Obama's short List

Another list had Bob Kerry of Nebraska.
No military guru's are anti war, they are just less likely to bomb the shit out of poeple.
No Jarheads in the white house for 2 decades following any elective war.
Bob Kerry, always an honorable mention, never a bride.

I like Clark, Nunn, Edwards, McCaskill, Richardson, Biden.

I belive Clark would be great, and if Senator Clinton gives her blessing, he would do it. He is a terrable debater, but brings great military experience to the ticket.

Edwards says he is not interested, but he said that last time. Its hard to say no when your parties nominee says, "The nation needs you, John"!

Richardson has grown a beard/goatee in the last few months, it makes him look more hispanic, but not VicePresidental...

I like Edwards as AG. That would be big, even bigger than him as VP.

I don't like Clark, never have. He talks too much about "great victories" for my tastes, but I acknowledge what he would bring to the ticket .. and he'd be too old to be president in 8 years. If Clark is the comprimise the Clintons demand, then so be it .. but that in itself would be troubling.

I like Richardson for a lot of reasons, not the least of which is what he and Obama represent to the black/latino communities .. both of whom are stupid enough to believe they are are enemies. Richardson speaks frankly to that bullshit.

But Richardson's experience and talents could be better suited as an ambassador of a different approach and a different face of American foreign policy. I like him as Secretary of State. Sending Richardson to talk to Iran is a progressives wet dream. Before we light the fires of war .. send Richardson.

I think that Richardson is a very bad debater, and that’s huge in a VP, especially for a race where the guy on top of the ticket is going to be doing the “above it all’ thingie. I don’t know that you can do better than Biden who has done a very effective job at neutralizing McCain/Bush attacks on Obama already.
Don’t see Hillary as a possibility after the Kennedy comments, fair or unfair, it looks like the narrative has been set: Hillary Clinton is a murderer.

Richardson will improve Obama amongst Hispanics, whom McCain might otherwise win. The Hispanic vote is huge. He also does well with the working class and moderates, whom Obama is currently hurting amongst because of the Republicans current strategy of slapping an arch-liberal image on this otherwise obviously centrist Democrat.

Webb or Clark would make him not look so weak in a military way, but Clark would really be better as Sec. of Defense. Maybe Webb or Richardson VP, and Clark SOD?

Then again, as we saw in the 2004 election (and you mentioned before), Republicans have a talent for making cowards look like war heroes and war heroes look like cowards. Republicans are basically the masters of slime, being made out of slime as they are.

Richardson will improve Obama amongst Hispanics, whom McCain might otherwise win. The Hispanic vote is huge. He also does well with the working class and moderates, whom Obama is currently hurting amongst because of the Republicans current strategy of slapping an arch-liberal image on this otherwise obviously centrist Democrat.

Webb or Clark would make him not look so weak in a military way, but Clark would really be better as Sec. of Defense. Maybe Webb or Richardson VP, and Clark SOD?

Then again, as we saw in the 2004 election (and you mentioned before), Republicans have a talent for making cowards look like war heroes and war heroes look like cowards. Republicans are basically the masters of slime, being made out of slime as they are.

The slackjaws in the flyover states would freak out, if the ticket was an african american and a hispanic. Plus, Richardson is a gaffe-a-minute kind of guy. I'm not into it.

Here's my dark horse choice: Sherrod Brown of Ohio. Ohio is going to be ground zero for the presidency. Brown is a passionate, progressive, and well known in Ohio. An outside the box choice. Screw all these status quo, safe, "centrist" choices.

Plus, Sherod's wife is way cool. A pulitzer-prize winning writer and social activist. :)

Darla, thanks for the post. I didn't know those things about Weeb I like him enen less now. He's like a republican lite who switched parties to get elected.
I have 2 college age sons, so I'm the most anti-war poster on the board. We DON'T need a warmaker in the WH.

Darla, thanks for the post. I didn't know those things about Weeb I like him enen less now. He's like a republican lite who switched parties to get elected.
I have 2 college age sons, so I'm the most anti-war poster on the board. We DON'T need a warmaker in the WH.

Yeah I couldn't believe it. I thought he was an OK guy. But you were right about him Top, and even more than you knew I guess.

I have a daughter who is now on her 3rd tour of Iraq .. this one 15 months.

I've endured a lot of nightmares and sleepless nights.

Hard to be more antiwar than I am.

Blackass, I can't begin to imagine so I won't even try.
I personally would try to convince my kids that many options are better than military. I always thought if they come up the mississippi I fight them there but I ain't sending my kids to die for political games.

The slackjaws in the flyover states would freak out, if the ticket was an african american and a hispanic. Plus, Richardson is a gaffe-a-minute kind of guy. I'm not into it.

Here's my dark horse choice: Sherrod Brown of Ohio. Ohio is going to be ground zero for the presidency. Brown is a passionate, progressive, and well known in Ohio. An outside the box choice. Screw all these status quo, safe, "centrist" choices.

Plus, Sherod's wife is way cool. A pulitzer-prize winning writer and social activist. :)

I would prefer him run with Kucinich, Sanders, maybe Biden.

Back