted for him twice, and supported him relentlessly (yes you can blame me), but there's nothing he can do to make America better or safer tomorrow unless it is supported by Congress.

yeah I'll bet you do wish it would start tomorrow. j. Sideny McCain might have a chance. But by November...No way will we elect another republican.

Hey Joe a wise man once told me "In short, the longer you stay in politics, the more likely you are to sell-out your beliefs." do you know him?

Desh, I'm honored that you would quote me (probably a first), but the point is that you scrutinize a politician's record and how they vote on key issues to determine if you would vote for them (record verses words alone).

Just like an insurance company looks at your driving record to assess the risk of insuring you, we look at a politician's voting record to assess the risk of electing them to office. That's hard to do when a candidate has about 3 years in the Senate (less of a record than a high-school transcript).

I do believe that a lot of politicians have tarnished their records while raising campaign dollars and courting special interest, I just think that the Repub Rebel McCain isn't one of them.

The teenager might be a good driver, and Obama might be a good President. I'd just like to see him gain a little more experience first. Maybe millions of Americans don't feel experience is important. In the end, the millions decide (while a few thousand may tip the scale). If Obama or Hillary wins the nomination and later the Presidency, I will hope for the best for America. I'd hope Dems would have the same wishes if McCain becomes President.

I just could not bring myself to vote for anyone who has Bush's ex campaign staff and Rove working with them.

No way at all.

He can make it worse like say attacking Iran.

I don't think President Bush has the clout to attack a small Pacific Island, let alone Iran. Unless that is, he purposely wants to hand the keys of the White House over to Obama or Hillary. No, I just can't see it, but if it does happen, I'll take the lashing for not believing it possible.

McCain has sold out. He lauded the President for vetoing a bill that would have forbidden people representing the US from doing to others what the Vietnamese did to him. It would have made waterboarding off limits. I don't know maybe the military has changed but when they gave us the classes on torture and what NOT to do I took them seriously. That coupled with the fact that I went through the SAS SERE School while I was stationed in Germany I learned about torture and even then the troops with SAS said this is what THEY will probably do to us because they have no compunction or moral compass. Sort of suggesting that we might.

McCain has been and remains a critic of the use of torture by America. In this regard your accusation that he has sold-out is false. On other issues I would concede his record is debatable. Unfortunately our Congressional Bills are seldom clear-cut. They often contain language not related to the main topic.

Even our toughest military training does not equate to the actual torture McCain endured in captivity. McCain will never support torture and no other member of Congress has experienced it first-hand.

I don't agree with assumptions that he sold-out on Bush tax cuts, but I can recognize a good argumet against my position. On torture no way, McCain did not and will not sell-out ever. You can take that to the Bank!

John McSame has sold out. He has sought the approval of religious leaders he used to condem.

Obama is the best one to lead because he has not had time to be corrupted.

John McSame sold his soul to the Bush admin to be the nominee.
Do you have a link to that condemnation? And it is clear that he already has had plenty of time to become one with DC.

Back