Obama to Plumber: My plan is to spread the wealth around

You'll have to ask Darla that. But since its just me and you here now.......I have to wonder, did you write that because I often critique your attempts at humor?
Yes I admit it, I stole your idea, probably the only time it's ever happened, I know, shocking. I even took the words and republished them in another forum without your permission on a discussion about Superstar McKinney and lessee what else, oh yeah McDonalds may have come up once or twice.

Yes I admit it, I stole your idea, probably the only time it's ever happened, I know, shocking. I even took the words and republished them in another forum without your permission on a discussion about Superstar McKinney and lessee what else, oh yeah McDonalds may have come up once or twice.

Not bad. That was almost able to be classified as funny.

But they are not out of context, he was replying to the plumber on his question of more taxation. That was his answer to the plumber. What would you walk away thinking?

He IS talking about prosperity, and in the context of his overall philosophy on the economy - which he talks about all the time - he's talking about the failed policy of "trickle down", and building the economy from the bottom up.

In real terms, he's talking about no tax hike & tax breaks for everyone under $250K, which very likely encompasses about 95% of that plumber's customer base. When people get tax breaks & have disposable income, they tend to do things like renovate bathrooms & kitchens, and add additions to their houses. Ergo, the plumber gets more work, and the amount that he would be paying as an over $250K taxpayer would be offset in a big way by the extra business he will generate.

That's what Obama's talking about.

Which is good, because at your age you don't have much thought left to waste.

Ohh I have the thought, just not as much action left.
Back is paining me today, so I might be a bit cranky.

as you get older you just learn to to waste thought on some things.
Like watching Fox news. that is kinda like watching a poop cam in the toilet.
Just not worth wasting time on. And you seen one asshole you seen em all.

Last edited:
Ohh I have the thought, jut not as much action left.
Back is paining me today, so I might be a bit cranky.

It's coo. I'm in a shit mood too.

Btw you were right about me having grazed that pasture a little too much.

I'm about to take off in search of greener pastures.

He IS talking about prosperity, and in the context of his overall philosophy on the economy - which he talks about all the time - he's talking about the failed policy of "trickle down", and building the economy from the bottom up.

In real terms, he's talking about no tax hike & tax breaks for everyone under $250K, which very likely encompasses about 95% of that plumber's customer base. When people get tax breaks & have disposable income, they tend to do things like renovate bathrooms & kitchens, and add additions to their houses. Ergo, the plumber gets more work, and the amount that he would be paying as an over $250K taxpayer would be offset in a big way by the extra business he will generate.

That's what Obama's talking about.
Why didn't he just tell the plumber about the tax breaks?
I think he got caught being honest, it happens to politicians, even very seasoned good public speakers.

Honesly man, do you really, really expect Obama to cut anyone's taxes? He has zero record in either office of doing so. I judge people based on their actions.

I think he got caught being honest, it happens to politicians, even very seasoned good public speakers.

Honesly man, do you really, really expect Obama to cut anyone's taxes? He has zero record in either office of doing so. I judge people based on their actions.

Just like you judged Bush on his past business experience before becoming president ?

He has a specific economic plan, and has promised many times not to raise taxes on anyone under $250K; it's a huge part of his campaign. Politicians have backed off of promises before, but there would be serious ramifications on that one if he did, because he has really highlighted it.

You believe what you have to. Yes, I do not think he will raise taxes on anyone under $250K.

McCain and Co. need to jump all over Plummergate and he needs to rub it in Obama's face tomorrow night.

So over-the-top.

I hope he does bring it up. Obama can explain the remarks in an intelligent way that will probably make McCain look stupid.

Back