Obama vs. McCain: What they'll do to your tax bill

I'm only to step one. I admit I have a problem however I embrace it instead of getting help for it. Remember, quitting is for losers. :)

That's how I felt until Jesus left me and I found my girlfriend. Or was it... no, I think that's right.

Gas prices are up 400 percent, we're at war and going heavily into debt because of it, inflation is up and the dollar is worth less than it was 8 years ago, etc., but that's all secondary to the fact that you got 600 in the mail from W.

Most Americans are paying more than that 600 as an offshoot of all the failed policies people who promote tax cuts for the wealthy bring to the floor. Suddenly 600 doesn't feel like very much when it costs you $80 to fill your tank, your government-subsidized daycare for single mothers is eliminated, and your wages are stagnant but the value of the dollar is falling like a stone. I could go on.

Which is why I'm voting for Obama despite getting a consolation prize from Mccain.

I think overall I'll do better due to superior overall policies and a balanced budget.

Which is why I'm voting for Obama despite getting a consolation prize from Mccain.

I think overall I'll do better due to superior overall policies and a balanced budget.

LadyT where are you getting the idea of a balanced budget from? That was the whole point of the original article, both campaigns offer over $3 tillion dollars in deficit spending.

LadyT where are you getting the idea of a balanced budget from? That was the whole point of the original article, both campaigns offer over $3 tillion dollars in deficit spending.

In this climate, you would have to repeal Bush's tax cuts entirely and we all know how that gets played in the "liberal media."

Yeah.

Obama will raise it by 3 trillion, McCain by 5 trillion. It's good you tried to brush over the difference and equalize the rates though.

I'd argue $2.6 trillion can cover that. Why should we give more money to politicians who have proven over and over, regardless of political party, that they can't manage it?

It's like saying we need to give an alcoholic more liquor and then expect he'll stop drinking.

What specifically Cawacko do you want to cut?

I mean, tell me something that adds up to exactly half a billion dollars, that you want to remove from the budget, like the military.

What specifically Cawacko do you want to cut?

I mean, tell me something that adds up to exactly half a billion dollars, that you want to remove from the budget, like the military.

Do you think I'm some government accountant or politician? How am I going to pick any program(s) that add up to exactly $500 million?

Back