Obama in Big Corps pocket

Cancel 2016.2

The Almighty
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opinion/chi-oped0707byrnejul07,0,2090442.story

"Center's OpenSecrets.org, are some of the industries that have given Obama money: lawyers, $17.8 million; securities and investments, $7.9 million; education, $7 million; real estate, business services, miscellaneous businesses, health professionals and TV/movies/music, more than $4 million each. Computers/Internet, finance, civil servants and public officials, printing and publishing, commercial banks, hospitals and nursing homes, construction services, all ranging from almost $1 million to more than $3 million.

Biggest donors? Goldman, Sachs & Co., UBS, JPMorgan Chase, Citigroup, National Amusements, Lehman Brothers, Google, Sidley Austin, Skadden Arps, Time Warner, Morgan Stanley, Exelon, Latham & Watkins, Microsoft and GE are among the biggest corporate contributors."

How can this be? Didn't Obama say he doesn't accept money from lobbyists and PACs? Well, that means he still can accept money from "spouses of lobbyists, non-lobbying partners who work for lobbying firms or for law firms that do lobbying, ex-lobbyists and state lobbyists," said the Center. "Because of contribution limits, organizations that bundle together many individual contributions are often among the top donors to presidential candidates. These contributions can come from the organization's members or employees [and their families]."

Looks like Obama likes to stretch the truth a bit....

Well Duhhh! He is a politician.
And this is the USA.

those who expect Obama to fix our big problem are headed for a dissapointment. But imho he is still less damaging than McSame.

A drop in the bucket of his funds. The vast majority of his money comes from individuals in very small amounts.

A drop in the bucket of his funds. The vast majority of his money comes from individuals in very small amounts.

So that $60 million or so is just a drop in the bucket?

How nice. I wonder how much McCain has raised from Corps and special interest groups?

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opinion/chi-oped0707byrnejul07,0,2090442.story

"Center's OpenSecrets.org, are some of the industries that have given Obama money: lawyers, $17.8 million; securities and investments, $7.9 million; education, $7 million; real estate, business services, miscellaneous businesses, health professionals and TV/movies/music, more than $4 million each. Computers/Internet, finance, civil servants and public officials, printing and publishing, commercial banks, hospitals and nursing homes, construction services, all ranging from almost $1 million to more than $3 million.

Biggest donors? Goldman, Sachs & Co., UBS, JPMorgan Chase, Citigroup, National Amusements, Lehman Brothers, Google, Sidley Austin, Skadden Arps, Time Warner, Morgan Stanley, Exelon, Latham & Watkins, Microsoft and GE are among the biggest corporate contributors."

How can this be? Didn't Obama say he doesn't accept money from lobbyists and PACs? Well, that means he still can accept money from "spouses of lobbyists, non-lobbying partners who work for lobbying firms or for law firms that do lobbying, ex-lobbyists and state lobbyists," said the Center. "Because of contribution limits, organizations that bundle together many individual contributions are often among the top donors to presidential candidates. These contributions can come from the organization's members or employees [and their families]."

Looks like Obama likes to stretch the truth a bit....

How is Obama stretching the truth? I'm confused.

Are the funds directly from the corps or are they from people who WORK for the corps? Because after their 9-5 they are US citizens that are allowed to donate money in the amount of 2,300 dollars to a candidate for the general election. If they are bundled and then given over to him by the CEO of Goldman Sachs then I think you have a point. Checks from the rep of a corp which he bundled come with some unspoke expectations. Checks from individuals do not. I have donated some money to his campaign as well as some more local elections. They come from me and I am an employee of my law firm but they are not in anyway from my firm because the guy whose name is first on the door is a die hard republican and my money and his go different ways. But some people might say Ohhh nooo that firm donated to Obama. Which is in no way true.

Not so much I think DNC, of course much depends on how may seats the democratic congress gains. But even if the get a lot I think you will be dissapointed.

So that $60 million or so is just a drop in the bucket?

How nice. I wonder how much McCain has raised from Corps and special interest groups?

That is about two months worth out of a year and a half of fund raising.

why dont you tell us how much McSame has raised?

Not so much I think DNC, of course much depends on how may seats the democratic congress gains. But even if the get a lot I think you will be dissapointed.

If they have a clear majority and can pass things without the Rs getting in the way then you can join us while we whip them and force them to do the right thing.

Back