Obama-the gretaest Prez ever?

You know, it is almost scary the degree to which some are all but worshiping Obama.

Not even the most die hard neo-con republican fools were as far up Bush's ass.

I beg your pardon? I read a book in early 2001 called "The Genius of George Bush".

I love the generalizations here. One overly enthusiastic supporter gushes hyperbole and in response some nit wit says "ALL DEMOCRATS SAY OBAMA BEST PRESIDENT EVER."

It's right up there with "News Flash - Dog bites man!"

Then quit saying foolish things like like the reasons people voted for him are distractions.

You want to pretend that the Hope and coming together under a set of ideas is worship so you can insult it and tear us appart.

You guys tore this country to shredds already and now you want to sit and try to tear it some more.

Guess what , we are going to come together with or without you and your insults for the vast majority of this countries populace.

You want us to be you 8 years ago. You want to be me Eight years ago. I looked and saw the American public googly eyed over a guy who was drunk until he was 40 years old, had very little intellect, no intellectual curiosity and a real drunk at the bar temperment and said "Oh Fuck this isnt going to end well". Your problem is this is an entirely different kind of man than Bush.

Obama is a first class intellect and has a first class temperment. The American people recognise this and voted him into office in such large numbers the vote fraud didnt have a chance.

You now are so deperate to rationalise your past bad judgement by going " see you guys are doing the same thing we did with Bush".

You are wrong and time will prove it just like it did with Bush.

You have a choice to make.

Either join the hope and wait till Obama actually does something wrong to complain or keep up this stupid petty crap about him being worshiped and tearing down a country that finnally has a little hope for its future.

Then quit saying foolish things like like the reasons people voted for him are distractions.

You want to pretend that the Hope and coming together under a set of ideas is worship so you can insult it and tear us appart.

You guys tore this country to shredds already and now you want to sit and try to tear it some more.

Guess what , we are going to come together with or without you and your insults for the vast majority of this countries populace.

You want us to be you 8 years ago. You want to be me Eight years ago. I looked and saw the American public googly eyed over a guy who was drunk until he was 40 years old, had very little intellect, no intellectual curiosity and a real drunk at the bar temperment and said "Oh Fuck this isnt going to end well". Your problem is this is an entirely different kind of man than Bush.

Obama is a first class intellect and has a first class temperment. The American people recognise this and voted him into office in such large numbers the vote fraud didnt have a chance.

You now are so deperate to rationalise your past bad judgement by going " see you guys are doing the same thing we did with Bush".

You are wrong and time will prove it just like it did with Bush.

You have a choice to make.

Either join the hope and wait till Obama actually does something wrong to complain or keep up this stupid petty crap about him being worshiped and tearing down a country that finnally has a little hope for its future.

No one here is saying anything about why people voted for him are distractions. What has been commented on about on this thread is way way beyond voting for Obama. It's about Obama worship which you are a part of yet keep vehimetly (sp) protesting that your not.

Desh I have six immediate family members who at one time voted for Bush but voted for Obama this election. They are hopeful about him but there is no rhetoric about he will be one of the greats etc.

YOU are taking to a whole other level which is why you are getting so defensive.

You know, it is almost scary the degree to which some are all but worshiping Obama.

Not even the most die hard neo-con republican fools were as far up Bush's ass.
I beg your pardon? I read a book in early 2001 called "The Genius of George Bush".

I love the generalizations here. One overly enthusiastic supporter gushes hyperbole and in response some nit wit says "ALL DEMOCRATS SAY OBAMA BEST PRESIDENT EVER."

It's right up there with "News Flash - Dog bites man!"
First, as you can see in my post which you directly quoted, I used the term SOME, not all. SOME, as in not even most.

Second, we are not talking about ONE "overly enthusiastic supporter." There are hundreds of links shown under Google already proclaiming Obama to be the greatest president ever - and they are not all referencing the same thing. That's a bit more than one person, and also a bit more than one book.

In short, your entire argument is based on two very visible outright deliberate lies. It is really too bad when one must turn immediately to lies to defend their position.

I was going to say, to make no mistakes he would have to do basically nothing. Anyone who tried something will from time to time fail. The mark of a great leader is how he overcomes his failures, not that he makes no mistakes.

The Test of a Man;

There is little satisfaction to be gained from doing things that hold no difficulties;
it's the tough old task that brings a keen sense of worth and power to the
man who wins the fight;
His failures test his courage and his problems prove his might.
Until a man has conquered loss and overcome defeat,
He can not fully understand just why success is sweet.

I'm thankful for my disappointments, for the battles lost, And for mistakes that seemed to charge an overwhelming cost;
I'm thankful for the days of doubt when it was hard to see
That all things work together for the good that is to be;
I'm glad for all that Life has brought because today I know
That men must face adversities if they would greater grow.

