Obama, Edwards Meet in NC

Lorax ----> :crybaby:

YOU ignore the fact that Edwards is a shifty little scum bag. How is that MY problem?

How about this, Damo? Is this more of his brilliant sarcasm?

He was perfectly happy to chime in after Chap's baseless attack on Edwards, which assumed that Edwards was waiting for the "best offer." There was no sarcasm in that response; just his usual hate rhetoric about Edwards & trial lawyers.

BS, Damo. He slams Edwards whenever he gets a chance, and it's usually baseless.

You ignore that, though.
I don't ignore it. He's fun to slam, and lawyers have always been a target of sardonic humor. That you adore him doesn't change that it is still sarcasm even when SF slams him.

He was perfectly happy to chime in after Chap's baseless attack on Edwards, which assumed that Edwards was waiting for the "best offer." There was no sarcasm in that response; just his usual hate rhetoric about Edwards & trial lawyers.
Yes, it is. In this one he slams you and Edwards in one sweep. In the 1970s show lexicon it would be "Buuuuurrrnnn!"

I don't ignore it. He's fun to slam, and lawyers have always been a target of sardonic humor. That you adore him doesn't change that it is still sarcasm even when SF slams him.

That's gotta be one of the lamest explanations I have ever heard on this board.

For Lorax.....

Say this...."um... HELLLLOOOOOO".....

now, did you chuckle a bit when you said it? You see.... WORDS can also be used to indicate sarcasm/humor attempts.

Now, did Edwards make it a point of his campaign to address pay discrepancy between CEOs and average employees?

For Lorax.....

Say this...."um... HELLLLOOOOOO".....

now, did you chuckle a bit when you said it? You see.... WORDS can also be used to indicate sarcasm/humor attempts.

Now, did Edwards make it a point of his campaign to address pay discrepancy between CEOs and average employees?

God, you sound absolutely retarded. Are you trying to say that your FIRST comment on this thread - which echoes many others you have made about Edwards - was sarcastic? Why the sudden need for sarcasm about something you really believe?

The answer is that there is a difference between humor and sarcasm, and that you were not being sarcastic when you basically agreed with Chap's baseless attack.

I wouldn't say the discrepancy between CEO & worker pay was a focal point of Edwards campaign, but it was part of his overall message regarding poverty & the inequality in the country in general, which you continue to interpret in the most negative and inaccurate way possible, due to your innate hackness....

God, you sound absolutely retarded. Are you trying to say that your FIRST comment on this thread - which echoes many others you have made about Edwards - was sarcastic? Why the sudden need for sarcasm about something you really believe?

The answer is that there is a difference between humor and sarcasm, and that you were not being sarcastic when you basically agreed with Chap's baseless attack.

I wouldn't say the discrepancy between CEO & worker pay was a focal point of Edwards campaign, but it was part of his overall message regarding poverty & the inequality in the country in general, which you continue to interpret in the most negative and inaccurate way possible, due to your innate hackness....

Twit... the sarcasm/humor was with regards to referring to ALL trial lawyers as scum bags.

Yes, I think Edwards is a scumbag. Yes, CEO pay was a part (not a focal point) of his class warfare act. That is why I asked you if you knew what the difference was between Edwards and his legal assisstant(s). Because I would be willing to bet they are not living in 16000 square foot homes.

Chaps assertation is hardly baseless. Unless you want all of us to believe that he is not jockeying for a position with Obama or Clinton. Unless you want us to also believe that he is not waiting to make and edorsement until he has a better idea who will win so that he can get the most out of his endorsement and not inadvertantly back the loser and then have to shift from a position of power into a position of begging for scraps from the winner.

Twit... the sarcasm/humor was with regards to referring to ALL trial lawyers as scum bags.

Yes, I think Edwards is a scumbag. Yes, CEO pay was a part (not a focal point) of his class warfare act. That is why I asked you if you knew what the difference was between Edwards and his legal assisstant(s). Because I would be willing to bet they are not living in 16000 square foot homes.

Chaps assertation is hardly baseless. Unless you want all of us to believe that he is not jockeying for a position with Obama or Clinton. Unless you want us to also believe that he is not waiting to make and edorsement until he has a better idea who will win so that he can get the most out of his endorsement and not inadvertantly back the loser and then have to shift from a position of power into a position of begging for scraps from the winner.

