Obama Wants to Let Those Pesky Geezers Die

More hyperbole *fart*

I do not work.
Pardon the 4 letter word.
No hype at all. Employers use benefits to attract and retain good employees, so if the benes suck and you're a good employee then they'd be foolish not to improve them. *shrug*

No hype at all. Employers use benefits to attract and retain good employees, so if the benes suck and you're a good employee then they'd be foolish not to improve them. *shrug*

Hyperbole I tell ya.
Why are many companies decreasing or dropping healthcare benefits then?
If you were correct it would be going the other direction.

Hyperbole I tell ya.
Why are many companies decreasing or dropping healthcare benefits then?
If you were correct it would be going the other direction.
They have to because costs keep going up, but the fact remains that if they didn't use it to attract and retain good employees they'd simply drop the expense altogether. If you want companies to pay for health care then control the costs not try and get the government to pay for it since that will simply raise costs or result in rationing. *shrug*

Don't you think HMOs and insurance companies are guilty of the same thing or worse? What about carriers that accept payment from clients until the client becomes a patient and then rescinds the policy based on a mistake in the application? Wouldn't you call that manipulation of a patient's outcome? What of those insurance companies that bonus employees for the degree to which they reject patient's applications for treatment, not manipulation?
I'll take the Feds, profit takes the heart out of the system. Beside, the government is more efficient than industry in administering the systems they oversee.

Medicare and Medicaid are efficient? What a dreamer you are.

Medicare and Medicaid are efficient? What a dreamer you are.

they are more efficient cost wise than private insurance paid for treatments.
Medicare/Medicaid will not pay as much for medical procedures as private insurance will. at least in most/many cases.

Back