Obama vs. McCain: What they'll do to your tax bill

It doesn't seem like the grid is anything but federal taxes. No SSI, Medicare, or Cap gains is included in that chart.

It doesn't seem like the grid is anything but federal taxes. No SSI, Medicare, or Cap gains is included in that chart.

those don't count.... they might skew things differently. Why would you want to see the whole picture anyway?

Side note... the article did say it was a work in progress and that they would add the effects of the healthcare plans to it eventually. I can only assume they will get around to adding cap gains taxes as well.

so by voting for obama in this case im giving up between 1500-2000.. plus whatever SSI and cap gains increase in taxes.

Obama is going to cut taxes, McCain is going to cut them more except for the rich.

We're fools if we think we can just go and cut taxes forever without paying any attention to the debt. ZOMG they rob teh me of 1500=200?1

Do you think capital gains taxes are going to make this more or less pronounced a difference between the higher and lower classes? I mean come on. Once they incorporate that, these numbers will just grow further apart, not closer.

It would also be helpful to have the projected deficits that would result from each candidate's tax policies.

From the article:
.........Under both plans, all American taxpayers could pay a price for their tax cuts: a bigger deficit. The Tax Policy Center estimates that over 10 years, McCain's tax proposals could increase the national debt by as much as $4.5 trillion with interest, while Obama's could add as much as $3.3 trillion.

Back