Obama has been the first Black president before

Obama's stewardship of the Review has generated a small dustup in the blogosphere, with some critics insisting that "Obama's Vol. 104 is the least-cited volume of the Harvard Law Review in the last 20 years." The claim has methodological problems, however, including the fact that Obama oversaw only the first four issues of that volume. Review veterans said he would have an increasing influence - as well as a final read - over the latter half of Volume 103, then a diminishing influence over the second half of Volume 104, produced after he left the presidency.

Moreover, with the exception of the Forward, review articles are selected by a committee of editors, with the president merely the first among equals. Still, the substance of the review offers a glimpse at the environment in which Obama came to the law, and the eight issues that Obama presided over have enough material to keep the blogosphere busy for months. Among the more interesting pieces:

Im sure Damo will be along to telly you how you only see what you want out of this whole article?

Right Damo?

Obama's stewardship of the Review has generated a small dustup in the blogosphere, with some critics insisting that "Obama's Vol. 104 is the least-cited volume of the Harvard Law Review in the last 20 years." The claim has methodological problems, however, including the fact that Obama oversaw only the first four issues of that volume. Review veterans said he would have an increasing influence - as well as a final read - over the latter half of Volume 103, then a diminishing influence over the second half of Volume 104, produced after he left the presidency.

Moreover, with the exception of the Forward, review articles are selected by a committee of editors, with the president merely the first among equals. Still, the substance of the review offers a glimpse at the environment in which Obama came to the law, and the eight issues that Obama presided over have enough material to keep the blogosphere busy for months. Among the more interesting pieces:

Im sure Damo will be along to telly you how you only see what you want out of this whole article?

Right Damo?

I would agree with that Desh. It is cherry picking a point of the overall article.

I think the main point of it was to illustrate how he attempted to bring more people into the fold. To expand the views of the paper to include more lines of thought. To challenge the reader despite his acknowledgement that many of the students wouldn't read it regardless. I believe it was meant to show an example of him "reaching across the aisle" and "bringing two sides together" so to speak.

In that regard, I do think he would do a good job.

It is a good model to show he is a true intellect who does not seek to squelch the other sides opinions.

He will be reaching acrossed the aisle much unlike McCain will.

McCain has sold his soul to the neocons and his inssitance in packing his campaign with lobbiests and corporate whores belies the crap he is now spewing about his intenetions.

It is a good model to show he is a true intellect who does not seek to squelch the other sides opinions.

He will be reaching acrossed the aisle much unlike McCain will.

McCain has sold his soul to the neocons and his inssitance in packing his campaign with lobbiests and corporate whores belies the crap he is now spewing about his intenetions.

That is simply partisan bullshit desh. Show me one person in either chamber that has reached across the aisle more than McCain. Just one. Show me how much McCain has sold his soul to lobbyists given that he has long been one of the biggest opponents to pork spending and lobbying influences. yes, he is pandering to the Rep base right now... but why do you suppose it is that so many on the right are not comfortable with McCain? You think it is because he is walking lockstep with them?

His campaign is full of them my friend and he has voted with Bush 100% of the time this year.

He sold his soul for this nomination.

BTW Phil Gramm was once a dem and he sold his soul to the corps.

His campaign is full of them my friend and he has voted with Bush 100% of the time this year.

He sold his soul for this nomination.

BTW Phil Gramm was once a dem and he sold his soul to the corps.

LMAO... you just get done giving Kathi shit for a "partisan" spin and I defended you. Then you turn right around and lash out with your partisan bullshit. Why the fuck would you just look at THIS year? Of course he is going to toe the line at a point where he is trying to assure the Rep base that he is "with them". Just as Obama is going to do for the left.

LMAO... you just get done giving Kathi shit for a "partisan" spin and I defended you. Then you turn right around and lash out with your partisan bullshit. Why the fuck would you just look at THIS year? Of course he is going to toe the line at a point where he is trying to assure the Rep base that he is "with them". Just as Obama is going to do for the left.

Dude, this is beyond funny. Who has a greater history in the Senate than McCain right now of bi-partisanship? Oh, he voted seven for seven with Bush this year. Please.

Desh, what is one bi-partisan bill Obama has co-sponsered since he has been in the Senate?

run the numbers of the law review, get back to me.

Again, that was not the point of the article. No one was suggesting.... "hey, look at how many times the review was cited under Obama... how cool!"

Desh posted the article to show an example of how Obama could reach out to the opposition. How he could be more inclusive than Bush etc...

Dude, this is beyond funny. Who has a greater history in the Senate than McCain right now of bi-partisanship? Oh, he voted seven for seven with Bush this year. Please.

Desh, what is one bi-partisan bill Obama has co-sponsered since he has been in the Senate?

Of course I posted, the last time you made this stupid comment about two hours ago, an entire fact-filled post about McCain’s voting record, wherein even if you dismiss this year when he hasn’t shown up to vote, he still is a very conservative senator, some years rated second most con, some years eighth. And further, that most of the issues that have given him is “bipartisan” or “maverick” or “moderate” label, he has completely flip flopped on.

For instance, twice John McCain voted against the bush tax cuts, stating on record that we could not afford them, and ALSO, that they were overwhelmingly for the rich. Now, McCain has flip flopped and is running on making those same cuts permanent. Now I would like for you to explain to me why we should consider those two votes proof of his moderate style, his bipartisanship, or his maverick status??? THEY ARE NO LONGER OPERATIVE. Period.

Also, his bipartisan and maverick image was first established over campaign finance reform. McCain was caught with his hands in the cookie jar. He had two choices; fall with the other five, or claim that the system made him do it and now he was going to change that system. He chose the latter.

Maverick, or scheming opportunist? I guess that’s in the eyes of the beholder.

Of course I posted, the last time you made this stupid comment about two hours ago, an entire fact-filled post about McCain’s voting record, wherein even if you dismiss this year when he hasn’t shown up to vote, he still is a very conservative senator, some years rated second most con, some years eighth. And further, that most of the issues that have given him is “bipartisan” or “maverick” or “moderate” label, he has completely flip flopped on.

For instance, twice John McCain voted against the bush tax cuts, stating on record that we could not afford them, and ALSO, that they were overwhelmingly for the rich. Now, McCain has flip flopped and is running on making those same cuts permanent. Now I would like for you to explain to me why we should consider those two votes proof of his moderate style, his bipartisanship, or his maverick status??? THEY ARE NO LONGER OPERATIVE. Period.

Also, his bipartisan and maverick image was first established over campaign finance reform. McCain was caught with his hands in the cookie jar. He had two choices; fall with the other five, or claim that the system made him do it and now he was going to change that system. He chose the latter.

Maverick, or scheming opportunist? I guess that’s in the eyes of the beholder.

I didn't see what you posted. I'm not arguing he doesn't have a conservative voting record. He does. I'm asking who has attempted more to work in bi-partisanship manner than him in the Senate? Again, I'm not asking in an attempt to say he doesn't have a conservative voting record. I'm asking within the framework of the partisan Senate who has attempted to work across the aisle more?

Back