It's an assumption, and it's baseless. If you were a reporter & you wrote that, you would be guilty of slander. There is no basis to it at all, aside from your irrational hate of Edwards; there is also no base to the claim that his assistants were not well paid (and no, his proposals do not include the average worker making exactly as much as the CEO, so your reference to the 16000 sq foot home is idiotic).

We don't know what Edwards is talking about with Clinton & Edwards. I have no doubt that they're asking for an endorsement, but it may very wall be (and very plausibly), that he has no plans at all to endorse anyone before the convention, and that he is simply interested in forwarding the agenda that he campaigned on, which I have little doubt he believes in.

Stop being such a hack...

Sarcasm /ˈsɑrkæzəm/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[sahr-kaz-uhm]

–noun

1. harsh or bitter derision or irony.
2. a sharply ironical taunt; sneering or cutting remark: a review full of sarcasms.

Also:

1. A cutting, often ironic remark intended to wound.
2. A form of wit that is marked by the use of sarcastic language and is intended to make its victim the butt of contempt or ridicule.
3. The use of sarcasm. See Synonyms at wit1.

Note: It is a biting remark meant to sting. While it only hit and adoring fan, the intended target was well stung!

Please, continue to pretend that sarcasm is not a form of communication. It makes it even more funny!

It's an assumption, and it's baseless. If you were a reporter & you wrote that, you would be guilty of slander. There is no basis to it at all, aside from your irrational hate of Edwards; there is also no base to the claim that his assistants were not well paid (and no, his proposals do not include the average worker making exactly as much as the CEO, so your reference to the 16000 sq foot home is idiotic).

We don't know what Edwards is talking about with Clinton & Edwards. I have no doubt that they're asking for an endorsement, but it may very wall be (and very plausibly), that he has no plans at all to endorse anyone before the convention, and that he is simply interested in forwarding the agenda that he campaigned on, which I have little doubt he believes in.

Stop being such a hack...

You seem to lack an understanding of the terms assumption and baseless.

1) I ASKED you if you knew what the pay difference was.

2) I STATED that I would be willing to bet they do not live in a home similar to his

3) If I was a reporter, I would have ASKED him the same question and made the same bet with him.

4) I NEVER said his assitants were or were not well paid. I ASKED .... HOW did their pay compare to his? You see, this is a direct question. It relates identically to the situation of how CEO pay relates to the average worker.

5) The point on the home was to show the vast discrepancy between the pay of the two..... very similar to Edwards pointing out the millions made by the CEOs and then stating the average for the workers.

6) Please, continue to play the innocent act. Everyone on this board knows that he is trying to get a position with the winner. Yes, part of his endorsement is likely tied to promoting his positions as well. But only an idiot would think he isn't trying to get a position with the winning side.

Sarcasm /ˈsɑrkæzəm/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[sahr-kaz-uhm]

–noun

1. harsh or bitter derision or irony.
2. a sharply ironical taunt; sneering or cutting remark: a review full of sarcasms.

Also:

1. A cutting, often ironic remark intended to wound.
2. A form of wit that is marked by the use of sarcastic language and is intended to make its victim the butt of contempt or ridicule.
3. The use of sarcasm. See Synonyms at wit1.

Note: It is a biting remark meant to sting. While it only hit and adoring fan, the intended target was well stung!

Please, continue to pretend that sarcasm is not a form of communication. It makes it even more funny!

If you only knew how stupid you looked.

Your posts on the board are often intelligent, but when it comes to sticking up for your cronies, you get all embarassing & goofy....

Your posts on the board are often intelligent, but when it comes to sticking up for your cronies, you get all embarassing & goofy....

Its not so much him sticking up for me as it is we are both laughing at you.

Lil Mr Faux outrage. Such a special lil boy. Sorry I made fun of your boytoy Edwards.

Side note: I couldn't help but notice that you failed to address my points yet again. I guess it is easier to generate the faux outrage rather than admit that your beloved Edwards is a scumbag hypocrit.

and Lorax... yes, Edwards is most certainly a scum bag.

Tell us....

how much did Edwards make vs. his legal assistants?

MORE! Cause he was the lawyer and they were legal assistants.

how much did Edwards make vs. his clients?

Probably 30 to 40 percent depending on his retainer agreement.

how much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

Not as much as Peter Piper could pick a peck of pickle peppers.

:)

watching the dem primary back room politics this time around is far better then the 00 republican

shows u the dems are just as if not far worse then the pubs at this game.

Back