Obama's Honeymoon is Over

Yes, it is their job and you dont' know what you're talking about. Presidents have had positive impacts on the Government going all the way back to Washington. Others like Cooledge, Grant and W implemented economic policies that were disastrous but President's and the Federal government play a critical role in our economic prosperity and if you don't recognize this reality then you have no place in managing government policy as you would be incompetent.

While I agree that Bush sucked, it was the economic policy enacted under Clinton that was largely attributable to the situation we are experiencing. It was policy under Greenspan (annointed by the left and the right) that had a large hand in this.

BS, you are just repeating the myth that Presidents are responsible for the economy's performance. The truth is Presidents are at the mercy of the business cycle. There are tools to influence the business cycle, but the President has almost no control over them. In economic terms, the most powerful person in the US is the Chairman of the Federal Reserve Board who is responsible for the monetary policy, not the President.

Presidents probably have the least control over the economy of any major government player. The belief that presidents deserve blame for recessions or credit for recoveries is an economic myth. It's a very popular myth, but one that no reputable economist takes seriously.

SIGH!! You really are a pompous dude who needs to get educated on the facts.
and you're putting words in my mouth that I never said and have demonstrated that you wouldn't know what an objective fact is if it fell on you.

Where the hell are you coming from? First, what honeymoon? Obama went into office with two wars and the economy falling down. Second, spin what? That 2/3rds of Americans approve of Obama?

It's true they approve of Obama as a person favorably, his job approval rating is somewhat lower, in general and in specific areas. He receives only 45% approval for his handling of federal spending, and 46% for his handling of the federal budget deficit. Sorry! Cheers.

Again, your giving evidence as to why conservatives are incompetent at governance and do not deserve the public trust as moderates, centrist and liberals do.

In point of faact, you just don't know what your talking about. TR's trust busting had one hell of a positive impact on the economy and that's only one example.

Your loose lips are sinking you dude.

BTW, A president's monetary policy is limited to nominating members of the Federal Reserve Board and his fiscal policy is limited to getting budgets through Congress.

It's true they approve of Obama as a person favorably, his job approval rating is somewhat lower, in general and in specific areas. He receives only 45% approval for his handling of federal spending, and 46% for his handling of the federal budget deficit. Sorry! Cheers.

I thought that was kind of funny when I saw your post, as well. You're basing your conclusion on a very narrow reading of the polls you posted; in fact, the overall #'s are very favorable, and contradict your conclusion, which is colored by your partisan dislike of Obama in general.

While I agree that Bush sucked, it was the economic policy enacted under Clinton that was largely attributable to the situation we are experiencing. It was policy under Greenspan (annointed by the left and the right) that had a large hand in this.
There's blame enough to share around. Some of Clinton's policies did not help. Lack of enforcement and being asleep at the wheel while Rome burned was rather typical of Bush. Greenspan as well as a number of the Kings of Wall Street share a lions portion of the blame. We need to do what we did during the great depression. Learn from our mistakes.

Funny that the left often quotes the Gallup poll when things are in their favor. Take it up will Gallup. What I posted is what they said.

I thought that was kind of funny when I saw your post, as well. You're basing your conclusion on a very narrow reading of the polls you posted; in fact, the overall #'s are very favorable, and contradict your conclusion, which is colored by your partisan dislike of Obama in general.

You are right, then the repubs actually had 7 years of complete control of the government, thanks for pointing that out.
Not correct. In the first the Senate belonged to the Ds after Jeffords left, and the SCOTUS is pretty darned close to central, definitely not Republican. If it were it would probably already be illegal to abort babies.

Anyway, 2 years with D control of the Senate, then four years with two branches, in 2006 they lost control of the congress, that's only 4 years of control of two branches and certainly not "total control" as they didn't have even close to a supermajority in the Senate.

Do you not recall the bushites telling us all how THEY inherited a slumping economy? I am sure you do. This economy was in the shitter long before inauguration day, he has been in office 5 months. He is STILL trying to work on the economy that was in place when Bush left office. Now most economists know that the president has almost nothing to do with the economy, but they always get the blame or the accolades. IF this turns around are you going to stand up and applaud President Obama? Me thinks not.

These bunch of cretins hated Obama well before he came to power, it really pisses them off that he got elected at all.

These bunch of cretins hated Obama well before he came to power, it really pisses them off that he got elected at all.
True, just like there were many who felt the same about Bush becoming President. I can't see why people are surprised that people criticize Obama right at the start, they learned from what people did to Bush right at the start. From the very beginning they worked to undermine every aspect of his Presidency starting with the "selected not elected" mantra from even before he was inaugurated. Even after Gore made a point of calling him "my President".

True, just like there were many who felt the same about Bush becoming President. I can't see why people are surprised that people criticize Obama right at the start, they learned from what people did to Bush right at the start. From the very beginning they worked to undermine every aspect of his Presidency starting with the "selected not elected" mantra from even before he was inaugurated. Even after Gore made a point of calling him "my President".

Hey, Damo, stop hating on the cynics.

More often than not they turn out to be right.

They did it too!

They did it too!
Duh. Hence my wonder at the "surprise" shown by people who did the very same thing. It isn't like I was excusing people for doing it, just pointing out that it isn't surprising, it's politics.

Hypocrisy much, Onceler, or will you insist you weren't one of them?

;)

Back