Official Pile on topspin day

Topspin

Verified User
Payrolls shrank by 63,000 in Feb:shock:
Supertools 70% recession chance may even be low.
Mr glassoverflowing topspin was wrong you guys are right.
WE ARE IN RECESSION!!!

UNCLE:cool:

Nothing wrong with a little cockeyed optimism, unless you're President or something.

Bad foreclosure report yesterday, too. The economy tanked pretty quickly there; it's a little concerning, particularly since I haven't heard much of an economic "plan" from McCain, who could easily be our next President. I have actually heard that he's a little uncomfortable with the topic.

Payrolls shrank by 63,000 in Feb:shock:
Supertools 70% recession chance may even be low.
Mr glassoverflowing topspin was wrong you guys are right.
WE ARE IN RECESSION!!!

UNCLE:cool:

ha ha! you were wrong......

we're all going to die now....

feelz so good to be right.

not technically yet.. economy is showing its pretty resilient. other countries economy with similar steady stream of bad economic news would already be crashed.

indications are that Q1 GDP will be positive again.

I almost wish we would fall to recession so we can recover out of it.. nobody wants a slow growing 1970's economy with oil crisis and all.

My prediction: In a couple years, virtually every republican you talk to , will cliam: "Hey, I never voted for Bush. I never even liked the guy. And I never supported or cheerled the Iraq war!"

not technically yet.. economy is showing its pretty resilient. other countries economy with similar steady stream of bad economic news would already be crashed.

indications are that Q1 GDP will be positive again.

I almost wish we would fall to recession so we can recover out of it.. nobody wants a slow growing 1970's economy with oil crisis and all.

Economy.com is claiming we are in a recession now. Our in house research is giving us revised horrible growth rates for office and industrial market growths over the next two years. Of course we won't know for another quarter or so wether we are officially in a recession. Still a lot of capital in the market but loans spreads are all over the place that some lenders have just shut things down. However it could turn around quickly as well so we'll see how it plays out.

My prediction: In a couple years, virtually every republican you talk to , will cliam: "Hey, I never voted for Bush. I never even liked the guy. And I never supported or cheerled the Iraq war!"

Your retirment was shorter than Michael Jordan's.

You also thought long term rates would go way lower when they slashed the funds rate and thats yet to happen.

Actually, since you extended the invite, I do remember you calling me a gerber coffee fetcher for even hinting that something like this might happen this year, before telling me how much money you had & saying "class dismissed".

How ya like me now?

I don't disslike anybody just like some more than others. I actually think your gloating is more manly than you useually are. LOL
being pessimistic is hardly displaying economic knowledge and though we are prob in recession starting in FEB we won't know for at least 5 months. So you and usc whinned thourgh 24 months of 3% growth and were finnally right.

i think buffet said we were basically in a recession but not technically.. perhaps we need to review the academic definition of recession and adjust it. GDP says we are not in one..

around new england im not feeling it at all. yah my home value has dropped but who cares i live there and in the middle of a long mortgage. investment wise i have taken perhaps a 15% hit tops. job market wise its very strong up here. im in tech industry and their is no slowdown in our companies order pipelines that i know of.. Yes we will likely do layoffs because its a good time to clean out the basement when media is ok with it.

if this is a recession its a walk in the park so far and 2008 will be by far my highest earning year yet.

I don't disslike anybody just like some more than others. I actually think your gloating is more manly than you useually are. LOL
being pessimistic is hardly displaying economic knowledge and though we are prob in recession starting in FEB we won't know for at least 5 months. So you and usc whinned thourgh 24 months of 3% growth and were finnally right.

I wasn't being pessimistic. I was lecturing you about overinflated home values, and what happens when people prop up the economy with huge loans from those home values, and then those home values tank. I was trying to explain to you the basics of the credit crunch that we are currently experiencing. I started talking to you about it less than 12 months ago, not 24.

All the while, you continued your glass-clinking & "more millionaires" idiocy. I was right, and you were wrong.

Ha ha.

I wasn't being pessimistic. I was lecturing you about overinflated home values, and what happens when people prop up the economy with huge loans from those home values, and then those home values tank. I was trying to explain to you the basics of the credit crunch that we are currently experiencing. I started talking to you about it less than 12 months ago, not 24.

All the while, you continued your glass-clinking & "more millionaires" idiocy. I was right, and you were wrong.

Ha ha.

Don't act like too much of a man...topper might get excited.

While free trade has never been intended as some sort of quick economic stimulus you don't think it is a good thing?

i think funding a rebate check from china only worsens the dollar and our economic position. Ask an Ohioan who is losing their job to Sun Li in China making a lead tainted product for your kid.

i think funding a rebate check from china only worsens the dollar and our economic position. Ask an Ohioan who is losing their job to Sun Li in China making a lead tainted product for your kid.

ill take the check. government service is not being done properly and i want my money back. Ill stick the money into my kids college fund.

I think lorax started during a 6% qrowth quarter which was followed by a 4% gtr 6 months later. I have been telling chap that real estate was over priced for at least 2yrs.
long term rate is 6%, so no cookie for you on that one loraxcelor. there are and will continue to be more millionaires, I was and am still right on that one. The sage know where to go to make mad coin.

A. I don't have any kids.

B. All my relatives in Ohio have jobs (or live in retirment homes).

Rebate checks and free trade are two different things. The rebate check is stupid. It's horrible policy.

Free trade helps allocate capital to where it is most efficient and thus helps bring about higher economic standards for all involved.

Protectionism isn't going to save the people in Ohio their jobs.

Back