First, as you can see in my post which you directly quoted, I used the term SOME, not all. SOME, as in not even most.

Second, we are not talking about ONE "overly enthusiastic supporter." There are hundreds of links shown under Google already proclaiming Obama to be the greatest president ever - and they are not all referencing the same thing. That's a bit more than one person, and also a bit more than one book.

In short, your entire argument is based on two very visible outright deliberate lies. It is really too bad when one must turn immediately to lies to defend their position.

What the hell are you talking about. I was there in 2000 and over enthusiastic Bush supporters were just as much hyperbole by his supporters.

No one here is saying anything about why people voted for him are distractions. What has been commented on about on this thread is way way beyond voting for Obama. It's about Obama worship which you are a part of yet keep vehimetly (sp) protesting that your not.

Desh I have six immediate family members who at one time voted for Bush but voted for Obama this election. They are hopeful about him but there is no rhetoric about he will be one of the greats etc.

YOU are taking to a whole other level which is why you are getting so defensive.

Go get as fucking quote of mine that proves your "theory" of whorship?

You are saying it to insult me.

That is all you are doing.

Now go get a quote.

You keep using W. to justify this Obama worship. Hey you are free to support him to any level you like. It seems you are sensitive and defensive when called out for the love you have shown. And 'corporate whores' has nothing to do with it and is a poor attempt at a distraction.

The full scale sell of the US to the corporate whores by the Neocons is a very big part of what got Obama elected so its NOT a distraction as you claim.

Your defense of the democrats does not hold water. When GW was elected, republicans had been out of the presidency for 8 years but we didn't see anywhere near this degree of outright worship. In fact the neo-con bushites really didn't come screebling out of the walls in force until Bush came under attack.

When Clinton was elected democrats had been out of the presidency for 12 years, and he did not get this kind of mindless adoration.

Now I am not saying Obama will not be a great president. I have my doubts based on the historical results of many of his ideas, but he could be a great leader and modify or even abandon his ideas when they start going south. Time will tell, and only time will tell.

But to proclaim him among the greatest before he's even inaugurated goes way to the extreme.

Well, maybe you didn't see it, but that doesn't mean it didnt' happen. We used to post with a woman who was part of Bush's base - the religious right. She fasted from election day until the day the Supreme Court made bush president.

She called herself "bushmom".

As to the rest - Soc has already laid that out.

Yes there was Bush worship going on but only by fools and or neocons.

What is going on for Obama is not whorship.

The reality is we have finnally hired for the position the Very top level intellect along with a man who has the Perfect temperment for the job.

This is the source of hope you are so scornful of.

We will have the top experts of the day looking at our problems, the very brightest and best.

No more neocon litmus test or the how far up Bush's butt measure but real experty oppinions and ideas.

The man is accrossed the board recognised a a fucking genious.

You gave us twice a fucking idiot and then crooned about how sexy he was in jeans.

Sarah looks good in jeans too - i will give her that.

Go get as fucking quote of mine that proves your "theory" of whorship?

You are saying it to insult me.

That is all you are doing.

Now go get a quote.

No, there are many others who qualify under the worship banner. As I said in two earlier posts in this thread Obama supporters have every right to happy and excited. They have earned the victory and the right to celebrate

But yes on multiple posts you have talked about Obama being one of the best ever and the guy hasn't stepped foot into the office yet. That's going overboard.

No, there are many others who qualify under the worship banner. As I said in two earlier posts in this thread Obama supporters have every right to happy and excited. They have earned the victory and the right to celebrate

But yes on multiple posts you have talked about Obama being one of the best ever and the guy hasn't stepped foot into the office yet. That's going overboard.

I agree it's overboard to say anything more than you hope he'll be one of the best ever.

I also wonder how Obama must feel, to have awoken on Nov 5th with the entire world celebrating his victory. And looking to him for...something.

I agree it's overboard to say anything more than you hope he'll be one of the best ever.

I also wonder how Obama must feel, to have awoken on Nov 5th with the entire world celebrating his victory. And looking to him for...something.

The entire world? Not so fast there.

Algeria, Iraq and the Democratic Republic of Congo may just have something to say about that sense of celebration as they wipe away the salt tears from their imaginary faces.

http://www.economist.com/vote2008/

Arrested for arguing with the cops. The guy was obviously there to provoke people and who knows what he said to them before the tap starting rolling.

Arrested for arguing with the cops. The guy was obviously there to provoke people and who knows what he said to them before the tap starting rolling.
And why were the cops harassing him in the first place? Because he was wearing a McCain shirt in a crown of Obama supporters. But that is not allowed, is it? Must goose step with the liberal majority because anything else is a threat; intended to provoke.

Had the incident and arrest involved a person wearing an Obama shirt at A McCain rally you fucks would be all over how conservatives repress freedom of expression.

You fascists make Bush look like an anarchist.

Back