Obama will not win the general if...

Yes, there is a reason for that bac: They are both two-time Bush voters and long-time republicans.

cant be that longtime. I m only 33. I was raised republican but moved moderate and still evolving... I have always been socialy liberal and financial conservative even in my own lifestyle. The Pubs in the past fit me better that way as the financial conservative is the more important of the 2. Now however the dems have moved more towards the middle and become seemingly more fiscally conservative so they are trending to fit me better.

Voting for a democrat this year for the highest office will be the first time for me.

'gasp' .. I'm shocked.

I wonder where they think Obama is getting his mountains of cash from?

Answer: The middle class.

Obama Could Raise $100 Million In June, Dem Fundraisers Say

Now that the Obama campaign has turned its focus towards the general election against John McCain, leading Democratic fundraisers are predicting that Obama's fundraising could skyrocket even higher than it already has. Specifically, some predict that he could raise $100 million in June.

Specifically, they say Obama could raise $100 million in June and could attract 2.5 million to 3 million new donors to his campaign.

These fundraisers say Obama could increase his fundraising dramatically because of three factors: a boost of enthusiasm among Obama donors following his clinching of the nomination; the migration of Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton's (D-N.Y.) donors to his camp; and the mobilization of big Democratic donors who have given little so far this year.

Record-breaking projections give Obama strong incentive to pass up $85 million in public funds that his opponent, Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.), has said he would accept.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/06/09/obama-could-raise-100-mil_n_106169.html

No LANDSLIDE?

I donated to him actually. I will give more later in the summer, and then again, in the fall close to the election.

cant be that longtime. I m only 33. I was raised republican but moved moderate and still evolving... I have always been socialy liberal and financial conservative even in my own lifestyle. The Pubs in the past fit me better that way as the financial conservative is the more important of the 2. Now however the dems have moved more towards the middle and become seemingly more fiscally conservative so they are trending to fit me better.

Voting for a democrat this year for the highest office will be the first time for me.

talking about tax cuts being important or better yet tax raises not being a good thing is not typical Dem rhetoric hence you being called out.

Well, I'm glad to hear it. I don't think Top is going back, actually. But he did vote for bush twice and today, you'd never guess it the way he talks about him.

Obama would be STUPID to limit himself to public funds. This is the first time in along time that when there was no dem incumbent that the dem is going to outraise the republican by oodles and gobs. Just say no to public financing Obama. When McCain blasts him for it he can say my average donor donates less than 100 dollars. And I am STILL KICKIN YOUR ASS! (now give me some dap)

talking about tax cuts being important or better yet tax raises not being a good thing is not typical Dem rhetoric hence you being called out.

Well, that and the fact that he did do exactly what I said, which is vote for bush twice. He just said this would be the first time he'd be voting dem in a national. You better get back to talking p*ssy Cawacko!

lmao

Obama would be STUPID to limit himself to public funds. This is the first time in along time that when there was no dem incumbent that the dem is going to outraise the republican by oodles and gobs. Just say no to public financing Obama. When McCain blasts him for it he can say my average donor donates less than 100 dollars. And I am STILL KICKIN YOUR ASS! (now give me some terrorist fist-jab)

Fixed.

Its a fine line however and Obama is nerve racking... especialy when he gafs on supporting a fundamentaly flawed economic idea.

Its a vote of faith that hes not going to be a tax and spend liberal of old.. or even legislate like he has in the past.

Well, I'm glad to hear it. I don't think Top is going back, actually. But he did vote for bush twice and today, you'd never guess it the way he talks about him.

I, too, was raised republican and voted republican most of my life. I tend to be fiscally conservative and socially moderate. I am here now because i want to make an INFORMED vote. This will be the first year that i will likely vote democrat, but it's important to me to know what I am voting for and why. Criticizing and condemning people who are evolving and learning does not make it any easier.

Its a fine line however and Obama is nerve racking... especialy when he gafs on supporting a fundamentaly flawed economic idea.

Its a vote of faith that hes not going to be a tax and spend liberal of old.. or even legislate like he has in the past.

