Obama's Honeymoon is Over

They are going to try to say that for the next 30 years. But I still think it was Carter's fault.

God forbid; but if Obama suffered a heart attack tomorrow, the anti-right would say it was because of the stress from trying to fix "the problems that Bush left"!!

No spin needed; overall, them's pretty good numbers.

People respond to specific issues according to their situation. If more people are working again by the end of the year and the economy looks better, those #'s will increase accordingly.

The important thing to me is that even though a President may be out of office decisions they made while in office can still have present day effects and they should be held accountable. So Obama owns all the new decisions he makes but things done by Bush, Clinton etc. still are having effects today.

God forbid; but if Obama suffered a heart attack tomorrow, the anti-right would say it was because of the stress from trying to fix "the problems that Bush left"!!
Do you not recall the bushites telling us all how THEY inherited a slumping economy? I am sure you do. This economy was in the shitter long before inauguration day, he has been in office 5 months. He is STILL trying to work on the economy that was in place when Bush left office. Now most economists know that the president has almost nothing to do with the economy, but they always get the blame or the accolades. IF this turns around are you going to stand up and applaud President Obama? Me thinks not.

Do you not recall the bushites telling us all how THEY inherited a slumping economy? I am sure you do. This economy was in the shitter long before inauguration day, he has been in office 5 months. He is STILL trying to work on the economy that was in place when Bush left office. Now most economists know that the president has almost nothing to do with the economy, but they always get the blame or the accolades.
IF this turns around are you going to stand up and applaud President Obama? Me thinks not.

Who knows? Even if it happens, the likelihood that any of you would give us credit for acknowledging it is about as likely as you think our standing up and applauding will be. :rolleyes:

Do you not recall the bushites telling us all how THEY inherited a slumping economy? I am sure you do. This economy was in the shitter long before inauguration day, he has been in office 5 months. He is STILL trying to work on the economy that was in place when Bush left office. Now most economists know that the president has almost nothing to do with the economy, but they always get the blame or the accolades. IF this turns around are you going to stand up and applaud President Obama? Me thinks not.
Presidents can't make the economy better, only make it worse. If they would just get government out of the way the engine would purr along just fine.

good post you said it so much better than I could.

and you on the right would try to turn it into some sort of divine intervention. You guys hate him because you lost big to him and his coattails gave his party the congress. You had 6 years to keep it humming along nicely and you couldn't, if it went in the shitter then by your logic, Bush made it worse.

and you on the right would try to turn it into some sort of divine intervention. You guys hate him because you lost big to him and his coattails gave his party the congress. You had 6 years to keep it humming along nicely and you couldn't, if it went in the shitter then by your logic, Bush made it worse.

You've done nothing but project the hate that the anti-right have for President Bush, onto anyone that doesn't worship President Obama as the Savior of the 21st century.

You've done nothing but project the hate that the anti-right have for President Bush, onto anyone that doesn't worship President Obama as the Savior of the 21st century.
I don't think he is the savior of anything but I KNOW for a fact that Bush was a fuck up. He took us to Iraq when the war was in Afghanistan. He caused the death and even worse the dismemberment of thousands of men and women that stood in the exact same boots I did once upon a time to get rid of a secularist running a moslem country. He and his cronies lied about WMD's and took their eye off the real ball for something they thought would be an easy victory so it looked like they were doing something in this "war" on the people that planned the murder of 3000+ people on 9/11. The anti-right as you have called them marched almost lock step with Bush to Iraq and said nothing so they are equally to blame. If so many people were going to die and be maimed it should have been in the right war in the right place and not someplace that was unnecessary. I know very few military men that think that Iraq was a good idea. Lots thought that if we were going to be there we should do it right, but damn few saw it as the right place for this war.

Back