Obama Wins, Dow Crashes!

Last time I checked Bush is still President, and these are still HIS policies that are in effect.

and Oh yeah, its President Obama to you!!! ;)

Oh, I plan to treat our new president with every bit as much respect at you guys have treated the current president the past 8 years....in the spirit of 'bipartisanship', of course.

Oh, I plan to treat our new president with every bit as much respect at you guys have treated the current president the past 8 years....in the spirit of 'bipartisanship', of course.

Who cares what you do? Bush was a dumb guy & a bad President; he was way in over his head from the get go, and the entire world thought he sucked.

My money is on Obama being a 180 degree turnaround - smart, competent & effective. You can squawk all you want.

Wall Street extends big rally to 2nd session

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081208/ap_on_bi_st_ma_re/wall_street

NEW YORK – A stock market gaining in confidence shot higher for a second straight session Monday as investors bet that President-elect Barack Obama's plans to increase infrastructure spending will help lift the economy back to health. The major market indexes jumped more than 3 percent, and the Dow Jones industrials' nearly 300 point advance gave the blue chips their highest close in a month.

Obama's plan calls for the largest U.S. public works spending program since the creation of the interstate highway system a half-century ago. That could bolster the economy by putting thousands of people to work building schools and other construction projects.

His weekend announcement gave a lift to a range of companies, from machinery makers to materials producers. Alcoa Inc., the world's third-largest aluminum producer, surged 18 percent on the news; while heavy-equipment maker Caterpillar Inc. jumped 11 percent.

Investors also grew more confident as the government neared a deal to dole out billions to America's three biggest automakers. The White House said Monday that it was "very likely" to strike an agreement with Congress on funneling money to General Motors Corp., Chrysler LLC and Ford Motor Co. The package is expected to total about $15 billion.

The stock market has become more optimistic although a number of reports last week seemed to indicate the recession is showing no signs of weakening. As the week progressed, the market appeared to be taking the bad news in stride — even Friday's Labor Department report that showed the nation lost more than a half million jobs last month. The report raised hopes that the government would take more steps to stimulate the economy.

MORE AT THE LINK.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081208/ap_on_bi_st_ma_re/wall_street

NEW YORK – A stock market gaining in confidence shot higher for a second straight session Monday as investors bet that President-elect Barack Obama's plans to increase infrastructure spending will help lift the economy back to health. The major market indexes jumped more than 3 percent, and the Dow Jones industrials' nearly 300 point advance gave the blue chips their highest close in a month.

Obama's plan calls for the largest U.S. public works spending program since the creation of the interstate highway system a half-century ago. That could bolster the economy by putting thousands of people to work building schools and other construction projects.

His weekend announcement gave a lift to a range of companies, from machinery makers to materials producers. Alcoa Inc., the world's third-largest aluminum producer, surged 18 percent on the news; while heavy-equipment maker Caterpillar Inc. jumped 11 percent.

Investors also grew more confident as the government neared a deal to dole out billions to America's three biggest automakers. The White House said Monday that it was "very likely" to strike an agreement with Congress on funneling money to General Motors Corp., Chrysler LLC and Ford Motor Co. The package is expected to total about $15 billion.

The stock market has become more optimistic although a number of reports last week seemed to indicate the recession is showing no signs of weakening. As the week progressed, the market appeared to be taking the bad news in stride — even Friday's Labor Department report that showed the nation lost more than a half million jobs last month. The report raised hopes that the government would take more steps to stimulate the economy.

MORE AT THE LINK.

It's because he's "The One".

Dolce & Gabbana released a new perfume, called "The One". I sprayed it on when I was at the mall christmas shopping with my mom this weekend. It's just beautiful, but I wondered if they used the name because of OBama. I don't know, a couple of gay European designers - I wouldn't be that surprised.

anyway, all of you guys should buy your girlfriends/wives some. Unless they like heavy scents, but most women don't. I made my mom buy it for me for Christmas. Well, she was standing right there.

Why? Is somebody going to play some disco and create a tremendous need to put people out of their misery?

:D

Probably not anywhere near your farm, but down in funckytown, there should be some playing. You realize that your position on disco puts you on the same side as a Comisky? :barf:

The Comiskys suck.

Back