Obama, Edwards Meet in NC

watching the dem primary back room politics this time around is far better then the 00 republican

shows u the dems are just as if not far worse then the pubs at this game.
You would hope after two decades of watching the republicans they might have learned a thing or two.

I'm not sure that Edwards' endorsement is all that meaningful anymore.

I think it would have carried more weight if he had endorsed earlier.

Nothing wrong with him meeting with Obama and Clinton, in my opinion.

You seem to lack an understanding of the terms assumption and baseless.

1) I ASKED you if you knew what the pay difference was.

2) I STATED that I would be willing to bet they do not live in a home similar to his

3) If I was a reporter, I would have ASKED him the same question and made the same bet with him.

4) I NEVER said his assitants were or were not well paid. I ASKED .... HOW did their pay compare to his? You see, this is a direct question. It relates identically to the situation of how CEO pay relates to the average worker.

5) The point on the home was to show the vast discrepancy between the pay of the two..... very similar to Edwards pointing out the millions made by the CEOs and then stating the average for the workers.

6) Please, continue to play the innocent act. Everyone on this board knows that he is trying to get a position with the winner. Yes, part of his endorsement is likely tied to promoting his positions as well. But only an idiot would think he isn't trying to get a position with the winning side.

Can't you see the stupidity of this?

If Edwards is really becoming a "scum bag," as Chap said, by looking for the best offer, but this is what anyone in politics would do - based on the idea that "everyone on the board knows that he is", which means that this is what politicians naturally do - then they are ALL scum bags, and there is no differentiation with Edwards whatsoever.

I actually don't think it's that clear of an assumption. Quite a few of the big muckity-mucks in the Dem party have not endorsed yet, and likely won't do so until after the convention. It is very plausible that Edwards has no plans to endorse at all, and just wants his agenda to be a part of the platform no matter who wins.

See, when you start making accusations about people, it helps to have a few quotes or actual facts. Anytime you have to slide back to "well, everyone KNOWS"...you've already lost. And you have.

I WANT PROOF PETER could out hustle the woodchuck. You back that up mister lawyer man.

Side note... yes, the lawyer makes more than the assistant... thank you captain obvious. The questions was what was the ratio between Edwards and his assistant? Details man. Ya gots ta pay attention to the details.

I WANT PROOF PETER could out hustle the woodchuck. You back that up mister lawyer man.

Side note... yes, the lawyer makes more than the assistant... thank you captain obvious. The questions was what was the ratio between Edwards and his assistant? Details man. Ya gots ta pay attention to the details.

Lawyers have gotten a bum rap. 95% of them give the rest a bad name. :cool:

Back