Well you are in Massachusetts which will go 80% for Obama so you can feel good that your one vote didn't win him the state.

I, too, was raised republican and voted republican most of my life. I tend to be fiscally conservative and socially moderate. I am here now because i want to make an INFORMED vote. This will be the first year that i will likely vote democrat, but it's important to me to know what I am voting for and why. Criticizing and condemning people who are evolving and learning does not make it any easier.

Well, I really only do that to Chap and Top because I consider them arrogant (though likable enough) pricks. I probably won't do it to you. Unless you plan on following me around telling me how much smarter you are than me, and calling me Duhla.

take meg and myself for example there are alot of new potential dem voters who like obama. You all reached out to us.. Obama reached out to us. We helped him win the primary, we are helping him with the financing of his campaign. We are part of that huge increase of registered voters hes getting.

With this crew of independents you can win allot of elections.

The big question is can the left left take accept this new more conservative faction into their party or not.

Well, I really only do that to Chap and Top because I consider them arrogant (though likable enough) pricks. I probably won't do it to you. Unless you plan on following me around telling me how much smarter you are than me, and calling me Duhla.

lol nah. If I have to tell people how much smarter than them I am it defeats the purpose...and I try not use tired nicknames all that often ;)

lol nah. If I have to tell people how much smarter than them I am it defeats the purpose...and I try not use tired nicknames all that often ;)

It is pretty tired, he has used it so often, I am starting to answer to it. If someone said Duhla around me, I’d probably turn around! :)

Yup .. you'd be the expert on delusional.

Perhaps one day you'll learn about politics as well.

i.e. polls are useless at this point (except the ones that support obama), and of course the whole country is wide open despite the fact there is no evidence to support that claim.

I agree with you, but democrats are not republicans and do not champion republican issues.

Taxes, taxes, taxes are the 3 issues most important to republicans.

The choice in this election comes down to a very clear distinction, Bushonomics or not.

Nothing could be clearer.

i.e. polls are useless at this point (except the ones that support obama), and of course the whole country is wide open despite the fact there is no evidence to support that claim.

Poll are useless .. that's my line .. but it doesn't take a poll to see the tsunami headed for republicans this election.

No evidence to support the country is wide open????

As I said, perhaps one day you'll learn politics.

That was almost braindead given all the evidence around you that does support that .. including coming fom republicans .. including republican defeats in normally safe districts .. including etc, etc, etc ..

I voted republican for the same reason a lot of post graduate high earners do TAXES.
I'll vote Obama for the war exit plan. Chap is right, and Obama is too smart to be as dissmissive as blackpanther is on the issue. Obama has said time and again its the rich and not upper-middle he's after. He will have to clarify, John Kerry's $250,000 is a good starting place.

How much more clarity is required between the approach of Obama versus that of McCain on the issues of taxes?

Obama Proposes Tax Cuts for Middle Class and Elderly

WASHINGTON, Sept. 18 — Senator Barack Obama proposed a plan on Tuesday to provide at least $80 billion a year in tax cuts to middle-class workers, homeowners and retirees, saying if he was elected president he would “end the preferential treatment that’s built into our tax code.”

Mr. Obama said he would give a $500 tax credit to more than 150 million workers, create a tax credit for homeowners who do not itemize their deductions and eliminate income taxes for older taxpayers who make less than $50,000 a year. To pay for the plan, he said he would raise capital gains taxes on the wealthy, close corporate loopholes and abolish tax breaks that have saved hedge fund and private equity managers billions of dollars.

“If you talk about this in polite company, sooner or later you’ll get accused of waging class warfare,” Mr. Obama said. “As if it’s distasteful to point out that some C.E.O.’s make more in 10 minutes than a worker makes in 10 months.”

-- more at link

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/19/us/politics/19obama.html

What is evidenced is neo-post-republican fears about taxes, or "how my choice affects me personally" as opposed to the clear choices of what's best for the country. Those are not the kind of voters that Obama can count on to win the election.

He WILL win with voters who understand the crisis this nation is in and whose critical issues extend beyond self and who understand the real meaning of JFK's "Ask not" speech.

Back