Obama vs. McCain: What they'll do to your tax bill

McCain's plan versus Obama's plan?

Well depends on your filing status and income. in my case under obama i will save 1500-2000 a year on federal only but more then likley give that back plus in Cap gains. Under mccains i will save a boatload more..

That being said.. im still willing ot vote for obama granted he sticks with his donut hole SSI plan. If he switches to a ss tax cap lift with no donut whole i may have to seriously reconsider because then we are talking a substantial tax hit to the point of having to make lifestyle changes.

Well depends on your filing status and income. in my case under obama i will save 1500-2000 a year on federal only but more then likley give that back plus in Cap gains. Under mccains i will save a boatload more..

That being said.. im still willing ot vote for obama granted he sticks with his donut hole SSI plan. If he switches to a ss tax cap lift with no donut whole i may have to seriously reconsider because then we are talking a substantial tax hit to the point of having to make lifestyle changes.

The other thing to remember is that it may not even pass. Republicans will likely vote against in big blocks and I'm sure you'll have democrats - pressured from their contituency to not support the measure.

The other thing to remember is that it may not even pass. Republicans will likely vote against in big blocks and I'm sure you'll have democrats - pressured from their contituency to not support the measure.

No kidding. That's why we need a larger majority, and I think we'll get it. It won't be bullet-proof though. McCain is just going to be a lame-duck from day #1. Obama at least has a shot at passing some of his better measures.

So in essence ill take a chance voting dem and for obama knowing it may cost me up to 5k more a year in taxes(including ssi) then with mccain...

But if i start feeling like its gonna be more then that he can F off.

And anyone with a problem with that sacrifice limit can kiss my ass.

From the article:
.........Under both plans, all American taxpayers could pay a price for their tax cuts: a bigger deficit. The Tax Policy Center estimates that over 10 years, McCain's tax proposals could increase the national debt by as much as $4.5 trillion with interest, while Obama's could add as much as $3.3 trillion.

Thanks. I'm an idiot.

In any event, that doesn't jive with a Wall Street Journal article I read not too long ago that is now locked behind a subscription wall. According to that article, McCain's plan would swell the deficit three times more than the Obama plan.

In either case, three times or $1.2 trillion, that's a lot of deficit spending just to cut taxes for the top 1%.

No kidding. That's why we need a larger majority, and I think we'll get it. It won't be bullet-proof though. McCain is just going to be a lame-duck from day #1. Obama at least has a shot at passing some of his better measures.

Well, I certainly hope all his tax proposals don't go through.

I hope he's aiming high so that some medium can be reached.

So in essence ill take a chance voting dem and for obama knowing it may cost me up to 5k more a year in taxes(including ssi) then with mccain...

But if i start feeling like its gonna be more then that he can F off.

And anyone with a problem with that sacrifice limit can kiss my ass.

again - the cap gains hike may not even pass.

i think cap gains taxes are f'ing retarded. we should be giving tax credits to people that invest not tax penalties. We need to get out of the debt mentality and into a savings mentality.

$2.6 trillion Desh. That's how big our last government budget was. How high would you like to see it go?

I would like to see Americans care more about how its being spent and how to end our debt, build our infrastructure, economy , repay the military vets for their service, rebuild our broken military,end this harmful war and rebuild the ability of the US to promise a decent future for our next generation instead of worrying more about paying a little more in taxes.

This will never get all fixed if all you people care about is wether you gtet a tax cut or not before all else.

Gas prices are up 400 percent, we're at war and going heavily into debt because of it, inflation is up and the dollar is worth less than it was 8 years ago, etc., but that's all secondary to the fact that you got 600 in the mail from W.

Most Americans are paying more than that 600 as an offshoot of all the failed policies people who promote tax cuts for the wealthy bring to the floor. Suddenly 600 doesn't feel like very much when it costs you $80 to fill your tank, your government-subsidized daycare for single mothers is eliminated, and your wages are stagnant but the value of the dollar is falling like a stone. I could go on.

I would like to see Americans care more about how its being spent and how to end our debt, build our infrastructure, economy , repay the military vets for their service, rebuild our broken military,end this harmful war and rebuild the ability of the US to promise a decent future for our next generation instead of worrying more about paying a little more in taxes.

This will never get all fixed if all you people care about is wether you gtet a tax cut or not before all else.

I'd argue $2.6 trillion can cover that. Why should we give more money to politicians who have proven over and over, regardless of political party, that they can't manage it?

It's like saying we need to give an alcoholic more liquor and then expect he'll stop drinking.

Hey they can fuck everything up and cost Americans all kinds of money in all kinds of ways but raise any tax and people cant seem to keep it in any kind of persepective.

Yes wasting it on things like the military, education, healthcare...

Who needs that shit? What does it do for ME? If only SF ran the government he could do everything right.

I guarantee two things if I were running the show.

We would lower the national debt.

We would lower the national debt.

Side note emo.... the concepts of military, education etc.. are not bad in and of themselves. It is HOW they are run that is causing so much waste.

Something else I guarantee... my flat tax with a standard deduction would go into place immediately.

I'd argue $2.6 trillion can cover that. Why should we give more money to politicians who have proven over and over, regardless of political party, that they can't manage it?

It's like saying we need to give an alcoholic more liquor and then expect he'll stop drinking.

off topic: Cawacko, I get the distinct impression you are onto step three of alcoholics anonymous recovery program now?

off topic: Cawacko, I get the distinct impression you are onto step three of alcoholics anonymous recovery program now?

I'm only to step one. I admit I have a problem however I embrace it instead of getting help for it. Remember, quitting is for losers. :)

Back