Obama supporters feel betrayed and his support suffers

blackascoal

The Force is With Me
Obama supporters feel betrayed over his growing list of shifting policies

BARACK OBAMA has been accused of betraying his most loyal supporters, by voting in favour of an amendment to the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) he had promised to block. Civil liberties groups say the bill, which aims to make it easier to monitor terrorist suspects, violates the constitution and legitimises government spying on ordinary Americans.

The revised act grants immunity from prosecution to phone companies who assisted the Bush administration's warrantless wiretapping programme, something Obama swore to resist as recently as June. Senate majority leader Harry Reid, chief whip Dick Durbin and Hillary Clinton all opposed the bill. Its passage was a significant victory for Dick Cheney.

By far the biggest group at social networking site mybarackobama.com, with more than 23,000 members, is called Senator Obama - Please Vote No On Telecom Immunity - Get FISA Right. In defeat, user comments revealed a potentially damaging breach. Justin from Minnesota wrote: "it cost him my vote and I hope it will cost him the votes of many others." Alejandro from Seattle lamented that he "thought the whole point of the Obama campaign was to not be like other politicians".

Gail from New Jersey addressed the candidate directly: "You lost your most ardent supporters, your workers, your donors," she posted. The fundraising model that Obama has used so successfully, tapping 1.5 million supporters for an average of $197 (£99) each, depends on the goodwill of such activists. At an event in New York this week he admitted donations have been "a little slow".

-- more at link
http://www.sundayherald.com/international/shinternational/display.var.2392769.0.0.php

Democrats Don’t Care about You
by Reza Fiyouzat / July 12th, 2008

Public Service Announcement: You don’t need political analysts; just read the news. Singular lines of news suffice at times. You are now in the post-analytic age.

Here is a one-liner from a Yahoo! News piece on the recent passage of the Snoops-R-Us bill in the Senate: “Obama ended up voting for the final bill, as did Specter.”

That one sentence tells you all you need to know about where Obama and most Democrats stand on the issue of civil liberties and what political leaders are not willing to do to protect those liberties. Now, that should be enough to make you withdraw your support from Obama’s presidency — if, that is, you still have illusions about the Democrats in general, and Barak Obama in this round of Anybody-But-Bush/McCain.

“What?” says you, “And let McCain win the election?”

To that it must be said: What on earth is the difference when the Democratic presidential nominee, during the election campaign, votes in the same way as a right-wing Republican not just on any bill, but on a bill curtailing people’s civil liberties?

Of course, Obama, being a smooth political operator, made a mountain out of his molehill of an ‘opposition’ to the bill, by supporting an amendment to the bill that would have removed the telecom’s immunity, but when the amendment failed, he simply dropped the ball on the whole thing and plainly didn’t care enough to vote No (only symbolically mind you, since its passage was assured tremendously by the rest of the Democratic corporate lackeys masquerading as people’s representatives).

This, in an election year, is highly telling, if not plain astonishing. It is customary for Democratic politicians to pull symbolically left-leaning gestures during the presidential campaign seasons, to prove this or that credential with this or that constituency that has real and therefore left-leaning needs. So, one would have expected Obama to move slightly to the left of the right end of the political spectrum, if only for just a quick photo op.

As the presumptive nominee, he could have rallied all the Democrats into a cohesive voting block to stop this further erosion of people’s civil liberties; he would have raised his political capital by millions. One would have expected fiery speeches in support of a change from the totalitarian path set by the Bush administration to a situation where people’s rights were restored, secured and hopefully expanded. Instead, this Democratic candidate has been proving his right-wing credentials one after another.

-- more at link
http://www.dissidentvoice.org/2008/07/democrats-dont-care-about-you/

Anoone who has faith in a politician deserves the inevitable result.

As a cynic, I agree wholeheartedly. But some part of me is always glad to see people with faith in a candidate. I never quite believed it, but I hoped they were right and I was wrong. Life has taught me that its usually the other way around. But I keep hoping to be wrong about that one day.

My mother wasn't a cleaning lady!!

Nope, she was a trailer park ho' .. and you're the shitstain sperm that survived the newspaper she used to wipe her ass.

You're just another uneducated dumb ass racist hick who doesn't have the brains to debate an issue intelligently.

Since you choose to spend your time attacking people .. lets have at it motherfucker.

I love it when it becomes totally clear that a poster has no interest in debating an issue and would rather just do personal attacks.

I throw insults with the best of them, and if someone is looking to get into a namecalling fight I will make them cry.

I love it when it becomes totally clear that a poster has no interest in debating an issue and would rather just do personal attacks.

I throw insults with the best of them, and if someone is looking to get into a namecalling fight I will make them cry.

Normally I ignore shitstains and try to keep peace on the board .. but if this uneducated buffoon can continue to disrupt the board with personal attacks with no reprimand from the board, then I assume the board encourages personal attacks and I'll have no problem attacking back.

Normally I ignore shitstains and try to keep peace on the board .. but if this uneducated buffoon can continue to disrupt the board with personal attacks with no reprimand from the board, then I assume the board encourages personal attacks and I'll have no problem attacking back.

What do yo mean "reprimand from the board"?

Its a free board, everyone is free to say as they wish without reprimand, until they break the rules.

:corn:

Top has gone over the deep end lately. He was always a bit of a stupid prick, but he has gone beyond the pale with personal insults for months now. To the point that I called his wife a whore, which is something I don't feel good about. But guess what? People get tired of being called a bar whore day after day after day.

Maybe it's best to just put the littel shit on IA. I am seriously convinced that his meltdown is directly connected to the market meltdown.

Obama supporters feel betrayed over his growing list of shifting policies

BARACK OBAMA has been accused of betraying his most loyal supporters, by voting in favour of an amendment to the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) he had promised to block. Civil liberties groups say the bill, which aims to make it easier to monitor terrorist suspects, violates the constitution and legitimises government spying on ordinary Americans.

The revised act grants immunity from prosecution to phone companies who assisted the Bush administration's warrantless wiretapping programme, something Obama swore to resist as recently as June. Senate majority leader Harry Reid, chief whip Dick Durbin and Hillary Clinton all opposed the bill. Its passage was a significant victory for Dick Cheney.

By far the biggest group at social networking site mybarackobama.com, with more than 23,000 members, is called Senator Obama - Please Vote No On Telecom Immunity - Get FISA Right. In defeat, user comments revealed a potentially damaging breach. Justin from Minnesota wrote: "it cost him my vote and I hope it will cost him the votes of many others." Alejandro from Seattle lamented that he "thought the whole point of the Obama campaign was to not be like other politicians".

Gail from New Jersey addressed the candidate directly: "You lost your most ardent supporters, your workers, your donors," she posted. The fundraising model that Obama has used so successfully, tapping 1.5 million supporters for an average of $197 (£99) each, depends on the goodwill of such activists. At an event in New York this week he admitted donations have been "a little slow".

-- more at link
http://www.sundayherald.com/international/shinternational/display.var.2392769.0.0.php

Again, I feel like I've had some sort of political one night stand with the guy and he's not calling me back.
Although this was not a deal breaker, I'm not sending him any more $ nor will I campaign for him.

Top has gone over the deep end lately. He was always a bit of a stupid prick, but he has gone beyond the pale with personal insults for months now. To the point that I called his wife a whore, which is something I don't feel good about. But guess what? People get tired of being called a bar whore day after day after day.

Maybe it's best to just put the littel $&^% on IA. I am seriously convinced that his meltdown is directly connected to the market meltdown

Seriously. It used to be fun and games but now he's taking a CK turn. A little bizarre. Maybe he lost his shoe lifts. Or just one of them. that would make me cranky too.

Back